Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? (33554 Views)

Lady Discovered JAMB Deducted 103 Marks From Her Brother's Score After Remarking / JAMB Remove 100 Mark From Candidates Score For Malpractice Indicate By CCTV / UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by opeyehmmy(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2016
maasoap:

It is not about the standard of our education, it is about the JAMB trying to get ahead of itself these days thereby creating rooms for this kind of silly error. Why is JAMB always in a hurry to conduct exam and release results when there won't be admission until September/October?
true, i wonder why too! Must we behave like other developing countries? If we dnt av d much needed capacity to execute plans. JAMB is on a fast lane, i forsee a crash if appropriate measures are not taken. Laconically, its ridiculous.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA,
GOD SAVE US FROM CORRUPT LEADERS, GOD GO MAKE US BIGGER.
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Agalasis(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2016
Same thing happened in 2009(though for only physics/xyz and not for evrybody).
This 40marks-thing is not for everybody. I guess it was due 2 sm technical errors in marking for doz involved.
All d same,it doesn't say good abt JAMB and Nigeria to those outside
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
LOL @ Nelson&Parker's O'Level Physics and Lambert's Chemistry like it's Quantum Field Theory and Computational Chemistry!

Your generation ruined the country. Whose generation is in charge of the shitty education sector and every other sector in the country at present? Your generation!

You guys were provided with quality education by the colonialists, studying at the best universities in the UK and at home; yet, a huge chunk of that "golden" generation managed to learn only greed and corruption.

Only a countable few (e.g. Soyinka, Achebe, etc) were actually noteworthy - intellectual and/or character wise!

samseen02:
I don't knw that our educational body can be so useless as dishing out free marks to to this lazy generation of ours. it a pity nobody want to read again but being inspired by the so called scrapped entertainment industry (Music).

COMING GENERATION SCARES ME...REAL HARD!
While we have been busy talking about Nigeria of today, I wonder if we have spared a thought about how this country will be in the next TWENTY-FIVE years. On October 1, 1979, when Alhaji Shehu Shagari was sworn-in as president, Goodluck Jonathan was a 22 year-old undergrad of University of Port-Harcourt. Shagari was 54 years old. Ayo Fayose was 19 years old. Bukola Saraki was 17. Yemi Osinbajo was 22. The generation of the likes of Shagari, Richard Akinjide, Adisa Akinloye, Sabo Barkin Zuwo, Ifeanyi Nwobodo, Ume Ezeoke, Akin Omoboriowo, Olusola Saraki, Sunday Awoniyi, Garba Nadama, Awal Ibrahim and so on have gone for good! Some of us in our 40s and 50s, when in school, either in the university or secondary school, had lofty dreams, both personal and societal. We were always motivated by nationalists and inventors who had impacted positively on the cause of humanity. We were voracious readers of novels and other books. Nelkon&Parker for our Ordinary Level Physics, Lambert for Chemistry, B.O ADELEKE and Goh Cheng Leong for our Geography, Phebean Ogundipe for Practical English, Achebe and Soyinka for Literature and others like that. We were always flaunting our knowledge of current affairs. Inter-school quiz, Literary and Debating competition were the in-thing. Nowadays, students can hardly string a sentence together in English without errors.
Fast forward 35 years on and you are shocked and disturbed. Have you ever spoken to or engaged a 20 year-old boy? Ask him what motivates him and he is likely to mention music, Hiphop to be precise. He has hundreds of downloaded songs on his phone. He can sing all of them off hand. He knows all the singles of 9ice, Neato C, Timaya, Davido, WizKid off hand. The ladies among them take pride in enticing men old enough to be their father on social media with bossomly physique. But s/he does not know anything about history or nationalism in the country.
#PonderOnThat
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by comrChris(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
jamb themselves know that the organizers of this years exam did a poor job, for instance l wrote on 29th,we were supposed to start by 6:30am,we settled down around 7 only for the computer to delay us for another two hours
meanwhile why we were still writing the next set were already waiting outside and this made them to slash one hour from our time,and not just that,the options in our register were not correct may be typo error they swapped d options making it difficult for us and when complained they told us to write anything that they could not do anything. at a time my own system logged me out l had to log in again and all of that
though l have not checked if they added anything but l still think 40mks is not enough compare to what we passed through. l have been in pain after the exam,l left home and went to stay with a friend in school just for me to read and l was messed up in the hall,and this is my last jamb
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by undigeh: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Heineken:
this is serious... This country is corrupt

What are you talking ,a body admitted their mistakes and take bold steps to remedy the situation and your are hear crying corruption.

