Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,480 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry (18747 Views)

DSTV Now App Not Working On My Blackberry Passport. Please Help / Whatsapp Just Stopped Working On My Blackberry Z10. Anyway To Fix It? / HELP!!!! My Blackberry 9930 Won't Turn On, It Only Shows The Red Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by emperorchedda(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2016
Nothing rocks more than BlackBerry! Especially with its data usage. As for whatsapp, we can get other messengers

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Akynzodeighbour(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2016
Op has a point though, that feeling of typing super fast, the interface and uniqueness, well iphone rocks also, but it's just expensive, darsall!
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by bobchigar(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2016
OP I agree with you
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by elmisti(m): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2016
True!
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Freegift75: 7:09am On Mar 05, 2016
Mine is that, I can't use any phone other than "QWERTY" one. I hate screen/pen touch
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by yoddy(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:
Every day someone questions my Blackberry as the smartphone of choice but I can honestly say that it makes my life easier and me a more productive manager.

THERE ARE CERTAIN WAYS BLACKBERRY IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY OVER OTHER SMARTPHONES.

So how does the Blackberry IMPROVE productivity versus other smartphones?

(1) E-mail and calendar work amazing WELL and are lightning fast.

(2) Type super fast on the physical keyboard without looking, taking notes, writing blogs and other longer texts.

(3) The battery always lasts longer even if the phone is used heavily.

(4) It's small and can easily be used with one hand when needed.

(4) The hardware is robust and has never failed me in the last 5 years.

(5) When roaming it uses a minimum amount of data when sending and receiving and messages and no need to turn off other applications.

(6) The services are extremely reliable with only one major incident in October 2012.

(7) Related to the first point but usability is extremely good with swipes, touch screen and keyboard complementing
each other.

(8. Core services such as Camera, Calculator, Weather, Whatsapp and evernote work really well.

(9) The lack of distraction from latest games and apps may be related to discipline rather than the device but I'll put it on the list anyway.

And yes, I have an android with me as backup and to use all the great apps that also improve my daily life. Maybe the combination of two or three phones is the reason that Blackberry remains my primary device. My android battery doesn't last long and I have a problem with that.

Dude you could easily have posted the source. Are you claiming the write up is original to you?
Plagiarism is not a good thing o...

https://www./why-i-wont-give-up-my-blackberry-magnus-jern?linkId=21892946

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 05, 2016
I love my bb
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Dexema(m): 7:37am On Mar 05, 2016
una wey dey talk say iPhone fit do the same thing, una don compare the prices? btw blackberry still allows a lil bit of flexibility compared to the "annoying iPhone " where nothing else works except on apple platform. android devices are great too but in this naija environment? Blackberry still does it by saving data and money (I hate the idea of switching off data network to save data) #team airtel 3gig for N1k.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by remmydada(m): 7:44am On Mar 05, 2016
blackberry is going into extinction and op is trying to wake a dead giant in a few years nobody will talk about blackberry u even mention the battery and everyone knows blackberry has the worst battery just wait no one will beg you to switch to android
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Orikinla(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2016
My XIAOMI Mi4 does more than your BB 24/7. And the battery lasts longer. It lasts you for two days and with 4k camera that I have used to produce a movie worth millions of naira.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y66EHWx5k0
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by sirlop(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2016
remmydada:
blackberry is going into extinction and op is trying to wake a dead giant in a few years nobody will talk about blackberry u even mention the battery and everyone knows blackberry has the worst battery just wait no one will beg you to switch to android
Don't mind him... if I list the advantages of android over BB, he will throw that his BB away. Y did BB ditch their OS and adopted Android? When it comes to price, blackberry phones aren't cheaper as they claim here. You can't compare outdated BB's with state of the art android phones for God's sake. If u are comparing, u compare the likes of Priv, classic, passport...etc with those big android phones. You will discover that they are not cheaper as they claim.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by DrDxtrz: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2016
I have always bn a fan of blackberry, but around 2010 I ditched the device for an iphone, along the line I change phones from android to iphone and used both concurrently at some point.
My journey back into blackberry began 4 months ago, i've never used the bb10 before then, I was gifted a bb10 at a function, a Q10, and I have to admit, it's being an amazing experience, especially the blackberry hub?? There is nothing like it.
The email and calendar are amazing, blackberry is just what my preferred smartphone is.
#Modified
Don't get me wrong I love my android and iphone but on a good day am always mobile with the blackberry while leaving the others in the car or office as the case might be, since I can't always work around with three phones.
The blackberry has come to be my first choice, whatsapp abandonment is surely a pain in the ars.e but it makes no real difference to me.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by CHISOMPHILIP(m): 8:18am On Mar 05, 2016
OP maybe u should try rethink this ur No3
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by CHISOMPHILIP(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2016
OP maybe u should try rethink this ur No3
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:22am On Mar 05, 2016
DrDxtrz:
I have always bn a fan of blackberry, but around 2010 I ditched the device for an iphone, along the line I change phones from android to iphone and used both concurrently at some point.
My journey back into blackberry began 4 months ago, i've never used the bb10 before then, I was gifted a bb10 at a function, a Q10, and I have to admit, it's being an amazing experience, especially the blackberry hub?? There is nothing like it.
The email and calendar are amazing, blackberry is just what my preferred smartphone is.

