Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS (60237 Views)

Is Jamb Really Adding 40 Marks For The Candidates? / Is Jamb Still Adding 40 Marks / Jamb Is Currently Adding 40+ To 2016 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Abimloaded(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2016
ziego:

Please I need the site to check the result
http://jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme3/ I hope I don't get banned for this.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Ajibel(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2016
Geofavor:

wrong. No school will raise their general cut-off above 200. In fact, the general cut-off is 180. But some stubborn schools make theirs 200 and they can't make it above that.

Unilorin would def be 240 for med/surg
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by fxstory(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2016
imagine. Naija and lawlessness
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Geofavor(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
Goldmaxx:
alrite bro,,,,am coping,just writing my first semester exams
unn, right?

Btw, I scored 200+ wink
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by stagger: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2016
Elxandre:

You should be asking what type of weed the JAMB Directors baked their bread with.
They know what they did, hence the Free bonus marks.

They introduced Item Response Theory methodology of exams and cut back the time to 2:45 hours. (I'm sure JAMB was 3:30 hours when you wrote yours)

Add to that the severe hitches many faced, questions that failed to load in Use of English, and the prevalent wicked supervisors, who even deny students of as much as 30 minutes of their normal durations, by logging out the computers ahead of time.

I really hate it when folks make it seem this generation of students are lazier.
No! They actually have it tougher somewhat.

When I wrote JAMB, I scored 270. The cut off for my department was 290. I could not get in on merit. I had to enter through catchment. That was how tough the exams of those days were. Then we did not have the distractions that mobile phones, online and offline games, sports betting and all what not that students were exposed to. There was no internet. We filled forms manually, hustled our exam admission slips at JAMB office then at Aba Road in PH, had to wait for months to get the result and yet more months to get admission letters.

It was tough then and if you look at the pattern of scores in the UTME over the last 10 years, you can see clearly the pattern of decadence in the system. Our students do not read anymore and it shows.

The other day, I was in GTBank and the customer service personnel was teaching a graduate who came to sort out something with his account how to write a formal letter as the one the graduate wrote was total balderdash. I own businesses and I see many of these graduates coming to look for work. It is shocking to see that they can't even write a simple letter. Horrible use of tenses in their written English.

GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT! That is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Victoryuruemu: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2016
This serious,210 to 250...hmm cant say a word,i think everybody will pass the jamb.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Geofavor(m): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2016
stagger:

When I wrote JAMB, I scored 270. The cut off for my department was 290. I could not get in on merit. I had to enter through catchment. That was how tough the exams of those days were. Then we did not have the distractions that mobile phones, online and offline games, sports betting and all what not that students were exposed to. There was no internet. We filled forms manually, hustled our exam admission slips at JAMB office then at Aba Road in PH, had to wait for months to get the result and yet more months to get admission letters.

It was tough then and if you look at the pattern of scores in the UTME over the last 10 years, you can see clearly the pattern of decadence in the system. Our students do not read anymore and it shows.

The other day, I was in GTBank and the customer service personnel was teaching a graduate who came to sort out something with his account how to write a formal letter as the one the graduate wrote was total balderdash. I own businesses and I see many of these graduates coming to look for work. It is shocking to see that they can't even write a simple letter. Horrible use of tenses in their written English.

while I agree that it was much tougher back then, I do not agree with the emboldened.

And when I say it was much tougher, I mean the questions. I myself, reading through past questions, have noticed that the questions jamb set way back are more difficult than the ones they set now. However, It doesn't mean that students of those days read more than the modern day students.

Back then, you only had to write jamb. No post-jamb.

Back then, the time duration given was much more.

Back then, exam malpractice was as easy as typing these texts.

The list continues...

Only a few students really read, back then. It's no longer so.

These days, there's little or no chance of getting admitted if students don't study.

You can't cheat during the computer based test.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Anuoluwapo23(f): 10:37am On Mar 02, 2016
CONGRAT TO YOUR SISTER THO.WE PRAY IT APPLIES TO EVERYONE TOO.
Theanonymous9:

Nigga I ain't lying

1 Like

Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by solreb: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2016
It is true. Got a text message on sun 29/2 that my son got 196. Tried to print on Jamb website the server returned "no result". Tried it this morning, the score was now 236 - an addition of 40 if the earlier text message was correct. Now my friend's daughter, prior to this 2016 Jamb, had stated a few weeks ago this kind of thing happened to her friend last year - the final server result was higher that result by text message. This is quite unsettling.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by kaima1984(f): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2016
Criminal
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Rinato(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2016
Theanonymous9:

undecided
won't be surprise if u failed jamb. Jamb is the easiest exam to pass if you can read write and understand simple English sad
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Theanonymous9: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
Rinato:
won't be surprise if u failed jamb. Jamb is the easiest exam to pass if you can read write and understand simple English sad

I've handled your type before.
But Imma have someone destroy u instead.

So....

Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Elxandre(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
stagger:

grin
I see you conveniently skipped the bottlenecks these students suffered nowadays.

These things you call distractions have been a blessing to many diligent students who now converge to discuss educational matters strictly, through avenues like Facebook, Whatsapp etc.

People still score outrageous marks (280+), so nothing has changed.

You need to see the level of corruption involved in JAMB/Post UTME these days bros.
The slots are fewer, and most staffs already have their candidates (That graduate who couldn't write a formal letter was probably one of the beneficiaries).

