Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

How I Became A Helicopter Pilot - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Became A Helicopter Pilot (34808 Views)

Helicopter Crashes In Sokoto State / Abuja Airport Closure: Calibration Helicopter To Be Used In Kaduna Airport (Pic) / Helicopter Lands On Busy Highway In Kenya After Pilot Lost Direction (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 7:19am On Mar 04, 2016
emmaak2:
please sir are you from akwa ibom state?

Yes, I am from Akwa Ibom State.

kunlegboye:
This is indeed brevity and share God backing as well....kudos!!...Dreamt of becoming aeronautic engineer long time ago,i have to put in for elect/elect engineering in Nigeria university since a graduate of this course could still further to become aeronautic engineer...But right now struggling to get job after graduate is a major challenge and discouragement! ....

Thank you. With Elect/Elect Engineering, you can train and become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Avionics or Airframe & Powerplant (A&P). It is not late. You can still achieve your dream.

lilreese:
Glory to God

Yes, may His name be praised forever. Thank you.

gungab:
congratulations sir
how I wish you give us some video tips , of you during training

Thank you. Unfortunately, there are no videos. The helicopters I flew was not fitted with device to record videos during flight. And couldn't do it manually because the helicopter didn't have auto pilot. I flew the aircraft with two hands. Helicopter requires a lot of attention so you can't play with it while flying especially on Solo flights.

belcom10:
a very inspiring post, congrat sir. God will finish his work in your life

Amen. Thank you.

okikiosibodu:
I double sight you sir...Great to finally hook up with you here. This is Gideon, we do chat on WhatsApp

Thanks, Gideon. Good to have you here.

tempest01:
When you reached the showing of seed pave, my thought was that it would be better you do that directly to the needy.....and you did just that. Congrats OP. Ofon.

Thank you, Sir.

oluxy:
wow! truly I was moved by the huge sum amount u need to pay, that isn't small. Thank God for giving you the vision at the first place n for blocking every places you wrote letter to whether you will give up on what he had shown to you but thank God you didn't.
God words is morethan the fees and what he have for you is than the challenges you pass through.
I know someday God shall use you to fulfil peoples vision too...
I have a vision unfulfilled but I trust in God that he shall help me fulfill it.
am thoroughly boosted, stirred n inspired by your story sir..

Thank you. Though, it tarries, wait for it. It shall come to pass.

nmaihat:
I am so inspired sir. I pray my own dreams come true just like yours.

Thank you. Though, it tarries, wait for it. It shall come to pass. God will make a way for you.

lordcenred:
the black guy na akwa ibom man abi na akwa ibom man get de flying school?
check the badge with caption "ESSIEN"

The black guy is from Akwa Ibom State. I was a Student Pilot and not the owner of the flying school.

shockwave:
Essien, I've read quite a number of your posts on facebook. I give you kudos. Becoming a pilot has always been a challenge, like an insurmountable mountain, especially for those of us who weren't born with silver spoons. Trust me, I know what it feels like to have to think of money while you were expected to get your stuff right at the same time. I trained at NCAT Zaria, began my training without paying a single Kobo, all after I've heard only the rich kids could ever make it into the fence of NCAT. Like God works always, i was lucky to be among the few granted ETF scholarship to the tune of 5.1 million Naira. Afterwards, Stella Oduah came in as Aviation Minister and we all had to be chased to pay up our balances which mine was an ounstanding 2.5 million Naira. It was the most challenging and difficult period of my life, iit felt like raising 100 million Naira out of the blues, but then God as always made it possible for my uncle to stand in for me as a guarantor spreading my balance payment over 3 years, as a benefit of being an NCAT staff. As for job, it didn't show up until over 2 frustrating years. To the Glory of God, i fly the Q400 now with Nigeria's biggest airline ( yeah you guessed right).
The fact is 60% of pilots have similar stories but God in Hisinfinite mercy always has a way of rewarding our faith, hardwork and sacrifice.
Your job is just by the corner, but never stop praying.
Believe me, it's a very great privilege to #BeAPilot!

Thank you brother. God is ever faithful. Yes, it is a great privilege to #BeAPilot! Congratulations on your Q400. More blue sky.

Xtargold:
Congrats sir.I'm currently facing a similar situation,but I hope to share my success someday.

Thank you. The world awaits your success story. You will make it.

eleko1:
NEVER GIVE UP.WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT,BUT JOY COMES IN THE MORNING.

Yes. Thank you. Though, it tarries, wait for it.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2016
anochuko01:
How I became a Mechatronic engineer.... That's gonna be my own story!

