Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation (866 Views)

How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / CBN Dep. Gov. Charges Graduating Students On Value Re-orientation / JAMB: 2016/2017 Jamb Cut Off Mark To Be Reduce To 170. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation by Ptoocool(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hmmmm, so far so good, the JAMB scores have been hearing are not encouraging at all. The scores to me sounds like seat and exam number.

074, 101, 105, 098. Imagine! When I heard the last score, I couldn't help but ask if it's the guy's seat number or JAMB scores. And these are peeps who want to study further in our tertiary institutions. Like serzly?? I mean scores which you cannot even use in securing admission into secondary schools.

Just yesterday on this platform, one was sharing the testimony of how God 'miraculously' help him get a 307. You need to see what this guy wrote not forgetting the fact that English Language is his 'best subject'. Dude murdered English.

The most disappointing thing is that these 'kids' can sing every Lil Kesh song by heart. Lyrics of this nature are like memory verse to them. Book? Mba!

Which way naija? Some are claiming their scores are error by JAMB. You'll hear stuffs like, "JAMB gave me 098, I know I deserve more than that. Whatever happened to those who scored 250 and above. Is it not the same JAMB computer that mark theirs? Maybe, just maybe WAEC/NECO officials help JAMB in marking sha (just saying).

We need change. No, we need transformation. No, no, no, we need re-orientation in this country. We need to enlighten the upcoming generation on the need to direct their energy on things that matters before anything else. Let the first things come first.

The society and indeed, our families also have a huge role to play in this regard. Parents must begin to live up to expectations and stop playing the ostrich in child-parentage knowing too well that our children, and indeed, our youths are the future of tomorrow.

This jet age, youth (negative) exuberance is at it peak, no thanks to technology. If we continue with the way things are with our youths then, I'll get no choice than to keep SMH-ing like have been doing since yesterday (neck don dey pain me self)

Source: my brain box

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation by firstking01(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Ptoocool:
Hmmmm, so far so good, the JAMB scores have been hearing are not encouraging at all. The scores to me sounds like seat and exam number.

074, 101, 105, 098. Imagine! When I heard the last score, I couldn't help but ask if it's the guy's seat number or JAMB scores. And these are peeps who want to study further in our tertiary institutions. Like serzly?? I mean scores which you cannot even use in securing admission into secondary schools.

Just yesterday on this platform, one was sharing the testimony of how God 'miraculously' help him get a 307. You need to see what this guy wrote not forgetting the fact that English Language is his 'best subject'. Dude murdered English.

The most disappointing thing is that these 'kids' can sing every Lil Kesh song by heart. Lyrics of this nature are like memory verse to them. Book? Mba!

Which way naija? Some are claiming their scores are error by JAMB. You'll hear stuffs like, "JAMB gave me 098, I know I deserve more than that. Whatever happened to those who scored 250 and above. Is it not the same JAMB computer that mark theirs? Maybe, just maybe WAEC/NECO officials help JAMB in marking sha (just saying).

We need change. No, we need transformation. No, no, no, we need re-orientation in this country. We need to enlighten the upcoming generation on the need to direct their energy on things that matters before anything else. Let the first things come first.

The society and indeed, our families also have a huge role to play in this regard. Parents must begin to live up to expectations and stop playing the ostrich in child-parentage knowing too well that our children, and indeed, our youths are the future of tomorrow.

This jet age, youth (negative) exuberance is at it peak, no thanks to technology. If we continue with the way things are with our youths then, I'll get no choice than to keep SMH-ing like have been doing since yesterday (neck don dey pain me self)

Source: my brain box
some of them are actually victimized...ok, wat of the one that complained that her system shut dwn during the exam and the jamb officials said they can't do nothing that the fault is from abuja?,,,she scored below 150 or so....

Generally i dnt blame most of the students who failed jamb...jamb is one external exam you really need God just like when you are writing your final courses, after your overnight jacking you still need fasting and prayers

1 Like

Re: JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation by kolawolepeters(m): 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
some of them are actually victimized...ok, wat of the one that complained that her system shut dwn during the exam and the jamb officials said they can't do nothing that the fault is from abuja?,,,she scored below 150 or so....

Generally i dnt blame most of the students who failed jamb...jamb is one external exam you really need God just like when you are writing your final courses, after your overnight jacking you still need fasting and prayers
are you saying every Jambites who got a low mark suffer a misfortune? Wake up and smell the coffee. Must we always blame someone for our inadequacy? So becos someone came to spoonfeed you with her system getting shutdown means everyone who failed MUST put the blame on jamb.

I think you need the re-orientation much more than the jambites.
Re: JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation by firstking01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
kolawolepeters:

are you saying every Jambites who got a low mark suffer a misfortune? Wake up and smell the coffee. Must we always blame someone for our inadequacy? So becos someone came to spoonfeed you with her system getting shutdown means everyone who failed MUST put the blame on jamb.

I think you need the re-orientation much more than the jambites.
i said "MOST" naw habaundecided..we all passed through jamb, so i know what i'm talking about.
Re: JAMB 2016: Our Youths Need Re-orientation by kolawolepeters(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
i said "MOST" naw habaundecided..we all passed through jamb, so i know what i'm talking about.
so jamb don turn fire or water that you pass through, shey? see, we shouldn't make excuses for these kids, they are the future generation for crying out loud. Some things need to be corrected and it starts with you and I. Instead of supporting the 'silly' excuses, why can't we pickpoint two to three other jambites who 'passed through jamb' and came out in flying colours?

(1) (Reply)

I Promise To Buy My 7 Year Old Kid Iphone If He Makes 9as And He Made It / SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FOR 2016 PTDF OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP (MUST READ) / Do You Miss Your Days In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.