Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Cost Of Msc In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cost Of Msc In Nigeria (2809 Views)

MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? / Maybe You Should Go For ND Instead Of Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Sasuwa(f): 6:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
helllo, i wanted to build my career in academics, preferrably lecturing, am cuurrently a graduate waiting for youth service, i plan to start my msc immediately after nysc, but what i don't know is how much will it cause me to do msc. in nigerian uni. pls any one with the has went through or knew how much it it take for both tuition and upkeep should help please.
lalasticlala help pls
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sasuwa:
helllo, i wanted to build my career in academics, preferrably lecturing, am cuurrently a graduate waiting for youth service, i plan to start my msc immediately after nysc, but what i don't know is how much will it cause me to do msc. in nigerian uni. pls any one with the has went through or knew how much it it take for both tuition and upkeep should help please.
lalasticlala help pls

it depends on a lot of factors e.g the course you're applying for, the region you want to school in etc. but generally speaking a minimum of N800k-N1 million can comfortably get you through your masters. smiley

NB: the cost I quoted will include school fees, accommodation, feeding, money for texts etc for an 18-24 month academic MSC programme.
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
coollabman:

it depends on a lot of factors e.g the course you're applying for, the region you want to school in etc. but generally speaking a minimum of N800k-N1 million can comfortably get you through your masters. smiley

NB: the cost I quoted will include school fees, accommodation, feeding, money for texts etc for an 18-24 month academic MSC programme.

Niqqa pulease!!! 1m for wetin?
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
LegatusGlaber:

Niqqa pulease!!! 1m for wetin?

that's the price ceiling duh! it won't be more than a million.
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by agwunchauc(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
300k can go a very long way in a federal university

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 7:18am On Mar 04, 2016
U will get balance on 500k if u go for a federal uni n stay in pg hostel n very prudent cool
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by femipeters015(m): 7:48am On Mar 04, 2016
haba 1m for what pls... in a federal university dependin on the cost shouldnt be more than 300-350 for school fees, a friend just started a masters program in unilag and the total cost was 320k
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 04, 2016
femipeters015:
haba 1m for what pls... in a federal university dependin on the cost shouldnt be more than 300-350 for school fees, a friend just started a masters program in unilag and the total cost was 320k

pls did you include accommodation and other sundry fees/hidden charges?! read my post again. I said for an 18-24 month MSC programme. if you think 300k will cut it then you're on a long thing! seriously

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Moyarh(m): 7:55am On Mar 04, 2016
There are alot of factors to consider.
First of, do u want a private/federal school?
And then the course you intend to study matters too. Some courses are more expensive than others, also, some courses are one session (under 12 months) while some are two sessions... for accommodation, location matters alot... so there's no single answer, it depends on what you want.
I think you'd get precise answers if you specify the school(s)/course(s) you intend to pursue...
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Taiwo20(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2016
You guys ended up confusing and discouraging me and probably the OP too
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2016
Taiwo20:

lol! grin

quality education is not cheap! better be ready to pay angry
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Taiwo20(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2016
coollabman:

lol! grin
quality education is not cheap! better be ready to pay angry

I know..... I just need an exact price quote excluding accomodation....tuition only
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2016
Taiwo20:

I know.....
I just need an exact price quote excluding accomodation....tuition only

it varies depending on the school. you won't spend only on accommodation and tuition. there are other fees.
Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by femipeters015(m): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
thats my point, the man saying 1mil intends on discouraging u, a close friend of mine like i said earlier spent 320k(form,school fees, faculty reg etc) , for registration and other little expenses except accommodation because he stays close to unilag (akoka area). offcus i dnt need to add feeding cost cos even before u intend on starting masters you were feeding yourself. i just feel 1 million is ridiculous for a masters programme in a federal university. my one cent opinion
Taiwo20:

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Msc In Nigeria by 2rutalk1: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
It depends on the course, the school and the type of programme (Full time or part time)

If it is UNILAG for instance, Full time in most Departments plus sundry expenses will cost 350-400k to round up (Thesis inclusive)
Same UNILAG Part time in some Departments will cost 600-800k to round up (thesis inclusive).

Insider source. Precisely Economics.

(1) (Reply)

Cibn Exams: The Challenges & Experience So Far / Self Training Soap Era / Starting Out Small Business With 500k Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.