Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! (1182 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan / Robert Mugabe Sleeping At Buhari’s Inauguration: Pic Released By Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 04, 2006
It is only in Nigeria that the "people's mandate" is so sacred that public officials refuse to resign even when it is the only honorable to do!

Listen to your VP disgrace himself on the Voice of America!

Vice President Atiku Abubakar has stated that the feud between him and President Olusegun Obasanjo has adversely affected his discharge of constitutional responsibilities and rendered him redundant, since the president no longer assigns him any official duty.

The vice president made the disclosure at the weekend in an interview with the Hausa Service of the Voice of America (VOA) monitored in Kaduna. According to Atiku, what he does nowadays is to stay at home, sometimes sleeping all day long.
His words: "I'm still the vice president. If he (president) gives me any work, I do it. If he doesn't, I keep quiet and stay at home and sleep, because that is my work.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article03[/b]

Is this the same man who is fighting tooth and nail to "capture" our votes come 2007?

Meanwhile in the same piece, a serving minister also accuses the VP of displaying character flaws! When ministers begin to abuse the VP, how does that same man hope to win our respect and "votes" by clinging on to power at all costs?
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by DRANOEL(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2006
what do you want him to do? the president hasnt assigned any thing to him
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by lewa(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2006
Before nko?
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by Ynot(m): 2:33am On Nov 06, 2006
I think this shows how our so called leaders place their priority above that of the people they govern. Last time i checked, we didn't elect Atiku (you can argur OBJ too) but the President has the power to drop him from his cabinet. Things will not always work between two people. Thats why we have divorce lawyers and court. Since they can't get along, Atiku should do the honourable thing and that is: resign instead of sleeping his life away and getting paid.
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by mochafella(m): 2:37am On Nov 06, 2006
Classic example of "sleeping on duty" grin
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by Ynot(m): 2:48am On Nov 06, 2006
Apparently the slowpoke don't see it that way. He thinks he's doing us a favor by remaining in office.
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by Odeku(m): 2:53am On Nov 06, 2006
Why is he complaining g now that he can steal our money any more. He should have been doing his job instead of looking for ways to siphon our money. Last pickure of him I saw in Saudi Arabia dosnt look like some one suffering
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by abiodunade(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2006
Ynot:

Apparently the slowpoke don't see it that way. He thinks he's doing us a favor by remaining in office.
I totally disagree with u and i think we should b careful abt the kind of word(s) we use against our leader(s). The Officeof the Vice President is the second highest office of the land and i think that office shold be accord respect at all time. The office of either the Vice President or Deputy Governor is to assist either the President or Governor, so if MR. President has not deem it fit to delegate responsibilty to his Vice President, the Vice has no choice now to abide within the constitution of the land. If the office of the Vice President or Deputy Governor is redundant, this shows the kind of constitution the military drafted and handed over to us. I think Vice President Atiku Abubakar should be blame for his redundancy in Presidency, it is part and parcel of politics and struggle for power.
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by toyboy1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2006
Vice president Atiku needs to get something in to his head - u cant oppose a goverment and be part of it. and moreova there cant be two captains in a ship. If his input is not needed in the present goverment, He should do us all a favour by dropping his resignation lik a honourable man n stop cryiomng lik a kid whose cradle has been snatched.
Making unguarded statments is unbecoming of a man of his position and status.
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by doshbass(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2006
It is so obvious why Atiku would not resign, if he does he will be in big trouble, the federal government and EFCC will deal with him. He is enjoying his immunity at the moment
Re: Atiku: 'Keeping Quiet And Sleeping At Home Is My Work'! by joshO: 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2006
Statements like that shows the moral deficit in in leaders, this man clearly lacks character and principle. He is so desperate to retain influence whilst campaigning for President that he's willing to "sleep his way" to Aso rock if he has too.

Any sympathy I had for this dimwit dissapeared a long time ago. OBJ is right afterall. Atiku's blind ambition has completely consumed him.

Shame.

(1) (Reply)

1.9 Million Votes And A Sparse Inauguration / South Africa's Biting Electricity Problem / Northerners Strategy To Rule Nigeria Beyond 2015 Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.