Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths (1658 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Throwback Photo Of Senator Ben Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 1:07am On Mar 03, 2016
Senator Ben-Murray Bruce has penned down an open letter to the youths of Nigeria, Read Below:

Youths of Nigeria, I want to communicate with you today. I noticed that there are too many divisions amongst our youths and as a stakeholder in Nigeria and parent of Nigerian children, I believe I ought to intervene.

Youths, do not make the mistakes my generation made. Do not see yourselves through tribal and religious lens. My generation of Nigerians did that and look where it has led us. You must do better.

It is foolish for any youth to fight another youth over APC or PDP. Let me ask you, what is the difference between the APC and the PDP? Half of the members of the APC are former PDP members and vice versa.

Let me ask you youths a question: Do the APC and the PDP fight over you as you fight over them? How many ministers have they given you? How many ambassadors have they given you? How many heads of parastatals have they given you? That’s right, the answer is ZERO!

So resist the desire of vested interests to control you and use you to fight other youths on social media and in real life.

What youths do not realize is that you are victims of divide and conquer. You make up 60% of the population yet account for 0% of the federal cabinet!

Your price should be more than a plate of rice and a handshake. Work together not against each other! Come on Nigerian youths, be smart!

If you think after you have been used to fight each other these vested interests will hand power to you, think again. Their kids who are abroad will do same to your kids!

It is time to end the hate and come together for Nigeria’s good. Long after we are gone, you will be around. So learn to get along.

As I have said and I will keep saying, the youths are the leaders of today if only they will resist being used by vested interests.

How old is Trudeau, the Canadian PM. He was 43 when he became PM. You can be much more than a thug or Twitter overlord. You can be like Trudeau’s.

My name is Ben Murray Bruce and I not only want to make commonsense, I also believe in the Nigerian youth.

http://www.042express.com/2016/03/dont-make-mistakes-my-generation-made.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 1:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Making common sense!
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by lekjons(m): 5:21am On Mar 03, 2016
IPOB youths where una dey?
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by yhemsy62(m): 5:22am On Mar 03, 2016
This man just make common sense, and for Nigeria youth we still have a long way to go
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by chriskosherbal(m): 5:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Indeed the letter was well timed.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by mrvitalis(m): 5:30am On Mar 03, 2016
This man is the definition of hypocrisy, and how much freedom has he allowed to his own children this man is 66 n yet haven't handed over to his son or daughter
I hate people who can't do what they say
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Flexherbal(m): 5:57am On Mar 03, 2016
Common sense in use here!
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by ProfSamurai(m): 6:21am On Mar 03, 2016
E - warriors come and hear oooo. Mr common sense don talk again oooo. And this time he made common sense.

We should be fighting for the breaking down of barriers among tribes, but here we are putting up WALLs.
Are we DONALD F*CKING TRUMP?
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by ProfSamurai(m): 6:24am On Mar 03, 2016
mrvitalis:
This man is the definition of hypocrisy, and how much freedom has he allowed to his own children this man is 66 n yet haven't handed over to his son or daughter

Hey mister grin, take the message leave the messenger.
From his write up, his generation failed and he doesn't want us to go the same way...

We mustn't make all the mistakes by ourselves before we learn. Wisdom is the rightful application of knowledge wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by mrvitalis(m): 7:07am On Mar 03, 2016
ProfSamurai:

Hey mister grin, take the message leave the messenger.
From his write up, his generation failed and he doesn't want us to go the same way...

We mustn't make all the mistakes by ourselves before we learn. Wisdom is the rightful application of knowledge wink
And what has he done to make sure we don't fail
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by ProfSamurai(m): 7:20am On Mar 03, 2016
mrvitalis:

By showing you how they failed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by mrvitalis(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2016
ProfSamurai:

By showing you how they failed
That's not enough
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Vikkie14: 7:28am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
Common sense is not common afterall.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Vikkie14: 7:28am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
Common sense is not common afterall.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Vikkie14: 7:30am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
Is the advise for IPOB or for all youths in the country? It always pains me when one expect to find wisdom but instead meet stu.pidity.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by NobleAngell(f): 7:36am On Mar 03, 2016
Uncle Bruce u just want to make common sense. Haven't seen you making an actual impact in the society except ofcourse twitter society.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by lawrsmith(m): 7:38am On Mar 03, 2016
nairagossip1:
Senator Ben-Murray Bruce has penned down an open letter to the youths of Nigeria, Read Below:

Let me ask you youths a question: Do the APC and the PDP fight over you as you fight over them? How many ministers have they given you? How many ambassadors have they given you? How many heads of parastatals have they given you? That’s right, the answer is ZERO!

If you think after you have been used to fight each other these vested interests will hand power to you, think again. Their kids who are abroad will do same to your kids!

It is time to end the hate and come together for Nigeria’s good. Long after we are gone, you will be around. So learn to get along.

As I have said and I will keep saying, the youths are the leaders of today if only they will resist being used by vested interests.

How old is Trudeau, the Canadian PM. He was 43 when he became PM. You can be much more than a thug or Twitter overlord. You can be like Trudeau’s.