Have you taken quality time to listen to candidates' bitter experience in their various exam halls?

You forgot that, scoring high marks in jamb cannot guarantee automatic admission into any Nigerian University. Post UTME hurdle is the highest obstacle.
So what is your wailing about .

Go to court and claim damages to jamb standard.
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nairalanders and fellow JAMBITES,praise be to God,I scored 232,I haven't received my 4
marks o,may God pick up the calls of those that are yet to write!
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Lordfranklin(m): 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Nairalanders and fellow JAMBITES,praise be to God,I scored 232,I haven't received my 4
marks o,may God pick up the calls of those that are yet to write!
I got 231
I just pray they add 40 marks to mine o coz the exam was complete bullshit!
our system was automatically logged out like 4 times
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Vaabra01(f): 5:54am On Mar 05, 2016
plz kindly help, I did my exam on 2nd of march in FUYA,am yet to see my result telling me No result yet..wit reg. no:65671934cf
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by pweetylivia(f): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2016
etiosa97:
i don't know if anyone wrote jamb here on d 1st at mikon computer institute. jamb just killed my career, they just fustrate my life. After burning midnight candle since march last year, after sleeping for 3 to 4 hours a day, after skiping so many important things, all in d name of "i wanna be a doc" still yet, this how they reward us. i weep for d future of Nigeria. so after i don finish my textbook finish ,excpecially bio, and chem, after i don carry bext bio nd chem student for my lect for 3 good months, jamb just choose to punish me like this. And the funniest thing was that, the girl i taught inside d hall got 258 and me got 213.. chia!!! am doomed. so had it been i learn barbing, i for don be boss by now.. the most painfull was that, phy that i wasn't serious for was d highest, and bio was the lowest. when i was writing my exam, i was smiling, when i finished d exam, i even had 45 more min, i was dancing,when i got home I was jubilating, and now checked my result nd am crying..?. well shits happen. na 9ja we day
Don't be too sad. You might still get medsurg. In my time, I scored 273 in jamb but still didn't get medsurg. Meanwhile, I know some peeps that scored that scored 213, 220,225,231 and they got medsurg in university of Ibadan. Now, my kid bro got admitted to FUTO to study petroleum engineering early this year and he scored 216 in jamb while most of his mates had higher scores. So everything is all about faith, destiny and favour from God. Just try harder in the Putme.
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by pweetylivia(f): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2016
Doxie69:
My neighbor's son got 42 after the 40 marks was added, the father was shocked, he has told him to get ready to be a truck pusher because he can't live in same roof with him after all the money he paid for him to attend lesson. For the compound is sober faces you seeing.
I smell lies undecided
Doxie69:
My neighbor's son got 42 after the 40 marks was added, the father was shocked, he has told him to get ready to be a truck pusher because he can't live in same roof with him after all the money he paid for him to attend lesson. For the compound is sober faces you seeing.
I smell lies
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 06, 2016
Vaabra01:
plz kindly help, I did my exam on 2nd of march in FUYA,am yet to see my result telling me No result yet..wit reg. no:65671934cf
go to any cybercafe within your area, check it there
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:40am On Mar 07, 2016
Lordfranklin:

I got 231
I just pray they add 40 marks to mine o coz the exam was complete bullshit!
our system was automatically logged out like 4 times
which school and course
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 07, 2016
Vaabra01:
You Have Exceeded Maximum Number of Checks. Please purchase e-Facility Card to Print Your Result Slip

1 Like

Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Spaxon(f): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Lekki girl. Longest time.
lol u eh... u still d alive?
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by danbrowndmf(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Spaxon:
lol u eh... u still d alive?
lols. Na u wan kill me? How ur life na?
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Jacktheripper: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
Integrityfarms:
I just checked my younger brothers own now, I saw no additional mark.

Was he given admission last year
Re: Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? by Integrityfarms(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Jacktheripper:

Was he given admission last year
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With My School's Bursar / Covenant University Student Expelled For Drug Use Disrupt Chapel Service / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.