Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through (902 Views)

Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / Muslims Block Federal Road In Kogi State For Friday Prayers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
Few days ago I traveled to Enugu from Onitsha and had one of the most unpleasant experience of traveling. The road is so bad that I wonder if any works had been carried out on it in the past 20 Years. You can hardly have a breath of fresh air throughout that route except around the vicinity of Awka the State capital. I can say that less than 5% of that road has any form tarring on it which are mostly filled with pot holes. I was also informed that the contract for the construction of the road had been awarded years back with nothing to show for it.

See some pictures I took of the road.

Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Another one

Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by bammy00(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
before blame this or that ppl come, Apc should do the road. we dey wait.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by halfcurrent(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Calabar - Itu is another road in a terrible state..Govt should really help us here in the SS and SE
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by eyeview: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
Immediately I saw the heading of 'the worst federal road ever travelled' I rushed in to counter your argument with the fact that it couldn't be worse than enugu-onitsha express road, but alas,I came in to see that you are talking about the same road.
When I plan to travel to enugu from lagos,just to avoid that road I usually make a detour in onitsha and head to owerri where I'll just look for something to do for a day or two and then from owerri I'll enter enugu thru the enugu-ph express way(via ituku ozalla). All,just to avoid this 45mins toture of a road
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
eyeview:
Immediately I saw the heading of 'the worst federal road ever travelled' I rushed in to counter your argument with the fact that it couldn't be worse than enugu-onitsha express road, but alas,I came in to see that you are talking about the same road.
When I plan to travel to enugu from lagos,just to avoid that road I usually make a detour in onitsha and head to owerri where I'll just look for something to do for a day or two and then from owerri I'll enter enugu thru the enugu-ph express way(via ituku ozalla). All,just to avoid this 45mins toture of a road

Ha ha ha! You say 45 mins? I was on that road for over 2 hours yesterday.
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
eyeview:

Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by Kimsunh: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
favouryemmy:

this is very much Better. Try to drive by sagamu road in ikorodu then you will know the lord is good

1 Like

Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
Kimsunh:
this is very much Better. Try to drive by sagamu road in ikorodu then you will know the lord is good

I tell these pictures were from among the good portions. I was in a moving vehicle so I couldn't do much in pictures.
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2016
eyeview:

FavourYemmy

There is the old Enugu Onitsha Road which bypasses some terrible sections of the road. I'm not very familiar with the route but I've gone to work in a village along Old Road and it's very good. Luxurious buses also follow this road up to Awka to dodge the terrible express. From Onitsha, it is along Npkor Road
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by favouryemmy: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:

FavourYemmy

There is the old Enugu Onitsha Road which bypasses some terrible sections of the road. I'm not very familiar with the route but I've gone to work in a village along Old Road and it's very good. Luxurious buses also follow this road up to Awka to dodge the terrible express. From Onitsha, it is along Npkor Road

It's not so. This is not the old road, the old road as I heard is better than this one but transporters don't take that route because they believe it's a longer route.
Re: This Is The Worst Federal Road I've Ever Traveled Through by eyeview: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
favouryemmy:

It's not so. This is not the old road, the old road as I heard is better than this one but transporters don't take that route because they believe it's a longer route.
Actually,the old road was recently tarred by Sullivan Chime and that road though much longer is very clean(trust sullivan for tidy jobs),so most people ply it to burst out at Nigerian Breweries factory,ama or continue forward.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel To U.S With An Invitation Letter / American Citizenship / Bride And Groom Killed In Helicopter Crash Just Hours After Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.