Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic (1490 Views)

See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind / Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
My Love for this car has landed me on one, it's like toks though, rarely used by this American - Ex - Owner. Engine still intact, when I serviced my personal mech told me the Plugs had never been changed and even the fuel filter

After servicing, engine stops running when making turning or if am not accelerating. But when moving Mahn!!! It's fanstastic.

Secondly, there is this periodic black smoke , faint black smoke mind you engine steams through the exhaust at every mornings.

Please Dodge Caravanians . Kindly refer
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by mayor2013: 12:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
iamSi:
My Love for this car has landed me on one, it's like toks though, rarely used by this American - Ex - Owner. Engine still intact, when I serviced my personal mech told me the Plugs had never been changed and even the fuel filter

After servicing, engine stops running when making turning or if am not accelerating. But when moving Mahn!!! It's fanstastic.

Secondly, there is this periodic black smoke , faint black smoke mind you engine steams through the exhaust at every mornings.

Please Dodge Caravanians . Kindly refer

If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837, free diagnosis for you ends by 5pm tomorrow
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oh very nice of you, I forgot to add the car is in IB
mayor2013:

If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837, free diagnosis for you ends by 5pm tomorrow
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by mayor2013: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
iamSi:
Oh very nice of you, I forgot to add the car is in IB

Alright then
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
But Sir, I know you've has so many similar cases I know you'll have an idea.

Some say it's cos the car has been in an idle state for a very long time, but its consuming fuel comparing it to the one I just sold .

Any tip sir?
mayor2013:

Alright then
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by mayor2013: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
iamSi:
But Sir, I know you've has so many similar cases I know you'll have an idea.

Some say it's cos the car has been in an idle state for a very long time, but its consuming fuel comparing it to the one I just sold .

Any tip sir?

A black smoke coming out your exhaust points that your car is consuming excess of fuel. To nail the culprit as there are many things that can be responsible for that. Run a scan and have them give you thr scan result. You can come back here and post the result

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by honmusa(m): 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
black smoke is an indication that your car is running too rich i.e fuel consumption is extremely high which can cause unburnt fuel mixing with your engine oil thereby causing lubrication issue for your engine .
If you are in Ibadan ,call autologic @ 08061166316 to run a comprehensive diagnostics on your car power train system.
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oh!!! Thanks My Mayor
mayor2013:

A black smoke coming out your exhaust points that your car is consuming excess of fuel. To nail the culprit as there are many things that can be responsible for that. Run a scan and have them give you thr scan result. You can come back here and post the result
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by sultaan(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
It was working fine until a Nigeria mechanic serviced it so you have to check on everything he did first is to look at the part number of the plugs he used and the gap.
Check to make sure he didn't cross the wires to the injectors and your solution will be somewhe nore there.

Before you do anything your CEL is on you have to do a scan or diagnosis on the car by flipping the keys from on to acc 3 times on the third time it will give you a code in the odometer P**** write it down and Google it. If there is no code it will show done than your problem is vacuum because he didn't reconnect a hose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 2:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks bro but I wanna know if a Long-parked vehicle like a year or less can reslt in this black smoke of a thing .

sultaan:
It was working fine until a Nigeria mechanic serviced it so you have to check on everything he did first is to look at the part number of the plugs he used and the gap.
Check to make sure he didn't cross the wires to the injectors and your solution will be somewhe nore there.

Before you do anything your CEL is on you have to do a scan or diagnosis on the car by flipping the keys from on to acc 3 times on the third time it will give you a code in the odometer P**** write it down and Google it. If there is no code it will show done than your problem is vacuum because he didn't reconnect a hose
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by mayor2013: 7:24am On Mar 03, 2016
iamSi:
Thanks bro but I wanna know if a Long-parked vehicle like a year or less can reslt in this black smoke of a thing .

Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by honmusa(m): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
iamSi:

Definitely .Most of the sensitive components in a long park vehicle will serve as food for rodents for the period the vehicle was parked .e.g if O2 sensor wire or MAP sensor has been tampered with u will definitely get black smoke .
So also ,stuck opened injector due to ageing also will contribute to black smoke.
A competent diagnostics tech shop will reveal help to reveal all this .
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks many much for this ...
honmusa:

Definitely .Most of the sensitive components in a long park vehicle will serve as food for rodents for the period the vehicle was parked .e.g if O2 sensor wire or MAP sensor has been tampered with u will definitely get black smoke .
So also ,stuck opened injector due to ageing also will contribute to black smoke.
A competent diagnostics tech shop will reveal help to reveal all this .
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by iamSi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
1st thing on monday morning bro ... Thanks
honmusa:
black smoke is an indication that your car is running too rich i.e fuel consumption is extremely high which can cause unburnt fuel mixing with your engine oil thereby causing lubrication issue for your engine .
If you are in Ibadan ,call autologic @ 08061166316 to run a comprehensive diagnostics on your car power train system.
Re: Please Recommend A Dodge Caravan Technician / Mechanic by sultaan(m): 1:34am On Mar 07, 2016
Did you even try flipping the keys 3 times as I suggested?

Sometimes the opportunity comes to learn on your own don't make things go far beyond your understanding by catching up a bit on your problems.

The only way to learn is getting involved not spoon fed by a mechanic who is trying to make money.

(1) (Reply)

Fifty Six (56) Of The Worst Car Ever / Are These Offers On Jumia Car Shop For Real? / Sincere Advice Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.