Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. (772 Views)

How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker / Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari / Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by AltarBoy1: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
I recently got a job in one of the leading banks in Nigeria as a cash and teller officer. Am to resume at my branch by Monday next week.

Now, after I told some of my friends and relations abt it, they were like as a C&T, that I can't escape not running into shortages which I have to pay from my account. So am just wondering, what is the best way to avoid it. Even a friend that is working in diamond Bank told me same thing.

Plz, I really need advice from experience hand. I dont want to mk such mistake for the time frame that I won't to be in this bank. Plz is there any way to maintain a clean record on this.
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by AltarBoy1: 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
I can vividly remember a thread that was opened by a lady, saying that her in law that works with an MFB had a shortage of about 50k. All these have got me thinking out loud.
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
With God all things are possible.

If someone could graduate with 5.0 GP in unilag. You could also work without any shortage or overage. Put God first in every thing you do and stop living in fear.
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by BeClever: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2016
AltarBoy1:
I recently got a job in one of the leading banks in Nigeria as a cash and teller officer. Am to resume at my branch by Monday next week.

Now, after I told some of my friends and relations abt it, they were like as a C&T, that I can't escape not running into shortages which I have to pay from my account. So am just wondering, what is the best way to avoid it. Even a friend that is working in diamond Bank told me same thing.

Plz, I really need advice from experience hand. I dont want to mk such mistake for the time frame that I won't to be in this bank. Plz is there any way to maintain a clean record on this.

See, I don't want to say who I am here again before someone take it as an offence..

Go to work and resume ur duties..

But I can assure you that they won't just ask you to start counting immediately u resume..

They have to put u together with someone who will put you through on the things you are expected to be doing.

So for one week or so you shall work directly under an experience persons supervision.

So don't worry, they won't even allow you to make any mistakes..as you won't be left alone until they are sure you understand what you are to do.

OK?
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by Vince77(m): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
BeClever:

See, I don't want to say who I am here again before someone take it as an offence..

But I can assure you that they won't just ask you to start counting immediately u resume..

They have to put u together with someone who will put you through on the things you are expected to be doing.

So for one week or so you shall work directly under an experience persons supervision.

So don't worry, they won't even allow you to make any mistakes..as you won't be left alone until they are sure you understand what you are to do.

OK?
thats right. My Bro had this office before. They run into shortages sometimes and then trace the money back and recover it. Every job comes with its own risks. Just concentrate on ur job. Goodluck.
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by AltarBoy1: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
BeClever:

OK?

Ok... Thanks a lot....
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by AltarBoy1: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2016
Finally, I have resumed. My first day at work was interesting. Maybe its cos am new. I do hope it continues this way.
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by calmbabadee(m): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
AltarBoy1:

Pally,

Don't let no one poison your mind about a job you are yet to start.

Every job has it's own risks inherent.

Just be diligent in whatever you do and avoid distractions.

I was a cash officer for 8 years and i never paid a dime for personal shortage except for a few distracted subordinates whom i did not want to be thrown back into the unemployment jungle
Re: Banker!!! Please, I Need Your Advice. by AltarBoy1: 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
calmbabadee:

Pally,

Don't let no one poison your mind about a job you are yet to start.

Every job has it's own risks inherent.

Just be diligent in whatever you do and avoid distractions.

I was a cash officer for 8 years and i never paid a dime for personal shortage except for a few distracted subordinates whom i did not want to be thrown back into the unemployment jungle
Wow!!! Thanks a lot for your response.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Lawmakers Rejects $1m Bribe, To Sack Gov Fayose / How It Feels To Be An APC/PMB Supporter / Photo: Trailer Crushes Student To Death In Gboko, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.