JAMB also stopped marking reasonably a long time ago.

Most older folks don't agree, but keep blaming students instead of the system, and that's why impunity is a daily occurrence with JAMB and co..

I lost my admission last year despite my quite high scores, but many got admitted with really horrendous scores (into nice courses of course smiley )
FUPRE marked thrash 2 years ago, scoring many as low as 1/50. All pleas for a rectification/remarking fell on deaf ears.
I created a NL thread to seek help, but most people shouted me down and they got away with it. (that was the easiest exam I wrote in my life)

Please when these issues come up, and you don't have first hand information about that occurrence, don't contribute negatively.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by tosyne2much(m): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
twoondei:
Who jamb score don help? If the increase is across board, it makes no difference really cos admission and cut off marks are determined by how much space they have for a particular course.

Go study hard and ace post ume.
Gbaaaaam !!!
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Rinato(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
Theanonymous9:

I've handled your type before. But Imma have someone destroy u instead.
So....
THE MISTAKE
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by stagger: 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2016
Elxandre:

grin
I see you conveniently skipped the bottlenecks these students suffered nowadays.

These things you call distractions have been a blessing to many diligent students who now converge to discuss educational matters strictly, through avenues like Facebook, Whatsapp etc.

People still score outrageous marks (280+), so nothing has changed.

You need to see the level of corruption involved in JAMB/Post UTME these days bros.
The slots are fewer, and most staffs already have their candidates (That graduate who couldn't write a formal letter was probably one of the beneficiaries).

JAMB also stopped marking reasonably a long time ago.

Most older folks don't agree, but keep blaming students instead of the system, and that's why impunity is a daily occurrence with JAMB and co..

I lost my admission last year despite my quite high scores, but many got admitted with really horrendous scores (into nice courses of course smiley )
FUPRE marked thrash 2 years ago, scoring many as low as 1/50. All pleas for a rectification/remarking fell on deaf ears.
I created a NL thread to seek help, but most people shouted me down and they got away with it. (that was the easiest exam I wrote in my life)

Please when these issues come up, and you don't have first hand information about that occurrence, don't contribute negatively.

If the integrity of the UTME was solid, there would be no need for post-UTME exams. Back then everyone knew that passing JAMB was the ticket to your future. Our issues started when the cut-off points were fixed first to 200, then sub-200. That really jeopardized the integrity of the exam. I got my admission without knowing nobody. You wrote your exam and if you passed, you carried your bags and off to school you went.

No wonder our certificates have no value anywhere in the world. In which country do you see an exam organization body marking up scores by as much as 25%?

1 Like

Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Theanonymous9: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
pauljambhep:
Jamb Cbt low score result Up-grading has started.

Contact Mr Paul, Jamb supervisor for assistance on any problem encounter during your exam and to Upgrade your
low score to suit to your choice of course in gaining admission. upgrade your low score result now the result data base
rectification is still open. dont stay at home this year again while result upgrading is on.

Today's Account. Mr Paul..Mr Paul..Mr Paul!! How many times I call you?

Oya pack your load and leave. Unless you could provide a Jamb Worker ID card, your car with Jamb imprints, Your Jamb complete kit including cap, A Jamb Pen and a pic of you in your office with your name, "Mr Paul" on the side desk...holding up today's Newspaper with a half smile on your face while your other hand does the 'Victory' sign.

Otherwise...leave..still
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by mrMeen(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
the jamb result of a friend of mine was sent to him as 160 we reprinted again and the score increase to 200 hence they are adding 40 by extention
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by klassykute(m): 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
missKiffy:
Lol
lol oooo lol too
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Goldmaxx(f): 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Geofavor:
unn, right?
Btw, I scored 200+ wink
yea unn

is it after the 40 marks was added
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Geofavor(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
Goldmaxx:
yea unn

is it after the 40 marks was added
lol. Why do you ask? Anyway, I had 200+ even before they added their 40marks bribe.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Goldmaxx(f): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
Geofavor:

lol. Why do you ask? Anyway, I had 200+ even before they added their 40marks bribe.
but u once told me 190
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Geofavor(m): 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
Goldmaxx:
but u once told me 190
I was being sacarstic
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by yollychika(f): 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
Dis na cheating as e nor b like dis fo ma own time ooooo undecided
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Goldmaxx(f): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Geofavor:
I was being sacarstic
goodluck bro,wat course did u put again
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Goldmaxx(f): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
Geofavor:

I was being sacarstic
goodluck bro,wat course did u put again and wat uni
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Geofavor(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Goldmaxx:
goodluck bro,wat course did u put again and wat uni
I can't change my course. I always go for what I want. Same course. Uni is uniben.
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by Abdul4rl22(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
please i wrote my jamb yesterday I didn't receive sms i check today i find out i score 178, are they going to add dat 40mark to me??
Re: Jamb's Now Adding +40 to the Scores they sent via SmS by finesttmm: 1:18am On Mar 04, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]this shit is not fair.. I scored 253 waiting for jamb to add 40 marks to my marks and i saw nothing.... Dis is rubbish na dey better add d 40marks o cos i wana have 293 o.O angrythis shit is not fair.. I scored 253 waiting for jamb to add 40 marks to my marks and i saw nothing.... Dis is rubbish na dey better add d 40marks o cos i wana have 293 o.O

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Free Total Scholarship Past Questions And Answers / The Shortest And The Most Popular Guy In UNIJOS (Photo) / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.