Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. (1224 Views)

Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money / MY Dealings With Nairalander / Engage Us To Recover Excess Charges On Your Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by chiefkpokp(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
I decided to write firstbank and include consumer protection department as CC, to express my displeasure....here is response.

Jan-Feb-2016 SMS Alert Charge of N500, And
Other related Issues
TUGGAR,IBRAHIM A. - 9:32 am
to osamediasolutions, AMUHAMMAD, AMNATA'ALA,
COBISIKE-OJI
Good day,
We refer to our circular dated August 16, 2011 as
amended and forward herewith a fresh petition
received by the Consumer Protection Department of
the CBN.
You are hereby requested to investigate and resolve
the issues raised in the attached within two weeks
and report the outcome in your Consumer
Complaints Monthly Returns for the month of March
You are also requested to inform the Director,
Consumer Protection Department of the outcome of
your investigation/resolution on or before 18th
March, 2016.
Regards,
Ibrahim A. Tuggar
Complaints Management Division
Consumer Protection Department
Central Bank of Nigeria

[mailto: osamediasolutions@gmail.com]<mailto:
[mailto:osamediasolutions@gmail.com]>
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:22 AM
To: Firstcontact
Cc: CPD Complaints
Subject: Jan-Feb-2016 SMS Alert Charge of N500, And
Other related Issues
Good day Sir/Madam, Compliment of the season, its
with great displeasure on how your bank have been
debiting my account any how. I deposited N7000 on
the 26th Febuary 2016, I logon to my online banking
to check my account balance, i was shock to see that
N500 was debited from my account, On checking the
description of the transaction, I noticed its was
charges for SMS alerts. One will wonder if SMS
charges from January to February when i did at lease
30 transactions could amount to N500, Also you
people are charging me for sms alert, services your
bank are not giving me, for example, for over a year
now, I have not been receiving any sms on my mobile
phone from First Bank, I had to source for CBN for
help for them to intervene in this extra exorbitant
charges. also i have decided to copy cbn complaint
email because each time i made complain to first
bank about any transaction, i dont get feedback. also
i am using this opportunity to report an issue which
was clear to me and i made complaint, till date no
one reply my enquiry about this transactions on date
4/2/2016 with description: Visa Prepaid Issuance
Cost, I was charged N1500, This money was taking from my
account double times, because the first time i went i
applied for the visa card, i was told that open
issuance, they would debit my account of N1500, and
the bank staff then demanded i funds my account so
that for the N1500 to be taking off, which they did
debited me, So checking again after many many
months if not Years. The First bank now Debited me
again. Please i want intervention please. this is not
all, A lot of charges i don't understand, I have
account on other bank too, and i understand
perfectly when they charged me for some service,
But First bank will Just be taking money any how with
different description.
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
I just witnessed one with my dad when ECOBANK deducted 10000 naira from his account without concrete reasons, i was forced to ask myself some questions that has it becomes a crime to save money in the bank, OR is the economy of the nation so bad than for the bank/government to bring to deduct from their customer hard earn money. I hope proper investigation should be done to stop this cheating
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
At the end of the accounting year, Nigerian banks will post profits in billions. I hope you all understand the lazy mode of make profit.

We need to stop this totally. How much is text messages that they charge so much for same.

Do they buy oil and filter to service bank account to charge so much for same grin

Cashless economy and yet they charge so much to transfer money to other banks.

65 Naira Bank charges after 3 usage of other bank's ATM

ETC.

They claim all the monies go to the government but I don't believe.
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
This complaint ain't genuine, visa prepaid for 1500? C'mon! As for the sms debit pls note that the bank does not run a telecommunication company undecided telco's will be contacted for swift investigation n reversal iif sms was not delivered. Issue could also be traceable to ur end.

Lastly sir, you might wanna resend ur mail to firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com n also visit a branch to fill complaint form.
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by chiefkpokp(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
don't worry dear, the cbn has taking over my small case, i have been receiving different message both from cbn, and firstbank, They should investigate the matter, my own is just to send my complaint to cbn, thats the best way to go..... going to the bank to make complain you are waisting your time.....
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by ayodiya: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
chiefkpokp:
don't worry dear, the cbn has taking over my small case, i have been receiving different message both from cbn, and firstbank, They should investigate the matter, my own is just to send my complaint to cbn, thats the best way to go..... going to the bank to make complain you are waisting your time.....
Please drop the email for the CBN customer complaints First bank just debited me N100 and vat of N5 for "MONTHLY FEE"
Re: My Dealings With Firstbank Over Excess Charges. by chiefkpokp(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2016
ayodiya:
Please drop the email for the CBN customer complaints First bank just debited me N100 and vat of N5 for "MONTHLY FEE"

Take ham! cpd@cbn.gov.ng as you are writting to firstbank, include cbn as cc, and at the end of the day,ask the firstbank to copy cbn when replying to you. The case will get hotter for them. Everyday naim u go dey receive calls,emails.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bank Scamming New Method. / Poultry Seeking Eggs Distributors/marketers/suppliers / Aliko Dangote Need To See This Drawing Mnd Blowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.