Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom (42053 Views)

Section Of Senator Wamakko's Building Collapses In Sokoto. Photos / Governor Udom Leaves After Collapse Of Reigners Bible Church Building. PICS / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses, Over 50 Dead (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by falconey(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
In what would have been a major tragedy, Gov. Emmanuel Udom escaped possible death by not arriving on time at a church programme he was suppose to attend in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State.

According to a witness, The Reigners Bible Church, located along Uyo Village Road, was filled to capacity because its pastor was being consecrated as a Bishop, when the tragedy occurred.

The witness according to Premium Times said the Church was being renovated and upgraded because of the expected high number of guests on Saturday.

“Many people are buried under the debris as emergency workers continue rescue exercise,” he said.

Governor Udom Emmanuel was expected to attend the occasion, but, sources said he was not at the church when it collapsed.

“The governor has gone to the scene and is presently there helping with the rescue,” a witness said.
Our sources said many victims have been taken to various hospitals and mortuaries in the town.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/breaking-gov-udom-escapes-death-as-church-building-collapses/

1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by angeltolly(f): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
I came here to see how the Governor Jumped out of the building like James Bond angry

They need to check the reason for the collapse. Don't say it's devil's work o. Investigate thoroughly. God be with the family of people involved.

42 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by divinehand2003(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
Very sad incidence oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by littlewonders: 2:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Still thinking of what to say...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Sunnymatey(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
This days most churches boost of building architectural master-piece with large capacity without a single column to support the roof. Its high time relevant bodies begin to look into church building with regards to their designs. Some claimed the designed is revealed to them by God Himself, but God is never an authur of confusion, He can't give you a design that will collapse.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Theoritical(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
one life loss is no big deal
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by falconey(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
Theoritical:

it is when the person happens to be a leader, figurehead and a man of the people.
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
End time church buildings every where undecided

1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by lyterydim(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
Nigerians bloggers will I said are unprofessional,
All was it for the purpose of generating traffic,

The headline though,
I actually came here to see the rescue team digging out
The governor and other casualties from the building.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by PappiSnow: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lucky him

Meanwhile check my siggy
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Opinedecandid(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
God is good.

Scores are feared dead
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by VcStunner(m): 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
Terrible

Am waiting for that over-zealous Christian brethren that will come to tell us how the dead are heading straight for heaven.
It's an unfortunate thing. And I hope the authorities that regulate public buildings such as that will dutifully do their jobs!
Why set such trap and go unpunished because you are some Bishop

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by ekems2017(f): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
My Governor cannot die. But I wonder why is it the sAme day he went there that the building collapse? Why did it not collapse yesterday when people were not there.?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by JohnVianney: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
very sad indeed
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
Make him thank God

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Zaha(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
may God be with the family of the departed soul
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by sped1oro(m): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
Saddenning!

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Obito555(m): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
ekems2017:
My Governor cannot die. But I wonder why is it the sAme day he went there that the building collapse? Why did it not collapse yesterday when people were not there.?
karma!
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
Dem don use dem do rituals
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by sleepyeyez(m): 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
Yeye country. Instead of focusing on the dozens who lost their lives due to some lousy contractor n church owners failure to ensure safety, we r talking of the governor who didn't make it to the event. Mtcheeew

oh. just heard he was actually there but escaped death by whiskers

13 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Emrixx(f): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Make dem check d so called pastor well maybe God does not want him to become a Bishop

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by landinfo: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
He shld thanksgiving all the day of his life.....
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by recievesense: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
Theoritical:

may you loose yours soon

3 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Delightbaby(f): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
God have mercy. Why must it be today? They should properly investigate the contractors and all those involved in the construction. We don't want this type of news at this time of the year. May those that died rest in peace and quick recovery to the injured.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Padipadi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
It come be like say I v seen this news before. Like I dreamt of it.
I suspected that they planted that thing that collapse buildings there
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by adebayo201: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
I can read comments of people saying trash! continue ehn! Pray such dont happen to any of your relatives!
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by HQuadreal: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
God help us ooo.
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by adebayo201: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
VcStunner:
Terrible

Am waiting for that over-zealous Christian brethren that will come to tell us how the dead are heading straight for heaven.
It's an unfortunate thing. And I hope the authorities that regulate public buildings such as that will dutifully do their jobs!
Why set such trap and go unpunished because you are some Bishop
bless you sir. There are many things that shouldnt be spiritualized, not even in this nation. After the building has been erected, agencies should have carried out enough checks upon check for proper usage.
Yes, death is inevitable but we shouldnt give room to it due to our carelessness!

RiP to the dead.
And to the relatives of the dead,God will give them forfitude to bear the lost

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by johnstar(m): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
So governor no die?

Issokay

Time for anoda building offering
Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
Nonsense.
That's how we rush church projects like say God dwells in most of them...

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom by Mabelenena(f): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
crySo sad,only God knows why it happened

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protests In Ibadan Over Alleged Secession Agenda Of Yoruba Nation. / Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers / Aisha Buhari And Family Celebrate President Buhari's Re-Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.