Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money (62758 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Upritman(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
@Suanu'sBlog

One of Nigeria’s top financial institutions, First Bank of Nigeria Limited has reacted to the recent trend of animal swallowing public funds in Nigeria. The reportage of snake swallowing N36m at a JAMB Office and a monkey eating another N70m instead of Banana took a viral dimension with Nigerians extending it to almost every aspect of national and personal lives.

A twitter user with the handle, @officialrohkip had tweeted thus:

“With the way animals swallow money now, I will have to close my @FirstBankngr account. I don’t trust that elephant on their logo….”.

Acknowledging the power of the social media and the probable impacts that may have on its customer base, the bank addressed the issue in a separate tweet saying:

“The Elephant on our logo represents trust, integrity, dependability, and loyalty. Let your First Bank account remain open. We are your trusted ally. #Stillstanding #Stilldependable #YouFirst .

Unlike the snake and monkey alleged to have swallowed money, First Bank restated that the elephant on its logo does not swallow customers’ deposits.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/02/first-bank-reacts-to-rumours-that.html

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
An epic clapback would have been much better than this long story!

Where is Kingfisher, The EFCC social handler?!

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Liliyann(f): 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Na local saving box sure pass as things dey go in this country.
I can't be working and having monkey and snake enjoy my money,before you know it they will say ant swallowed CBN

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Gentlevin: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
hahahahahah..........hehehehehehe...........if the elephant try am..........na pot straight oooooooo

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by femolacqua(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by eezeribe(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
modelmike7:

EFCC discarded him for incompetence... he is now cooling off with Union bank.

21 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by 9japrof(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Instead of the youths to stand up and demand structural changes and a mess to the swallowing going on, we only make jokes and create comedy skits with the harm befalling Nigeria

214 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
eezeribe:

He resigned willingly, he was never discarded.
PLS NOTE!

180 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by ifyakanu(m): 7:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
cc:
dominique
FOD
naijacutee
puskin

This post deserves FP jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by eleojo23: 2:49am On Feb 26, 2018
Union Bank also needs to reassure her customers that their horse will not run away with customers' money grin

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by ekmike(m): 5:51am On Feb 26, 2018
Animals are taking over the zoo country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by FIDELITY24(m): 6:18am On Feb 26, 2018
lol... First bank no wan hear story o, before they start loosing customers.

3 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by eleojo23: 7:00am On Feb 26, 2018
But seriously, this animal joke is making Nigeria a laughing stock o

This is how we will be joking up and down and Buhari will come back for second term

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by okonja(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2018
grin LMAO

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2018
We play too much in this country and I don't like it undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by okonja(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2018
modelmike7:

Try tweet that of horse to Union bank and see him answer you. cool

12 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by joystickextend1(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Okay..

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toy's..

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by kelvinezeh55(m): 7:04am On Feb 26, 2018
If snake can swallow money if monkey can leave bananas and go for money.......... Then elephant own will not be different

3 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Mutuwa(m): 7:04am On Feb 26, 2018
undecided only in 21st century Nigeria one would hear;

1. Termites eating up large supply of tractors.

2. Two ships laden with crude oil disappear just like that without a trace.

3. A Snake and Monkey in nobody's shadow,but with a BVN and account numbers in Nigerian banks,warranting one to swallow money,and the other to take off with 70m.

Union bank should keep an eye on that stray horse as well.

8 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by iyaegin: 7:05am On Feb 26, 2018
eezeribe:

This post plus the writer have been discarded as being Incompetent and need to cool off in silence...

13 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by sotall(m): 7:05am On Feb 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by chijindu34(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2018
somewhere in this zoo country, the monkey is seen enjoying his wealth

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by bekpo(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2018
Honestly, the way I am seeing this elephant, he is up to something. See the way it's rushing as if it want to swallow something. My money pls, I am coming to take u before this elephant do something stupid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 26, 2018
eezeribe:

a staff of Efcc discarded? U think it's all these Chinese and Lebanese companies? He was honored for a job well done and probably given a bigger assignment wch may not be social media related

6 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by millionboi2: 7:07am On Feb 26, 2018
Lol
Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by debossng: 7:07am On Feb 26, 2018
Just one tweet shook a whole first bank #powerofsocialmedia

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by Tattooboy: 7:09am On Feb 26, 2018
Lame response. FBN should hire a better handler.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money by chijindu34(m): 7:09am On Feb 26, 2018
it's not my problem I have already withdrawn all my 1700 in there bank before I hear that the elephant has ran away

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Secret Revealed: 1 NGN Can Equate 1 USD If Nigerian Government Can Do This. / Man Puts His N40million Wristwatch In A Fridge (Pictured) / Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And Their Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.