Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry (18733 Views)

DSTV Now App Not Working On My Blackberry Passport. Please Help / Whatsapp Just Stopped Working On My Blackberry Z10. Anyway To Fix It? / HELP!!!! My Blackberry 9930 Won't Turn On, It Only Shows The Red Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by donogaga(m): 8:06am On Mar 04, 2016
Every day someone questions my Blackberry as the smartphone of choice but I can honestly say that it makes my life easier and me a more productive manager.

THERE ARE CERTAIN WAYS BLACKBERRY IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY OVER OTHER SMARTPHONES.

So how does the Blackberry IMPROVE productivity versus other smartphones?

(1) E-mail and calendar work amazing WELL and are lightning fast.

(2) Type super fast on the physical keyboard without looking, taking notes, writing blogs and other longer texts.

(3) The battery always lasts longer even if the phone is used heavily.

(4) It's small and can easily be used with one hand when needed.

(4) The hardware is robust and has never failed me in the last 5 years.

(5) When roaming it uses a minimum amount of data when sending and receiving and messages and no need to turn off other applications.

(6) The services are extremely reliable with only one major incident in October 2012.

(7) Related to the first point but usability is extremely good with swipes, touch screen and keyboard complementing
each other.

(8. Core services such as Camera, Calculator, Weather, Whatsapp and evernote work really well.

(9) The lack of distraction from latest games and apps may be related to discipline rather than the device but I'll put it on the list anyway.

And yes, I have an android with me as backup and to use all the great apps that also improve my daily life. Maybe the combination of two or three phones is the reason that Blackberry remains my primary device. My android battery doesn't last long and I have a problem with that.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by timbros(m): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2016
donogaga:
Every day someone questions my Blackberry as the smartphone of choice but I can honestly say that it makes my life easier and me a more productive manager.

Is email and calendar sluggishly slow in Android?

(2) Type super fast on the physical keyboard without looking, taking notes, writing blogs and other longer texts.

You are not used to on-screen keypad yet. When you get used to it, you will know that one can type super fast in Android too.

If I hear!

There are 4 inch and below android phones.

More robust than android? The fact that you use your device very carefully doesn't mean that blackberry lasts longer than android. There are other careful android users too.

(5) When roaming it uses a minimum amount of data when sending and receiving and messages and no need to turn off other applications.

Data is becoming cheaper by the day. So what's the worry? If you can buy a car, I expect you to be able to fuel it without complain.

(6) The services are extremely reliable with only one major incident in October 2012.

I have used at least 6 different android phones/tabs without any major incident.

(7) Related to the first point but usability is extremely good with swipes, touch screen and keyboard complementing each other.

Try using an android phone of at least 2gb ram, come back and report your observation.

(8. Core services such as Camera, Calculator, Weather, Whatsapp and evernote work really well.

And android's core services doesn't work really well? SMH.

(9) The lack of distraction from latest games and apps may be related to discipline rather than the device but I'll put it on the list anyway.

Then why listing it here if you know it's related to discipline and not the OS? Do you think all android users are gamers?

And yes, I have an android with me as backup and to use all the great apps that also improve my daily life. Maybe the combination of two or three phones is the reason that Blackberry remains my primary device. My android battery doesn't last long and I have a problem with that.

Summary: Variety is a beautiful thing. Even God created all of us unique. My fingerprint is unique, same with yours. Your like will always be different from others so if blackberry is your favourite, ride on bros.

I wont start listing epistle but ONE reason I will give up my blackberry (if I had one) is Whatsapp . Go figure.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2016
timbros:

Summary: Variety is a beautiful thing. Even God created all of us unique. My fingerprint is different from yours. Your like will always be different from others so if blackberry is your favorite, ride on bros.

But ONE reason I will drop blackberry (if I had one) is Whatsapp . Go figure.

Perfect answer. Though it is down to personal preference, but even blackberry are ditching the blackberry os for a reason. Blackberries are good for long texts and blogging no doubt, but touchscreen android phones ain't a slouch either. I can type one handedly one 5 inch phone comfortably by simply using the in built Swype on my Google keyboard.

Data is cheaper on old blackberry devices but the difference is not so much from Android with blackberry 10 os. Plus I'm not a fan of Web page and email compression in Blackberries, I like my emails and we pages full.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by timbros(m): 11:54am On Mar 04, 2016
greenhulk:

Perfect answer. Though it is down to personal preference, but even blackberry are ditching the blackberry is for a reason. Blackberries are good for long texts and blogging no doubt, but touchscreen android phones ain't a slouch either. I can type one handedly one 5 inch phone comfortably by simply using the in built Swype on my Google keyboard.

