Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker (16809 Views)

How Saraki Saved Buhari From Impeachment Call - Video / How Saraki Arranged Recent Meeting With Buhari Over Health Status’ / Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Buyeradvertcom: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
The Head of the Funds Transfer Unit of the Guaranty Trust Bank, Mr. Amazi Nwachuckwu, appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Tuesday, giving details of how the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, funded his offshore accounts between 2009 and and 2012.

Nwachukwu, who had within the period served at the Central Clearing and Foreign Operations Units of the bank, appeared before the CCT as the second prosecution witness in the ongoing trial of Saraki on charges bordering on asset declaration.

Saraki was the governor of Kwara State between 2003 and 2011 after which he was elected to the Senate.

The prosecution had alleged that the Senate President did not declare the foreign accounts to the Code of Conduct Bureau while being governor and a Senator during the period.

While being led in evidence by the lead prosecuting counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), he said the Senate President transferred funds to his foreign accounts between 2009 and 2012.

The witness confirmed that Saraki was keeping dollar, pounds sterling and naira accounts domiciled in the Ilorin, Kwara State branch of the GTB.

He said Saraki transferred over $3m from his dollar account to his foreign account during the period.

He also said Saraki transferred the sum of $73,223.28 to America Express Services Euro Limited, New York, through their bank, America Express Bank, New York.

He said, “Dr. Saraki filled the form in Kwara State Government House, Ilorin.

“He gave instruction to transfer the sum of $73,223.28 to the beneficiary America Express Services Euro Limited, New York, through their bank, America Express Bank, New York to account number 730580 maintained by America Express Service Euro Limited.

“The purpose of payment was funding for amounts utilised on AMEX (American Express) cards issued to the customer (dollar credit card no. 374588216836009).

“For his dollar account number 441/441953/2/1/0, the customer signed the fund transfer form. The form was received from the account officer in Ilorin branch. We then processed it and transferred it to our corresponding bank abroad.

“The corresponding bank then transferred it America Express Bank Limited.”

He said the transfer was for the “funding for amount utilised on the payment cards issued to Saraki.”

He said the former Kwara State Governor transferred the total sum of £1,526,194.53 from his pounds sterling account to his Fortis Bank, London account in three instalments within two days on February 15 and 16, 2010.

He also said the GTB also offered a N375m loan to Saraki through a letter dated February 10, 2010.

According to the witness, Saraki instructed GTB to transfer the pounds sterling equivalent of the loan to fund mortage on a London property.
He said, “In Exhibit 7 is a letter dated February 10, 2010.

In the 14th out of the 16 counts preferred against the Senate President, Saraki was said to have failed to declare his interest in “an American Express Service Card with No: 374588216836009 wherein you (Saraki) transferred huges sums of money in dollars from your Guaranty Trust Bank domiciliary account No441441953210 in Nigeria to the American Express Service, Europe, whilst you Executive Governor of Kwara State.”

The offence is said to be contrary to section 15 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, CAP. C15, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and as incorporated under paragraph 11(1) and (2), Part I o the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution.

It is said to be punishable under section 23(2) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act as incorporated under paragraph 18, Part I of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution.

http://punchng.com/saraki-funded-undeclared-foreign-accounts-banker/

3 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by aydought: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
When are we going to have impeccable leaders that are not hunted by the past in this country? Lord have Mercy!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by kelvyn7: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2017
shocked ONLY GOD CAN HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY cry

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by sarrki(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
I know that guy is a criminal

A serious one for that matter

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Toosure70: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Wrong country
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by amiibaby(f): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ok
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Blurryface(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Martinola(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
i am honestly not a bit suprised by dis, our leaders are heartless, dey are selfish and very unforthcoming. u can imagine in a country of over 170 million pipul, a 21st century politician is still bent on fraudulent practices and making sure der voters acquire every ounce of regret for voting dem in. Our leaders are really not worth ruling an animal kindom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
And he still refuses to resign?

3 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

What Saraki has, Saraki keeps...

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by leo1234(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
APC saint grin grin grin ;
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by iwrestledabear: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
HMMM

Glad to see this
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Visman(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
This APshit led government of hypocrisy, they witch-hunt you once you are not on their side....
Meanwhile.....
I am one of the

3 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Adegokenath(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
NO AMOUNT OF ACCUSATION SARAKI WILL BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Africanpoint(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
who is behind boko haram exposed...
www.africanpoint.tk
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by wellmax(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is evidence from his former banker before some will come shouting witch hunting. The earlier you recognize these guys as our real enemies, the better.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by DIKEnaWAR: 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Saraki has gone past this level.

What is occupying his mind now is how to betray Atiku and beat Buhari and El Rufai to their game, to emerge the APC Presidential flagbearer in 2019. That is the big picture for him. That is the real pie for him.

2 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Praktikals(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Omo see money shocked

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by verygudbadguy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
When are they gonna conclude this Saraki case sef. The guy don dey near 4 years as the Senate Presido yet, court cases full hin head like LAPALAPA..

I tire for our Judiciary o...

9 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by iwrestledabear: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
verygudbadguy:
When are they gonna conclude this Saraki case sef. The guy don dey near 4 years as the Senate Presido yet, court cases full hin head like LAPALAPA..

I tire for our Judiciary o...

grin
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by joenor(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Men when get heart.
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Decorated thief's in high places

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by SweetJoystick(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Saraki na MMM grin
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Abeyjide: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
I see ekweremadu as next sp anytime soon.
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Super1Star: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
Just wait for Saraki Fans Club to arrive - the Sons of Hatred known as Ojukwus and Osus.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by tamsel(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
oh Why this time!
Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:
I know that guy is a criminal

A serious one for that matter

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by mainman7(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
angry The mod was lucky to have unbanned me. I'm back, so watch out for the Truth that would soon replace this post. It time for our enemy to pay the ultimate Price. Check my profile and get to know us. We are ever Better than the best, but when need be, lethal than the worst.

2 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by mayoor15(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Adegokenath:
NO AMOUNT OF ACCUSATION SARAKI WILL BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
No way, don't know how someone sensible will talk this way with all this allegations against him, and if you think they are lies, my humble prayer is that God runs your life the way the sarakis have ran Kwara and the way that stupid bukola is still running kwara through his puppet maigida

3 Likes

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by peteken: 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
I c

Re: How Saraki Funded Undeclared Foreign Accounts – Banker by biggerboyc(m): 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Attends His First Ever Governors Forum Meeting(pics) / BREAKING!! Onnoghen: Rivers State Lawyers Protest In Portharcourt (Photos) / Governor Oyetola Signs Amotekun Bill, Asks Osun Residents To Adhere To Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.