Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror (628 Views)

Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom / James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by HungerBAD: 5:54am On Mar 02, 2016
Posted By: BOLADALE BAMIGBOLA

Afenifere chieftain and chairman of Social Democratic Party, SDP, Chief Olu Falae, yesterday narrowly escaped death when his convoy was shot at by some mobile policemen. Falae, it was learnt, was on his way to Ile Ife to attend a meeting with Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi before his convoy was shot at by some policemen at Ile Oluji junction, along Ilesa/ Akure express way. Explaining how the incident happened to newsmen in Ile-Ife, Falae expressed shock over the incident and alleged that some people were after his life.

“I was coming from Akure approaching Ilesa. I saw some vehicles ahead of me. There was a bullion van in front. The vehicles ahead of us were overtaking the bullion van and we too followed. “I nearly passed them when I heard a shot and I heard a bang on my car.

We stopped and we saw that they had fired at our car. “They didn’t stop. We stopped at Erin-Ijesa and complained to the police at the check-point that we were fired at by some police following a bullion van at Ile-Oluji junction,” he said. Also commenting on what happened, Falae’s personal assistant, Captain Moshood Raji said: “Yes, it’s true, they shot at the car as we went past them between Ikeji Arakeji and Ipetu in Osun State as others did. “There were three vehicles, the first a Hilux van that carried the policemen, then the bullion van and the pilot. Chief Falae’s Jeep drove past the pilot, so one of the policemen fired at the jeep. Nobody was injured and Chief Falae and everybody is fine.” He said Falae would report the matter to the police authority in Akure.

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of Osun Police Command, Folashade Odoro, said police authorities have not been briefed on the matter.

Seun, Lalasticlacla

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/falae-escapes-death-as-police-shoot-convoy/

1 Like

Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 02, 2016
HungerBAD:

When contacted, the Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of Osun Police Command, Folashade Odoro, said police authorities have not been briefed on the matter.

Seun, Lalasticlacla

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/falae-escapes-death-as-police-shoot-convoy/

Do they ever know anything... That phrase is fast becoming a cliché because of the frequency with which PPROs pounce on it.
Why not just say "we will give you more details as events unfold"
Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by IVORY2009(m): 5:59am On Mar 02, 2016
Olu Falee again shocked

2 Likes

Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by zadok60: 6:00am On Mar 02, 2016
its allowed..
Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 02, 2016
Cc
Seun, Lalasticlacla
Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by Aufbauh(m): 6:02am On Mar 02, 2016
Whatever men do live with them and whatever goes around must surely comes around.
Why are gunmen after an elderly retired Chief Falae?

Maybe the ghost of the 100m naira Dasuki money he refused to democratized chasing Olu falae everywhere he goes.
Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by madridguy(m): 6:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Noted
Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Aufbauh:
Whatever men do live with them and whatever goes around must surely comes around.
Why are gunmen after an elderly retired Chief Falae?

Maybe the ghost of the 100m naira Dasuki money he refused to democratized chasing Olu falae everywhere he goes.

Talking and talking sense are two distinct things.

Are you also amongst the future leaders?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falae Escapes Death As Police Shoot Convoy-the National Mirror by Mynd44: 6:18am On Mar 02, 2016

(1)

. / Ndume Asks Saraki To Take Second Wife- Thisday / No Fuel, No Light, What Is This? Could This Be The Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.