Data is cheaper on old blackberry devices but the difference is not so much from Android with blackberry 10 os. Plus I'm not a fan of Web page and email compression in Blackberries, I like my emails and we pages full.

Couldn't have said it better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by sorextee(m): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
I agree with u. My z30 is still my primary phone. In terms of email and work related issues. My android is for plating games eg, candy crush, soda, words with frnds, etc. cheesy

donogaga:

(7) Related to the first point but usability is extremely good with swipes, touch screen and keyboard complementing
each other.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kolexepana: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
I guess Op haven't handled an android phone

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
kolexepana:
Not special about android. It suck data on daily basis

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by donogaga(m): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
kolexepana:

You are far from the truth bro. I have an android phone.

The truth is that all these smartphones have their own set of pros and cons. We all know that there are some basic advantages and disadvantages that come along with these devices.

But if you are always on the go and have to reply to your emails instantaneously, love chatting with family and friends and don’t care about applications, then this phone (Blackberry) is for you. There is a wide range of models to select from.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Baroba(m): 2:26am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:

You are far from the truth bro. I have an android phone.

The truth is that all these smartphones have their own set of pros and cons. We all know that there are some basic advantages and disadvantages that come along with these devices.

But if you are always on the go and have to reply to your emails instantaneously, love chatting with family and friends and don’t care about applications, then this phone (Blackberry) is for you. There is a wide range of models to select from.

Its a well known fact, blackberries are kings when it comes to communication.. I have a Q10 for work, there is just something about typing out a quick email on a physical keyboard.. My android is for social stuff and tinkering with the OS...

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kennyman2000(m): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by mccoy47(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Bla bla bla undecided
keep using bb oo
But By Jan 1st 2017 when Whatsapp kicks BlackBerry off its domain I hope you won't decamp grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Babe2sure(f): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2016
Baroba:

Its a well known fact, blackberries are kings when it comes to communication.. I have a Q10 for work, there is just something about typing out a quick email on a physical keyboard.. My android is for social stuff and tinkering with the OS...

I've always said it that i'm a blackberry person in & out. I will always own one. I prefer blackberry over my android phone and it has always been my primary device. The only thing I do on my android apart from calling and receiving is playing games on it.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Sunnycliff(m): 6:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Stop celebrating mediocrity. BBM is gone in extinction and now Whatsapp is going offline in BB, So what's the need of the hardware?

7 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by NaLaugh: 6:31am On Mar 05, 2016
"Why I Won't Give Up My Nokia 1100"

COMING SOON!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by fredie107(m): 6:34am On Mar 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Not special about android. It suck data on daily basis

Data is meant to be used and not to stay in the phone

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by englishmart(m): 6:34am On Mar 05, 2016
give up already mehn.... It's high time you did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Lexusgs430: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2016
Everyone to their preferred device. People still happily use Nokia torchlight!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Ijaya123: 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Obviously, the op has never used an iPhone before.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by danduchi(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Na waoh... Wetin Android phone users go come talk? If they list options for u (y android is better than BB), u go sale ur BB buy android phone
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by david22uu(m): 6:39am On Mar 05, 2016
in conclusiion Black berry is a buisness man fone

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by NemzySeries(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2016
typing frm ma Q10......I dunno but av grown to like blackberry since 2011/2012 I wuz introduced to it n i dunt plan leaving d smartphone family any time soon even ma andriod i replaced last month to put sim inside na wahala only using it to play angry birds & zuma all dis while

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by eleko1: 6:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by tonyx4x44(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2016
bb
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by tonyx4x44(m): 6:47am On Mar 05, 2016
A blackberry?... their devices just feel like ornaments when placed beside iOS and Android
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kullozone(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by bigfather(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:

each other.

#Team Black Berry #

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2016
Windows phone can do all you listed better than BB

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by kullozone(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
How is it easier to type with a physical keyboard?
The last time I typed using a phone with a physical keyboard, I was fvcking slow and my write up was fvcked too.

Infact, all your points sef ehn.....

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Ibidapson(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
An unborn child thinks the size of the world is the size of his mother's womb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by alatbaba1(m): 7:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Cool
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by sixtusjr(m): 7:02am On Mar 05, 2016
kolexepana:
android What's special

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee Marathon M3 Mini Specifications And Price / My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! / My Experience As One Of The Grand Winners Of #350,000 Gift Items From Infinix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.