Spot on, the email and calender plus the way blackberry hub is designed is just perfect if you are the business type and like to have emails direct to you easily and communicate seamlessly, i love my android device but most times i noticed people use their android for games and apps, which is cool, talk business and it fails.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2016
I love my Samsung Note 3 and most of the android devices i uses, data isn't eally a problem as i use the glo 4.5 gig for 2.5k but just 5 months i went back and got the old blackberry curve 4 and presently the q10 and gosh the experience was just bliss, blackberry makes life easy, the way emails and the physical keyboard works is perfect, if you are business minded person and have a team and clients you need to always get in touch with, the blackberry is a great device, people saying in 5 years time, they would be extinct, lol, do you guys even follow gadget news at all? yes blackberry isn't at the fore front where the iphone and ost high end android devices occupy but it still stands it's ground, it's perfect to have the best of android, a nexus and the best of blackberry the q10, z30 or z10 trust me, you love to work and play, those two would get you where you want to be in a comfortable way.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by timbros(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2016
yoddy:

Dude you could easily have posted the source. Are you claiming the write up is original to you?
Plagiarism is not a good thing o...

https://www./why-i-wont-give-up-my-blackberry-magnus-jern?linkId=21892946

Imagine!

And I'm here thinking it's the OP's write up. No wonder he has not commented again to defend his points.

SMH
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Cannonleo(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2016
No offence op I uve used blackberry only once in my life and I have a Sordid experience of it
Always team htc
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by DrDxtrz: 8:33am On Mar 05, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Spot on, the email and calender plus the way blackberry hub is designed is just perfect if you are the business type and like to have emails direct to you easily and communicate seamlessly, i love my android device but most times i noticed people use their android for games and apps, which is cool, talk business and it fails.
Yeah you got that right.
I moved my main whatsapp account to my blackberry from my other phone, and with whatsapp planned abandonment of blackberry, I'd simple move it back to my iphone, besides I heard the android version of whatsapp works with the bb10 device, so it's still a win, but under no condition am I trading the blackberry hub/email/calendar off because of whatsapp.
Blackberry has come to become my main official device, it's all I need on weekdays and even on weekends to plan the coming week with.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by JustCurious: 8:37am On Mar 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Data is cheaper on old blackberry devices but the difference is not so much from Android with blackberry 10 os.

You can say that again. So cheap.

Interestingly, I have used the old blackberry device for some years now, I do the monthly internet subscription, the BBC data plan for a thousand naira. And, I can't remember ever using up all of my internet data! Never. It's been so PERFECT! Until recently when I changed my phone to BBQ5. :/ Then, I had to change data plan to suit my new BB device, paying N1,500 for a monthly subscription. Which was fairly okay, I thought.

Surprising 26hours after subscription, I received a message that I have used 50% of my data plan?!? Sho ro niyen? Apparently, N1,500 data plan exhausted in 2days?! Alarming.

Now, I am going back to my old bb, aside other phones. I am a bb addict. smiley No phone does it better for me.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:39am On Mar 05, 2016
DrDxtrz:

Yeah you got that right.
I moved my main whatsapp account to my blackberry from my other phone, and with whatsapp planned abandonment of blackberry, I'd simple move it back to my iphone, besides I heard the android version of whatsapp works with the bb10 device, so it's still a win, but under no condition am I trading the blackberry hub/email/calendar off because of whatsapp.
Blackberry has come to become my main official device, it's all I need on weekdays and even on weekends to plan the coming week with.

