Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Sincere Advice Needed Asap - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sincere Advice Needed Asap (1486 Views)

I Need Your Sincere Advice Here Pls!!!! / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2018
fam I drive a 1999 Toyota siena, car has been so great. but am tempted to upgrade to 2006 model of same car tho (naija used ). what are the prone on Con's of these model. asap advice needed
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
My current car

Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
This is the model I want to upgrade to

Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by EngRichie: 3:49am On Aug 29, 2018
I don't know what you use your vehicle for and why you want to upgrade but note that even the 2006 model is not a fuel economical car.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by diportivo: 4:09am On Aug 29, 2018
nurey,your attention is needed here

this guy above me is feeling sleepy and can't do pros and cons for now grin
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 4:49am On Aug 29, 2018
EngRichie:
I don't know what you use your vehicle for and why you want to upgrade but note that even the 2006 model is not a fuel economical car.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Use the vehicle to carry personal goods from ph to anambra twice a month..
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by weyreypey: 4:53am On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:

Use the vehicle to carry personal goods from ph to anambra twice a month..
The 2006 will do the needful. But I feel the 1999 might be stronger
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 6:02am On Aug 29, 2018
weyreypey:

The 2006 will do the needful. But I feel the 1999 might be stronger
Thanks bro. What could be the difference in maintenance ?
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by weyreypey: 6:03am On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:

Wait for Nurey he writes succinctly
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by EngRichie: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2018
cheesy grin

diportivo:
nurey,your attention is needed here

this guy above me is feeling sleepy and can't do pros and cons for now grin
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Readonee35L(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2018
EngRichie:

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
The op didnt mention anything about fuel economy.

Both the 99 -2018 Toyota sienna .
Non of them are gas guzzlers. This are cars that can be daily driven with ac on and you get a good gas mileage. Its not until you drive a Corolla without ac and move small distance that is economical. Bad things no good . make God no allow poverty master us.
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by EngRichie: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:

Yes, but marginal. For example, you use the expensive T IV ATF for 2006 model while you use dexron III for the 1999 model.

The 2006 is more powerful, handles better, has a very good turn radius relative to the 1999 model.

2006 has a 3.3L engine while 1999 has a 3.0L engine.

From my experience, 2006 is slightly more thirsty.

I still wish to remind you that if fuel economy will be a concern, don't go for the car but it is powerful, fun to drive, spacious, comfortable and reliable.

The advantage I see 1999 model have over 2006 is a dash fascia that last, but surely, there will be others.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2018
EngRichie:

Yes, but marginal. For example, you use the expensive T IV ATF for 2006 model while you use dexron III for the 1999 model.

The 2006 is more powerful, handles better, has a very good turn radius relative to the 1999 model.

I still wish to remind you that if fuel economy will be a concern, don't go for the car but it is powerful, fun to drive, spacious, comfortable and reliable.

The advantage I see 1999 model have over 2006 is a dash fascia that last, but surely, there will be others.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Thanks for your sincere advice
The T IV aft how much does it cost?
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2018
EngRichie:

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk

But the 2006 has a slightly better fuel economy than the 1999
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2018
EngRichie:

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk

The embolded is not true. 2006 sienna has better city and highway mpg than the 1999 model. Though maintenance might be higher on the long run because it requires more expensive fluid and has more electricals. But then when u consider it's a newer car especially if it's not Nigerian used. Then the equation will balance. I'll choose the newer sienna anyday.
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by EngRichie: 11:42am On Aug 29, 2018
I know, that's why I said "from my experience". Another person can have a different experience. I don't also drive the older one as hard as the 2006 generation because of handling...

greenhulk:

The embolded is not true. 2006 sienna has better city and highway mpg than the 1999 model. Though maintenance might be higher on the long run because it requires more expensive fluid and has more electricals. But then when u consider it's a newer car especially if it's not Nigerian used. Then the equation will balance. I'll choose the newer sienna anyday.
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by bravolad(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:
fam I drive a 1999 Toyota siena, car has been so great. but am tempted to upgrade to 2006 model of same car tho (naija used ). what are the prone on Con's of these model. asap advice needed

Get the 2006 model. It's an upgrade of the earlier model & offers better handling, improved mpg, smooth acceleration & driving dynamics.

It also offers bigger luggage compartment better ground clearance & rear window that can be wound down if your aircon is faulty.

It's advisable to get the AWD for better traction & acceleration especially when you are ferrying goods but with a slightly reduced mpg. One major negative is the melting dash fascia.
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thanks fam for the advice
Traveled all the way from ph to Enugu, was really disappointed pics can easily deceive.. all I can say is the car is total rubbish. Would stick to mine... na today I value and respect my car. Once again thanks for the advice . No need for the upgrade..
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:
Traveled all the way from ph to Enugu, was really disappointed pics can easily deceive.. all I can say is the car is total rubbish. Would stick to mine... na today I value and respect my car. Once again thanks for the advice . No need for the upgrade..

If what u are trying to say is that 2006 Sienna is rubbish compared to 1999 then my brother u must have traveled in a van that is in a bad condition. Even a ride in a Bentley will look like total rubbish compared to a 1999 camry if the Bentley is in a bad condition. There's no way the ride on a 1999 Sienna would be better than a 2006 model.
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Kewtt: 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
youngchopper:
Next time don't bother going to check out online goods if not close by to you
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by youngchopper(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
greenhulk:

If what u are trying to say is that 2006 Sienna is rubbish compared to 1999 then my brother u must have traveled in a van that is in a bad condition. Even a ride in a Bentley will look like total rubbish compared to a 1999 camry if the Bentley is in a bad condition. There's no way the ride on a 1999 Sienna would be better than a 2006 model.
Sorry bro it's a 2004 model and it's Naija used..
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Kewtt: 12:08am On Aug 30, 2018
youngchopper:

Sorry bro it's a 2004 model and it's Naija used..
Check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/4701958/firstbody-sienna-reg-2005-xle#70734319
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by thebigkendo(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2018
greenhulk:

You miss the gist, He travelled from PH to enugu to inspect a rubbish naija used 06 sienna... Not a general statement about 2006 siennas
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2018
thebigkendo:

You miss the gist, He travelled from PH to enugu to inspect a rubbish naija used 06 sienna... Not a general statement about 2006 siennas

Oh, I get it now. Thought he meant he traveled from PH to Enugu in an 06 Sienna. I can't imagine traveling 200km to inspect a Naija used car. If its not nearby I no dey go. 8 out of 10 advertised naija used cars up for sale have been seriously abused.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by thebigkendo(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Oh, I get it now. Thought he meant he traveled from PH to Enugu in an 06 Sienna. I can't imagine traveling 200km to inspect a Naija used car. If its not nearby I no dey go. 8 out of 10 advertised naija used cars up for sale have been seriously abused.

very true. Most Naija used cars for sale, owners are just trying to pass on their troubles to other unfortunate souls.
Now imagine a car that has been through two or three different naija owners grin grin grin
Re: Sincere Advice Needed Asap by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
Don't travel to see just one car. Waste of time and money. Have like five or six options in the city before travelling there.

(1) (Reply)

Deals on Scrapped/ Abandoned Cars for Butcher. / Peugeot 406 / Why Is The Nissan Frontier So Expensive And Difficult To Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.