Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) (53672 Views)

Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him / Stephen Keshi, Sam Okwaraji And Peter Rufai (Throwback Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo, Peter Rufai In Bauchi For Novelty Match.Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by Funjosh(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2016
He still look cute cool
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by miqos02(m): 10:14am On Mar 03, 2016
ok
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by Bgorgeous: 10:14am On Mar 03, 2016
Ever young grin
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by brytee: 10:15am On Mar 03, 2016
The era when players played with their true age....how wudnt he look this gud?
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by tempex88(m): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2016
e dey work for Airtel... I don see am there wella
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by happney65: 10:15am On Mar 03, 2016
goldfish80:
This guy cost us big time in France 98. I couldnt sleep for days after watching Ebbie Sand, and gang take turns to put the ball through his legs in the 4.1 drubbing at the Stade de France.
He embarrassed himself and let the Country down big time.
I will choose Vincente everyday of the week

Especially that Sand Guy that came from the Bench and scored..Omo i still dey remember how it all happened..Too Bad..Had Nightmares
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by MissSlimbody(f): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2016
iamrealdeji:
Is he the one on the left or right?
You can't recognize him shocked
I don't want to believe you're indomie generation.

He's the one on the left.
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by PeinDanzo(m): 10:17am On Mar 03, 2016
cruzita:
still looks good ,our great keeper

Am sorry, but don't u have a jamb to prepare for, IPOB teenager with anger issues sad
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by henrydadon(m): 10:17am On Mar 03, 2016
he look good
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by MadCow1: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2016
goldfish80:
This guy cost us big time in France 98. I couldnt sleep for days after watching Ebbie Sand, and gang take turns to put the ball through his legs in the 4.1 drubbing at the Stade de France.

That game was fhucked from the start..

Sand had just come in from the bench, a through ball met him and he dribbled Taribo West with his head and was through on goal.. Rufai couldnt be blamed for that. It was a 1 on 1 situation.

The team was just remarkably poor in france.

That Denmark game was just a bad day out. Sort of like the Brazillians against the Germans.

But in my books.. Its: Peter Rufia, Enyeama and Joseph Dosu (Sadly, that accident killed his carrier).

4 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by deolu2000(m): 10:21am On Mar 03, 2016
Great goal keeper he was, i won't forget the numerous tungba (rebounds) that he gave away back then. Nice goolie he was then and all the kids on the streets wanted to be peter rufai.
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by Kazrem(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2016
Dodo mayana
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by enigma2007(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2016
goldfish80:

No bi only you oo! I still get feverish anytime i remember the way the goals were entering his toros! shocked
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by queencalipso(f): 10:23am On Mar 03, 2016
pls which one of them is peter rufai?
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by blazetitov: 10:23am On Mar 03, 2016
Roidatom:
Enyeama is better than Rufai in goal keeping.
No, Rufai is faaar better.
undecided
Click LIKE if you're for Enyeama
Click SHARE if you're for Rufai

Sorry, i mistakenly clicked quote! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by enigma2007(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2016
deolu2000:
Great goal keeper he was, i won't forget the numerous tungba (rebounds) that he gave away back then. Nice goolie he was then and all the kids on the streets wanted to be peter rufai.

hahahaha! If you wanna score naija, just fire a thunderous shot and position your striker(s) to just tap in..hehehe
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by suteco16: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2016
LastMumu:

I think say na only me the thing dey affect. Despite how good Rufai was for us, he really messed up in France 98. angry
His biggest problem then was parrying shots into dangerous areas which obviously allowed our opponent strikers easy tap-ins

Blame! Blame!! Blame!!! Appreciate what you have!
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by sarutobie(m): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Last2comment:
Rufai vs Enyeama. Who is better
Enyama ofcourse ..he has equalled and surpassed rufai's records..both with personal and team achievements..plus he has a more modern goalkeeping technique..
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by efilefun(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2016
goldfish80:
couldnt eat dinner that day, okocha self con dey dribble anyhow, dey smile when ever e lose ball like say na set dem dey play...lol, Rufai later complained of eyes prob after the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by efilefun(m): 10:28am On Mar 03, 2016
shrimati:
Actually he was not meant to be @ the d world cup cos, he was called back from retirement when Ike Shorounmu broke his ankle against Netherlands or so in a friendly match prior to the world cup. He was past his peak at that time and Nigeria was affected
a great deal.
He even complained of eyes prob after that Raul goal against Spain
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by deolu2000(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2016
enigma2007:

hahahaha! If you wanna score naija, just fire a thunderous shot and position your striker(s) to just tap in..hehehe
my brother, i don't look forward to long range shots back then because i knew the inevitable tungba will happen.
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by alorax2(f): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2016
Peter rufai is dodo mayana, amokachi is amotaxi, kanu nwankwo papilo, inshort all of dem get nick name. Peter rufai still looking gud
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by olaskul(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2016
He wares no 10 for nigeria during his days... he was a midfielder. Nonsense kiss

ILoveMakonen:
It's not rufai......in my area d kids call him "RUFRY" which i think sound like d original. Lol (in DRcraze's voice) hehehe ehh which position did he play fr nigeria.....?
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by efilefun(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2016
MadCow1:

That game was fhucked from the start..

Sand had just come in from the bench, a through ball met him and he dribbled Taribo West with his head and was through on goal.. Rufai couldnt be blamed for that. It was a 1 on 1 situation.

The team was just remarkably poor in france.

That Denmark game was just a bad day out. Sort of like the Brazillians against the Germans.

But in my books.. Its: Peter Rufia, Enyeama and Joseph Dosu (Sadly, that accident killed his carrier).
Dosu would have been at France 98 if not for that career ending accident. Baruwa would have been manageable at the post instead of almost "blind" Rufai
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by Mars88(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2016
shrimati:
Actually he was not meant to be @ the d world cup cos, he was called back from retirement when Ike Shorounmu broke his ankle against Netherlands or so in a friendly match prior to the world cup. He was past his peak at that time and Nigeria was affected
a great deal.

he maneuvered his way to the team and Joseph Dosu or so had that terrible accident and couldn't make it to France.
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by ugotuf(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2016
iamrealdeji:
Is he the one on the left or right?

shocked shocked

Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by ascapella(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2016
DODO MAYANA!!!!!!!!!
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by dacovajnr: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Dodo Mayana the Tungba Master grin..France Wey put Sand for inside him garri for France 98..Great Goalkeeper but Enyeama Remain the Greatest Goalkeeper Nigeria ever produced #Respect
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by opey112(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2016
Last2comment:
Rufai vs Enyeama. Who is better
the difference is clear haba!
Re: Peter Rufai's New Look (Photo) by lexyman(m): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2016
Funny enough he still keep his old hairstyle similar to the back and front . A very good goal keeper .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Karim Benzema Flaunts His N975m Bugatti Chiron / Ex-super Falcon Star, Chichi Igbo Shows Off Her Underpants And Abs (Photo) / Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.