Most business owners, business minded individuals understand the ease, work made easy and seamlessness that blackberry brings to you, it's a classic device, i understand why they wouldn't trade all that to be like an android, it's not worth it, the android devices are cool tho especially if you are a google freak like myself, the best of androids can only be understand by those who exploit all the features google has to offer but then again the blackberry rocks and balances it with work mode that's why having the best of both is advisable, most youths shouting androids probably don't even know 50% of what android devices can do, all they do is whatsapp, play games and and apps and they are putting blackberry down.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by proff467: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:

You are far from the truth bro. I have an android phone.

The truth is that all these smartphones have their own set of pros and cons. We all know that there are some basic advantages and disadvantages that come along with these devices.

But if you are always on the go and have to reply to your emails instantaneously, love chatting with family and friends and don’t care about applications, then this phone (Blackberry) is for you. There is a wide range of models to select from.
bro.....blackberry OS 10 is the only set of phone to have access to operate 2 type of OS...u can use android application as well as u can downloadin blackberry world......Q5 still remain my best phone...am using the 8th 1 now........
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by DrDxtrz: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Most business owners, business minded individuals understand the ease, work made easy and seamless that blackberry brings to you, it's a classic device, i understand why they wouldn't trade all that to be like an android, it's not worth it, the android devices are cool tho especially if you are a google freak like myself, the best of androids can only be understand by those who exploit all the features google has to offer but then again the blackberry rocks and balances it with work mode that's why having the best of both is advisable, most youths shouting androids probably don't even know 505 of what android devices can do, all they do is whatsapp, play games and and apps and they are putting blackberry down.
Couldn't have said it any better hombre.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by cooltony09: 8:51am On Mar 05, 2016
After falling in love with the BlackBerry brand some years ago, with the gallant BlackBerry 9900..I can't just stop loving the brand from q5,q10 to Passport..I've gotten Android but BlackBerry remain my major phone.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Kfed4ril(m): 8:52am On Mar 05, 2016
kullozone:
How is it easier to type with a physical keyboard?
The last time I typed using a phone with a physical keyboard, I was fvcking slow and my write up was fvcked too.

Infact, all your points sef ehn.....

Oga he mearnt a qwerty physical keyboard..
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by siegfried99(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2016
Most of ya'all complaining of BlackBerry only used the blackberry 7 phones

Try BlackBerry 10 u will understand why I love my z30 grin

I cannot joke with my BlackBerry Hub, not for the most expensive android phone
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Daraph(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2016
Chai... I love Blackberry die.... If this Blackberry I'm using currently lost or something happened to it,I will still go for another one.

Shey nah 1 month subscription and 7 days free (MTN) that I want to say ni? Or its portability.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2016
fredie107:

Data is meant to be used and not to stay in the phone
It's to be used I agree but not being consumed exorbitantly. Imagine having 2gig of data being exhausted within one week on light usuage
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by karleone(m): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2016
fredie107:

Data is meant to be used and not to stay in the phone
True. But not when you spend more in buying it.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by karleone(m): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Stop celebrating mediocrity. BBM is gone in extinction and now Whatsapp is going offline in BB, So what's the need of the hardware?

BBM is gone in extinction My broda, wake up, it's a new day. I've spoken with a great deal of NLders that I'm yet to see their faces through BBM, so it's definitely working and working for me.

If Whatsapp like let it go offline today, it won't stop BB users from having a feel of their BB phones. Mind you, I can still own a small phone for Whatsapp alone (all I need to do is change my phone number).

One advantage I have with BB is that, it helps recover my contacts n files when I lose my phone. This is workable through the help of Blackberry ID.
Re: Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2016
Freegift75:
Mine is that, I can't use any phone other than "QWERTY" one. I hate screen/pen touch

you need prayers lol..
I used to be like you but suddenly fell in love with touch screen phones.. tho my major fear wasn't really about the keyboard ish but was more of the phone falling to the ground. Non touch screen phones usually come back clean but when touch screen falls eh, na hail Mary you go start to recite sharp sharp.
anyways, a trial will convince you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee Marathon M3 Mini Specifications And Price / Awoof! Get 2,000naira With Just N100 On Airtel Network / Android Users : Who Knows How To Use Mtn Bis With An Android Phone? Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.