Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? (500 Views)

Did Nigerians Signed Their Death Warrant By Voting Buhari As President? / Why Did Nigerians Shun The Anti Government Protest Yesterday? / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by mekaboy(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2016
I heard some APC guy saying Nigerians did not vote buhari because of 5k and campaign promises, so I ask why did Nigerians vote him?

They promised to bring back chibike girls.

Today they don't know where the girls are. They now blame Jonathan for not acting fast enough when they were abducted. The issue of the herdsmen has been on since, even after the abduction of falae, yet buhari did not act fast. This has resulted in many deaths and IDPS.

The same way the govt is setting aside billions to rebuild the north east destroyed by boko haram, I hope they will map out billions to rebuild the affected areas in benue and all the farms and properties damaged by herdsmen in other parts of the country.

They promised to pay 5k to unemployed.

Today it is no longer priority, instead collecting 50 naira from the same youths is priority.

Promised to implement report of confab.

Today it is illegal and can't be implemented.

They calculated that fuel should be sold for about 40 naira under Gej due to fall in crude oil prices.

Today fuel scarcity persists.

They promised millions of employment yearly.

Today millions have lost their jobs.

They promised improve power supply.

Today there is shortage and increase in tariffs.

They said jonathan's govt was corrupt.

Today they have presented the most corrupt 2016 budget in world history. Was it PDP members that prepared the budget?

So why exactly did Nigerians vote PMB if not for the campaign promises?
Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by tsephanyah(f): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2016
they have been Con. and they don't want to admit. calling people wailer, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by Tunami(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2016
gullible nigerians voted buhari because they were promised immaginary heaven on earth.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by eaglejay13(m): 10:40am On Mar 02, 2016
Waiting for comments

From APC supporters
Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by chriskosherbal(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2016
I really dont know.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by DaBullIT(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2016
I voted cause he promised to fight corruption
Re: Why Did Nigerians Vote Pres Buhari ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2016
DaBullIT:
I voted cause he promised to fight corruption

So, who has been convicted since he came to power?

#Budget of yams, does this ring a bell?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Agatu Massacre: Group Leads Protest In Abuja (photos) / Nigerian Junior Labour Minister, James Ocholi, Dies In Road Crash / PMB Appoints Dakuku Adol Peterside As President Of NIMASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.