Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

American Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Citizenship (900 Views)

True Travails Of Young Unmarried Nigeria Men Seeking American Citizenship By Ma / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You / Algerian Woman Denied French Citizenship Over Refusal For Handshake - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Citizenship by boombah: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hello house,
I have been talking to a lady in the states for about 3 years, she's an American citizen tho.
we have grown to build some sort of feelings for each other along the line. I'm actually thinking I should get her to come over to Nigeria on a visit and maybe get married but what baffles me is :
* she has been convicted years ago for some crime (violence)
* she's under government benefits ( SSI) but she started working about a month ago but still receiving her benefits.

So now having thought of all this, I'm unsure if the marriage can help me change my immigration status.
I'll love your opinion on this house.
Thanks
Re: American Citizenship by Alejoc(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
My brother my brother..... Make I carry seat here begin dey learn!
Re: American Citizenship by davidflipcy5856(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
boombah:
Hello house,
I have been talking to a lady in the states for about 3 years, she's an American citizen tho.
we have grown to build some sort of feelings for each other along the line. I'm actually thinking I should get her to come over to Nigeria on a visit and maybe get married but what baffles me is :
* she's under government benefits ( SSI) but she started working about a month ago but still receiving her benefits.

So now having thought of all this, I'm unsure if the marriage can help me change my immigration status.
Thanks
If she agrees to come down here to get married to you, I don't see any problem.
Re: American Citizenship by boombah: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
The truth is I'm paying most of the travel stuffs as she's just gaining her balance with finances. I just want to make sure there's really a way there or it's a waste of time which is why I listed the things I see as a problem plus she's even willing to settle here in Nigeria but bros e me I no like settle for here biko lol

davidflipcy5856:
If she agrees to come down here to get married to you, I don't see any problem.
Re: American Citizenship by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
boombah:
The truth is I'm paying most of the travel stuffs as she's just gaining her balance with finances. I just want to make sure there's really a way there or it's a waste of time which is why I listed the things I see as a problem plus she's even willing to settle here in Nigeria but bros e me I no like settle for here biko lol

you might have been talking to a nigerian fraudster.just be careful.
Shikena!

6 Likes

Re: American Citizenship by boombah: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
nwanneni:
Shikena!

Bro no be so, We video call most of the time though she's a black American, she even sends me money occasionally .
It's all legit here.
Re: American Citizenship by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2018
boombah:

Bro no be so, We video call most of the time though she's a black American, she even sends me money occasionally .
It's all legit here.
ok.so long as u have that at the back of your mind,no p
Let me advise you.
Don't give her cash to follow up her coming to naija at hand.rather use a debit card to pay for everything by yourself from 9ja,including flight!
These akatas can be funny with money.before she use d bar to buy drugs(cocaine)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Citizenship by boombah: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
nwanneni:
ok.so long as u have that at the back of your mind,no p
Let me advise you.
Don't give her cash to follow up her coming to naija at hand.rather use a debit card to pay for everything by yourself from 9ja,including flight!
These akatas can be funny with money.before she use d bar to buy drugs(cocaine)
Thanks but the thing is here no one has answered my initial question really.
Will the whole thing be possible I mean the marriage and documents thing
Re: American Citizenship by Khingtee01(m): 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
grin grin grin...

No joy
nwanneni:
Shikena!
Re: American Citizenship by otipoju(m): 5:58am On Aug 29, 2018
boombah:
Hello house,

Thanks

Brother.... free that bad market like a hot potato. She will bring nothing but pain and misery to your life.

She cant file for you because she is on welfare amd cannot meet the income requirement and will need others to sign the affidavit of support on her behalf.

Her criminal record is a huge barrier and will raise serious red flags with immigration if she does agree to file for you.

Finally if she does manage to file and you get a work permit....she will not work and will open office for your head...that is where your misery will begin.

Find another person abeg.

...advice from a brother wey know whats up.

4 Likes

Re: American Citizenship by Lucasbalo(m): 6:42am On Aug 29, 2018
otipoju:

Brother.... free that bad market like a hot potato. She will bring nothing but pain and misery to your life.

She cant file for you because she is on welfare amd cannot meet the income requirement and will need others to sign the affidavit of support on her behalf.

Her criminal record is a huge barrier and will raise serious red flags with immigration if she does agree to file for you.

Finally if she does manage to file and you get a work permit....she will not work and will open office for your head...that is where your misery will begin.

Find another person abeg.

...advice from a brother wey know whats up.
You nailed it. What the OP is getting into is Mission Impossible because of her alleged crime. It's a no no for immigration in America under previous presidents not to talk of TRUMP who is very anti immigrant.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Collection Of Passport At Alausa Passport Office / Why Ethiopians Love Eating Raw Meat / Trips To Dubai [updated] -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.