Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,324 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

The Best Drug For Malaria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Best Drug For Malaria? (102500 Views)

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / What's The Best Drug For Aborting A Less Than A Month Pregnancy / A Cure For Malaria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Drug For Malaria? by ReachRich(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2009
Hi Medical Professionals in the house could u pls tell us the best Antimalaria drug in the Pharmacy? We have so many of them now that one is confused of which one to buy.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Bimbola26: 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
The best antmalarial drugs are the artemisinin combination therapy ones like coartem, lonart, fynale, arco, camoquin plus, farenax, co-arinate, artequin, and so much more. These are mainly used for treatment. You can use fansidar, metakelfin or chloroquine to prevent malaria.

The most important thing is to take the drugs the way it is meant to be taken and always let your pharmacist know if you react to any drug so that he/she does not give you one that complicates your matter.

Also try to take your antimalarial drug with paracetamol (2 tablets to be taken three times a day for 3 days) and when you have completed your antimalarial drug, take a multivitamin capsule and blood tonic everyday for at least 2 weeks. These really help you cope with any weakness you might feel afterwards.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by ReachRich(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2009
Bimbola are u saying that there are different drugs for preventing malaria and for treating malaria?
Can one use the preventive drug to treat malaria?
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by informat09(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2009
The best antmalarial drugs are the artemisinin combination therapy ones like coartem, lonart, fynale, arco, camoquin plus, farenax, co-arinate, artequin, and so much more. These are mainly used for treatment. You can use fansidar, metakelfin or chloroquine to prevent malaria.

RUBBISH these things would kill you, instead of taking these i'd advise you go alternative .

A simple but yet effective cure for malaria is Malaria treatment using Grapefruit.Grapefruit looks like an orange, bu its bigger

Grapefruit is one of the most effective home remedies for malaria. It should be taken daily. It contains a natural quinine-like substance which can be extracted from the fruit by boiling a quarter of a grapefruit and straining its pulp.

A friend of mine was down with malaria for 2 days and he took a lot of these drugs all to no avail, i gave him this simple remedy and he was okay in about 3 hours

2 Likes

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by pharmacist(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
THE BEST DRUG IS STILL CHLOROQUINE. there is resistance to the artemisin based drugs now

becos of drug abuse and misuse. i still prefer herbs but they take time to work but very effective
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by ReachRich(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
Recently some of these antimalaria drugs were banned by NAFDAC becos they contain only minute quantity of d active ingredient.Such drugs include Maloxine & Amalar.
Its like its now more effective to cure malaria with herbs.Since plasmodium falciparum (the parasite dat cause malaria) has developed strains that are resistant to some of these antimalaria drugs,is it now better to cure malaria with herbs?If yes,which particular herb or combinatn of herbs should be used to prevent and or treat malaria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Bimbola26: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
For all of you who are all advocating for herbs, i would like to let you know that artesunate and its other derivatives like artemether, dihydroartemisinin are gotten from the chinese herb called 'Artemisia annua'. Just because it is available in tablet form does not make it like other chemicals used to treat malaria. Royal jelly is from bees and available in tablets or capsules, does that make it not natural?

Some people have also been known to be resistant to chloroquine.

People are made differently because something does not work for a particular person does not mean that it is bad or doesn't work.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by sley4life(m): 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2009
agbo
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by davinchi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2009
I HAVE ACTUALLY TAKEN ALL THESE DRUGS YET I STILL HAVE MALARIA.I EVEN TOOK M & T CAPSULE BY YEMKEM STILL NO IMPROVEMENT.THE QUESTION IS WHICH DRUG IS THE MOST RELIABLE FOR RESISTANT STRAIN LIKE PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM?
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimalarial_drug

however, self medication can be dangerous. It also breeds resistance to drugs.

See a doctor and tell them what you just typed here.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Vuitton(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
I hear a combo of Artesunate and is wot works these days.

Is the grape fruit therapy really true, that would be swell as am prone to malaria as my genotype/blood is A+ / AA

Question: IS AA/A+ more susceptible to malaria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by drchucks: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
Avoid self medication at all cost.Always see a trained personnel
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by drharry: 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
well, i addition to all the various replies, iit should be noted that the reasons why antimalarials seem not to work in some individuals are;
1. wrong diagnosis. Not every "feverish symptom" is caused by malaria as some people think and so taking any antimalaria will not make any difference.
2. drug abuse. self medication is dangerous as it encourages resistance.

it is advisable to always see a medical personnel for evaluation before taking any drug.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Jaycee10(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
i'm really amazed cos i didnt know dat nairaland's health section are full many medical personals... Thanks to u all and kip d dough movin'

2 Likes

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by stigophobia: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
ReachRich:
Bimbola are u saying that there are different drugs for preventing malaria and for treating malaria?
Can one use the preventive drug to treat malaria?

U can't use prevention drug to treat malaria
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by MrKIZITO(m): 5:26am On May 13, 2015
View the complete list of drugs that cure malaria from here http://www.edumacro.com/malaria-treatment-prevention/
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by DocJoseph(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Use Artemether and lumefantrine tablets for 3days to cure malaria
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by drehdinho(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2016
DocJoseph:
Use Artemether and lumefantrine tablets for 3days to cure malaria
This is my third day of using this drug. I keep experiencing head ache, pains all over my body and body itching. I'm contemplating on putting a stop to the drug.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by dinesh1993(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2016

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by kokomilala(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
There's a stacking-combo of substances- to prevent it in the first place.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by vickers95(m): 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice thread
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by BloggerToheeb(m): 1:19am On Aug 02, 2016
P-ALAXIN IS THE BEST. GO FOR IT BRO
ReachRich:
Hi Medical Professionals in the house could u pls tell us the best Antimalaria drug in the Pharmacy? We have so many of them now that one is confused of which one to buy.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Baroba(m): 1:23am On Aug 02, 2016
The best med for malaria is the one prescribed for you by a trained physician who must have carried out blood test to diagnose what is wrong with ya..
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by cyberguy72(m): 5:12am On Aug 02, 2016
op go for yellow quinine its N10 a tablet,take 3times a day.Very effective
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by PharmaTimesng: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2016
Zeramal QS is the best Antimalaria you can ever think of.
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by babyt66: 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
Watsapp me on 08032493281

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
ReachRich:
Splina Liquid Chlorophyll made from white mulberry leaves profoundly found in West Asia. Helps balance acid-alkali levels in the body & purifies the blood.

Contact me on 08093048275.

Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by CallMeNJay: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
Good info
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by wilyparker(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
informat09:

RUBBISH these things would kill you, instead of taking these i'd advise you go alternative .

A simple but yet effective cure for malaria is Malaria treatment using Grapefruit.Grapefruit looks like an orange, bu its bigger

Grapefruit is one of the most effective home remedies for malaria. It should be taken daily. It contains a natural quinine-like substance which can be extracted from the fruit by boiling a quarter of a grapefruit and straining its pulp.

A friend of mine was down with malaria for 2 days and he took a lot of these drugs all to no avail, i gave him this simple remedy and he was okay in about 3 hours
please I don't understand explain it more please! I'm tired of these drugs
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by chidibond(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi Mods, let's relate this to today's brands.
What is the best OTC Malaria drug in Nigeria??

Lalasticlala
Re: The Best Drug For Malaria? by Jtmanager(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2018
chidibond:
Hi Mods, let's relate this to today's brands.
What is the best OTC Malaria drug in Nigeria??

Lalasticlala

P-ALAXIN

(1) (2) (Reply)

"50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / Throwback Photo Of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Over 50Million Globally / See The Rat That Causes Lassa Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.