My name is Ben Murray Bruce and I not only want to make commonsense, I also believe in the Nigerian youth.

http://www.042express.com/2016/03/dont-make-mistakes-my-generation-made.html
Mr. Ben who are they? are you not one of them. what do you mean by Nigeria politicians? Mr. Ben let me ask you.where is your own kids? stop wasting your time because you are not different. only what I see here is a man with bigger political ambition who is trying all his best to win the heart of Nigeria youth for his selfish political ambition in the future period.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 7:40am On Mar 03, 2016
lawrsmith:
Mr. Ben who are they? are you not one of them. what do you mean by Nigeria politicians? Mr. Ben let me ask you.where is your own kids? stop wasting your time because you are not different. only what I see here is a man with bigger political ambition who is trying all his best to win the heart of Nigeria youth for his selfish political ambition in the future period.

Lol
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by x12345678x: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2016
mrvitalis:
And dats all u got from the write-up?, shocking unbelievably shocking!!!
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by overhypedsteve(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2016
mrvitalis:

what can anybody do to make sure you don't fail? You get sen5e at all. What can even your father do to make sure you don't fail. Na this kind mum.u person dem prepare letter for but him dun read d letter over and over again e never still embrace sense.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by joseph1832(m): 7:49am On Mar 03, 2016
Awesomely said Sen. Bruce. But I'll tell you that the disease of tribalism and religious bigotry/extremism has eaten deep into the mind of not just the adult, but the youth as well.

I believe you know how many nigerians add tribal and religious sentiment into everything they do.

Our country Nigeria has morphed into "survival of the fittest" the clear state of nature, "homo homini lupus est" where man is wolf to his fellow man, that's why every and anybody always want to grab what they can when the opportunity present itself.

The ruse of divide and conquer as planted by our political class is well played that's why its working and it will continue to work when people like you, yes Sen. Bruce, when people like you, who know better refuse to speak against it.

The dirty politics played by your party in the last presidential election goes to show just how desperate people are in Nigeria, so Sen. Bruce, it begins with you. Let's hear you condemn the way our leaders rule over us, instead of hearing you scold the youths. After all, "the way a child is trained, is the way he/she will behave".
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Vulu: 8:24am On Mar 03, 2016
Can muslim hausa-fulani youth join hands with others to criticize a tyrannical government if their brother is the tyrannical goon in power?
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 8:37am On Mar 03, 2016
buh then our Modes where una dey?
Dis post deserves Front page na
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2016
NobleAngell:
Uncle Bruce u just want to make common sense. Haven't seen you making an actual impact in the society except ofcourse twitter society.

He's got over 2000 employees. Now calculate the multiplier effect of that.

What's even the name of the one representing YOUR constituency? What's been his contribution before politics?

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2016
dearpreye:

What's even the name of the one representing YOUR constituency? What's been his contribution before politics?

hmmmm
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2016
nairagossip1:

hmmmm

Why Hmmm?
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by joseph1832(m): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2016
dearpreye:

Tinubu, IBB, OBJ also have employees. So what's the big deal about this?

1 Like

Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by otitokoroleti: 9:18am On Mar 03, 2016
lekjons:
smh
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by nairagossip1: 9:53am On Mar 03, 2016
otitokoroleti:
smh

hmmmm
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by babyfaceafrica: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2016
Hypocritical twitter sinator.....practise what you preach sir!!
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by hesiod: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2016
A call for Nigerian youths to pick arms as revolutionaries. but then, the youths are too short sighted to think beyond 4years.

Until the streets of Nigeria flows with the blood of all her elites cut across religious, tribal, economic, political, academics and professional fields, the youths are owned and bound in chains for atleast the next 100 years.

The youths of Nigeria has three options :

Escape the country and plan your family and old age in a country that works

Fight as revolutionaries or

Sit back and enjoy the sufferings with smiles and pray you don't make hell at the end of your Nigeria existence cos it will be double tragedy.
Re: Senator Ben-murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian Youths by hesiod: 10:04am On Mar 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Awesomely said Sen. Bruce. But I'll tell you that the disease of tribalism and religious bigotry/extremism has eaten deep into the mind of not just the adult, but the youth as well.

I believe you know how many nigerians add tribal and religious sentiment into everything they do.

Our country Nigeria has morphed into "survival of the fittest" the clear state of nature, "homo homini lupus est" where man is wolf to his fellow man, that's why every and anybody always want to grab what they can when the opportunity present itself.

The ruse of divide and conquer as planted by our political class is well played that's why its working and it will continue to work when people like you, yes Sen. Bruce, when people like you, who know better refuse to speak against it.

The dirty politics played by your party in the last presidential election goes to show just how desperate people are in Nigeria, so Sen. Bruce, it begins with you. Let's hear you condemn the way our leaders rule over us, instead of hearing you scold the youths. After all, "the way a child is trained, is the way he/she will behave".
it would be heartwarming to see you,firefire, phockphockman and demdem fighting on same side as revolutionaries to rescue Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godson Nnaka The Notorious Legal Robber Had Put To Shame In Us Court! / Hello Northerners How Are U Enjoying Ur President? / AMBODE, See What Your BRT Bus Driver Did To Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.