Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ese The Scapegoat In Distress - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ese The Scapegoat In Distress (485 Views)

A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) / Heritage Bank Not In Distress, As Mgt Explains Why Geonel’s Accounts Can’t Be Ho / Picture Of Yinusa Yellow , ESE Abductor.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ese The Scapegoat In Distress by Orokita(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
ESE: THE UNFORTUNATE SCAPEGOAT IN DISTRESS
The level of religious and ethnic intolerance in Nigeria is mind boggling...... Inasmuch as the alleged kidnapping of ESE goes, I think there are fundamental issues that have perhaps been neglected becos of anger and misinformation... Let me start by saying that I don't subscribe to the "kidnapping and rape" that has been perpetrated on ESE, but I wud like to tow a different line to wat people are saying
#1. Information is essential; we have heard a whole lot about wat transpired but information trickling in (via social media) has it that yinusa stayed with ESE's father upward ten years..... A new twist in the tale. An assertion if true wud mean that perhaps they had that relationship under ese's father and mother's watch. And that wud mean he did not appear from the blue to "kidnap" ESE.

#2. ESE appears to be a child with serious issues(her recent pictures are worrisome). The parent of ESE to me have a case to answer as well....

#3. The need for Sex Education; we live in a society who gladly buy toy guns and swords for kids and hope they don't grow up to use them but shy away from sex education which every child will grow up to do. Its the root of these issue cos if ESE's parent had taught her well about the ills of child sex and pregnancy this issue wudnt have degenerated to this point.
#4. We need to stop this culture of ours where we talk about things and two weeks later we have totally forgotten about it and they come back to haunt us. A serving governor married a minor and up till today nothing was done......i dare say its going to be the same with this case.
#5. In ese's case our constitution is again being questioned. Why must we have two parallel constitution in a country and expect things to fall in line. As far as the muslims in the north have the sharia law, and the law permit things the Nigerian constitution abhors then things will continue to fall apart.
Can we sincerely deny that the anger being exhibited has nothing to do with religious sentiments? Becos we have xtian kids/minors that have eloped and gotten pragnant for older xtian men. And I have served in sokoto where i saw xtian brothers having canal knowledge of 13 yr old girls. Their plight never made headline news! We need to tell ourselves the bitter truth if we are to coexist in this country. the kaleidoscope has to be on all facets of child molestation/trafficking and not on ethnics lines. ESE may well have been brainwashed to say or act the way she is acting but fact remains she eloped and was not kidnapped, she is pregnant and she is a minor! We need to dig deep to scuttle this dilemma or ESE with the pyscological trauma that will follow this epistle would just be another scapegoat in this inter-religious brouhaha

(1) (Reply)

Atheist's Day Is Now Made Official Public Holiday / Tanzania President Genuie Fight Againts Corruption Step In To Crush Piracy / Politics Of Intellectualism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.