The world awaits your success story. It is possible. Yes, you can.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by Sholaystar4me(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2016
What a story that brings rain to d eyes!

With strong desire and will, no matter what it is a man wants, with the backing of the Almighty God. He will surely have it. Thank you sir for your story, it is motivational, though i have a different desire, but i know one day and very soon, i will tell my own story too. Ur story just fuelled my passion and desire, something to read every morning. Thank you sir

God Blessings on you always
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 8:17am On Mar 04, 2016
Daniel2802:
You're absolutely right bruv, tho it's more like 75%,lol.
Sponsorship has always been the problem, some states sponsor though, Delta state has its own Aviation Scholarship to do your flight training anywhere in the world
cc Olisa4all
Details about that please.
My name is Daniel and I hope to become a pilot one day.
@OP can u please email me your contact, I would love to learn a lot from you.

Daniel, follow the link to my blog. You will my details there. Thank you.

Sholaystar4me:
What a story that brings rain to d eyes!
With strong desire and will, no matter what it is a man wants, with the backing of the Almighty God. He will surely have it. Thank you sir for your story, it is motivational, though i have a different desire, but i know one day and very soon, i will tell my own story too. Ur story just fuelled my passion and desire, something to read every morning. Thank you sir
God Blessings on you always

Thank you. Whatever the mind of mind can conceive and believe, he can achieve. Whatever you desire, it is achievable. May God bless your efforts with success. God bless you.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by KoldKash(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2016
The part I like the most is the "MOUNTAIN MOVING FAITH." It paid off-keep that kind of faith alive and you won't only h a that dream job-you'll own an airline in your lifetime. CONGRATULATIONS Man.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by Arwhy(f): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2016
I am inspired! I'm a potential student pilot about to resume school. The major challange is finance. Scholarships are almost impossible to find! And the fedral scholarship board...I don't even know what they are there for. I think women in aviation need more encouragement.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by Olisa4all: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
Arwhy:
I am inspired! I'm a potential student pilot about to resume school. The major challange is finance. Scholarships are almost impossible to find! And the fedral scholarship board...I don't even know what they are there for. I think women in aviation need more encouragement.

Have you checked your state's scholarship board?
Every state has one I believe. I might be wrong.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Arwhy:

Try your state scholarship board. Ask around. Help will come.

KoldKash:
The part I like the most is the "MOUNTAIN MOVING FAITH." It paid off-keep that kind of faith alive and you won't only h a that dream job-you'll own an airline in your lifetime. CONGRATULATIONS Man.

Thank you.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by shockwave(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
mosquitoway:

Congrats on the Q400, my story is very similar to Essiens as well,I got my cpl/me/ir in canada,it was a whirlwind journey but in the end brings a smile when we sit in our offices in the sky,I presently fly a king air here waiting to someday come home to my country and fly the environment I grew up in.Goodluck to aspiring pilots,May God provide for you favourable wind
Amen my brother. We shall all get the by God's grace.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by belcom10(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
sir, i think you might check dis job opening on pilot, i saw it on linkedin so i decided to post it here.https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/108085849?trk=job_view_similar_jobs
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2016
belcom10:
sir, i think you might check dis job opening on pilot, i saw it on linkedin so i decided to post it here.https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/108085849?trk=job_view_similar_jobs

Thank you. God bless you.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by ewa20buredi100: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2016
despam:

Thank you. God bless you.

Thanks for the inspiring story.

I want to ask; can one be a pilot by joining the Airforce?

And secondly, if it is possible to be a pilot by joining the Airforce, are the financial challenges better or worse compared to going to an Aviation school?

Thank you
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by 9jaLaw(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2017
Very inspirational. If you believe, you certainly can.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2017
ewa20buredi100:

Thanks for the inspiring story.

I want to ask; can one be a pilot by joining the Airforce?

And secondly, if it is possible to be a pilot by joining the Airforce, are the financial challenges better or worse compared to going to an Aviation school?

Thank you

Yes, you can be a pilot by joining the Air Force. There is no financial implication because Air Force pays for all your training. The issue will be you being qualified to be taken as a Pilot either from the Academy or DSS.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by despam(m): 3:36pm On May 25, 2017
9jaLaw:
Very inspirational. If you believe, you certainly can.

Thank you. Yes, you can if you believe.
Re: How I Became A Helicopter Pilot by eroticecstasy: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
despam:

Thank you. Yes, you can if you believe.

I was searching for a pilot training school I stumbled on your story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Tankers Collide And Explode In Zaria, Burn People Alive(photo) / Nigerian man kicked out of the plane in UK for being to rude to the cabin crew / Hilarious Transport System In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.