Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (31733 Views)

Man Forced Into An Arranged Marriage At 24 Shares How He Ends The Marriage / My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Help!! My Father's Brother Wants To Inherit Some Of His Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Sasuwa(f): 8:24am On Mar 04, 2016
He Just graduated , waiting for youth services and hard no work. Should we allow him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 04, 2016
?

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Last2comment(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2016
How rich are you guys to sponsor him. If marrying will keep him away from HIV and unwanted pregnancy.. why not?

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Pennah(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2016
Its a free country cool

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 04, 2016
No, you people should not support it.
He has no stable source of income and he want to start a family.. what kind of method is that.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Sasuwa(f): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2016
Last2comment:
How rich are you guys to sponsor him. If marrying will keep him away from HIV and unwanted pregnancy.. why not?
just an average nigerian family, but he do some trading,
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by thorpido(m): 8:32am On Mar 04, 2016
The girl don get belle?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Strahovski1(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2016
If he has the money. He is free. It's his choice.

11 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by falconey(m): 8:39am On Mar 04, 2016
@24 is he psychologically ready for HELL?

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Sasuwa(f): 8:39am On Mar 04, 2016
thorpido:
The girl don get belle?
no belle, just they too intimate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by AlexCk: 8:39am On Mar 04, 2016
If he's ready n can cope with the married life n all,
God's blessings .

But if it's dumb luck that he's hoping to use in "the married life", he better sit his assss down n hustle.

#except there are reasons or complications, that's mking him get married now.

All the same, #God's blessings

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by emperorchedda(m): 8:43am On Mar 04, 2016
He needs a stable and guaranteed source of income or your folks can assist him with one, except he's ready to plunge the innocent girl into abject poverty

4 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Taiwo20(m): 8:48am On Mar 04, 2016
The minimum requirement for marriage in some quarters is: consent by both parties, a bed and a skill....

A bed in the sense that you can't have a bed if you don't have accomodation

A skill that shows the person can fend for his family....

N.B: if Don Jazzy, D'banj, MI and co are still single with their staus and all..... Well me never ready.... But I would support him( your brother)if that would make him sexually responsible

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by coolh3ad(m): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2016
"Initial Gra Gra" is worrying you brother....He wanna get married at 24??...huh??..The kain cheating wey he go cheat on that girl ehn, she'll regret meeting him in the first place...Who dey pursue your brother/the two of them....Do they know what marriage is all about?....Ohhhh...I guess he/they think its exactly the same as Boyfriend and Girlfriend parole abi......I smh 4 ur bro...

19 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by pharmagba: 9:04am On Mar 04, 2016
Please counsel him on the following
1- that he will be going for service ie leaving his wife behind especially if he is not in the same state. The risk of travelling every now and then to possibly see her is there. If he stays without visiting it is not healthy for a new and young marriage,
2- I have seen how money turn and changes the dimension love in a marriage. I have seen in a marriage how love died completely because of lack of money. If he has to go ahead it is either the lady family is wealthy or the lady is working ( which I doubt as the lady will be between 19-22yrs)
3- love is patient. Advise him that the true test of love is time
4- maybe it is the lady pushing him, tell him to reassure her of his love, maybe the lady is not going to school, let him yet continual reassure her that if she cannot trust him on his word, how will she trust his marriage vows

Please advise him waiting till after service is when you believe he had finished school and then can get married

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by tse1v1(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2016
@24 YEARS IS NOT A CRIME THATS ACTUALLY THE BEST AGE IF HE BELIEVES HE CAN SURVIVE IT.............ITS LACK OF MONEY THAT MAKES US WAIT TILL 35 BEFORE GETTING MARRIED..........AT 44 HIS CHILD SHOULD BE AT LEAST 23YRS................IF MONEY DEY FORGET BOIZ GO MARRY AT 23 SELF grin

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Mrbigman1(m): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2016
Something dey shark am.

I did same thing but I had a job at dat age sha, but I just thought about it recently.

I just got a house, nothing inside. Frustration for don kill me cos of demand from family.

But as for cheating, I am way better of, I dnt do such but let him get a job, den settle and know what it takes to get ur own money and give out to people.

Dat shit is scary

5 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Sasuwa(f): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2016
tse1v1:
@24 YEARS IS NOT A CRIME THATS ACTUALLY THE BEST AGE IF HE BELIEVES HE CAN SURVIVE IT.............ITS LACK OF MONEY THAT MAKES US WAIT TILL 35 BEFORE GETTING MARRIED..........AT 44 HIS CHILD SHOULD BE AT LEAST 23YRS................IF MONEY DEY FORGET BOIZ GO MARRY AT 23 SELF grin
you mean it?
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by thorpido(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
no belle, just they too intimate.
I think he should cool down.
Even though it's possible to marry at that age,he still has a lot to do.He hasn't gone for youth service yet though he trades as you said but is the income enough to sustain a family?Is the girl working?

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Sasuwa(f): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2016
thorpido:
I think he should cool down.
Even though it's possible to marry at that age,he still has a lot to do.He hasn't gone for youth service yet though he trades as you said but is the income enough to sustain a family?Is the girl working?
no just a part time business and the girk is not even careerwise.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by handie(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2016
Really funny. 24? Dude is just infatuated and u really should advice him not to. Don't wanna be a prophet of doom but that marriage would be shorter than a nollywood movie.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by praxs(m): 9:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Depending on some factors higlighted here already.. How matured is he? Any source of income et al... Albeit such, i see no reason why at 24 one cannot get married.
Our parents did it, even in the present generation, pple are still doing it. Goto other countries, u will see such. Even in Nigeria, esp muslims do that. What is so wrong abt marriage at 24?

3 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Bhella5(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2016
Let him go ahead. He thinks love is enough prerequisite for marriage.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Michizzy(f): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2016
24 is too early for a guy to get married and he also don't have a stable source of income. I wouldn't support that unless it's for good course.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Michizzy(f): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2016
24 is too early for a guy to get married (marriage requires psychological maturity from both parties) and he also don't have a stable source of income. I wouldn't support that, unless it's for good course.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2016
God gave Adam garden before giving Eve

He should get work before thinking of marriage.

He should equally leave the family house and get his own apartment no matter how small

Marriage is not for the Boys and it is not like boy friend - girl friend affairs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by thorpido(m): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2016
Sasuwa:

no just a part time business and the girk is not even careerwise.
He's not ready for marriage.
Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by thowbie7ven(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2016
Let him go and marry jare!...shebi garri, groundnut and kuli kuli dey........

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by EDhims(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2016
@24 isn't bad, but d feasibility is d main issue. Gone r d days of our parents wen a little earning makes dem a satisfied home.

6 Likes

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by kimond101: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
Marrying at 24 isn't the issue as age is just a number.
He has to have a steady source of income and also he has to be ready physiologically

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by sukkot: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
and ?

in ancient days 24 is a grandfather already lolz

like if you had a kid at 12, and at 24 your 12 year old kid has a kid,, you are a granfada na ? abi no be so ?

1 Like

Re: My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
He thinks he is in love. His eyes will soon open.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) / Woman Who Gave Birth To Twins Dies After, As Husband Solicits For Help. Photos / Doctor Recounts How Soldier Discovered Wife Allegedly Committed Paternity Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.