Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries (28934 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / Senate Lawan Begins Duty As Senate Leader After Ousting Of Ex-leader Ali Ndume(p / Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Ivegotsolutions(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
We are always sentiment in judging politicians, The man has a valid point. If a Minister goes in a convey, whats wrong with our Senators having official cars. When we are ready to cut cost in this country, it has to apply for dick and harry.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by StMcOrdil(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
Because ministers and chairmen are driving in motorcades, senators should follow suit? Go to "the twitter senator" for common sense.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by bibiking7(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
I thought they were there to serve.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by hrworld: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
Me I don't even see their importance. They should ride on Okada.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by mirej(m): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
This people are quite funny, in his mind he's making sense. Smh
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
When you hear idiots like this you lose hope in any lasting change.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by zheroes(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
I think I still prefer the military regime to this democrazy,too many drama because the actors are many, soon it will enter realcrazy.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Onegai(f): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
They should have official cars only, which means that the car is for the office and belongs to the Senate and is not their personal car and will be given to the next Senate head once he leaves office. Every other senator should use their car and ministers should have only 2 cars in their convoy (it's safer to even manoeuvre in case of emergencies).
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by ColtPython(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
You sef buy ur own car tongue
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Jetjacky(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
Look at what a senator is saying... The federal government and all its arms should cut down on their personal expenses. If I was the President that's what I would do. The citizens are are more important.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Bookiemart01(f): 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
I wonder why they you even need a COSTER BUS. You people can trek fro ABUJA to Ibadan for all i care

contactmorak:
Senate Leader. Ali Ndume, was a guest on Channels TV this morning where he spoke on the controversial N4.7 billion reportedly meant for the purchase of new cars for each senator to carry out their oversight function. Ndume queried why Senators are expected to pack themselves in a coastal bus when carrying out their duties when Ministers and Local Government Chairmen have official cars. According to Ndume, Senators have not taken delivery of the cars as the budget has not been passed.

"No not yet. Money has been budgeted but the budget has not been passed and you know there is this public debate going on that Senators should not buy cars. Look I am a senator representing 9 Local governments. A Minister was appointed, 36 of them. All of them are driving a convoy of at least 4 cars. By protocol I am the senate leader. For example, I came with a car. I don't mind for example but what happens to my rights and privileges. For me personally, I don't care about driving a particular car. I move with any car but what happens to my rights and privilege as a Senate leader. For example the revenue and mobilization commission n their entitlements to my own office, are saying the senate leader should own two cars. We are supposed to do oversight as you know. Should I use my private car to do that?"he said
When asked why senators cannot ride in a coastal bus, he said
"How can I be going in a bus? You want me as a Senator to go in a bus? Senators going in a bus is as a matter of choice. When Senators are going to one place outside Abuja, how do you expect to pack them in a bus? Lets be honest. We are not buying cars for Senators. No. We are buying cars so that they will use those vehicles for committee work"he said
Asked if they will be made in Nigeria vehicles, he said "Well that one is another thing".

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/how-can-you-pack-senators-in-bus-senate.html

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Lexusgs430: 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
You need to see how his countenance changed when channels ambushed him with a guy accusing him of not visiting his constituents.
He went on an insulting path!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by opribo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Is this guy serious?
No he is not serious he Ndume go and ask about him
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by jaybee3(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2016
They are Serving nothing but their respective pockets. Bunch of idiotic morons

They are so fvcking insensitive and obviously shielded from daily realities Nigerians have to navigate

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by ibadanfinest(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
He made it clear he is not there to serve, why can't he use his private car, Nobody is asking them not to be given a car o, even if they want 10 cars I concur in as much it is Innoson cars, no wahala.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
what is wrong with that political buffoon is he better or different from any other nigerian? nothing is wrong if they should all be in a luxirious bus to and from where ever. unfortunately, we nigerians are d one footing the bills. i just hope someday the desired revolution that will eventually consumes the likes of ndume will come into play.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by tinsel: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
I don't know why we don't ask the right questions. The issue is that there salary and allowances were amortized and the money paid to them including car allowances, house allowances, clothes allowances. So purchasing another vehicles for them is like double spending.
They claim the vehicles are not for them but for there oversight functions. What a nonsense.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Obiwannn: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pangea:
angry
The more they speak the more we discover the fact that they are empty upstairs!

VERY EMPTY!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by gigabyte13: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Little wonder they call him a Boko senator. Senseless talk. How is he as a senator better than the people who elected him, who move about in molue ?
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by drnoel: 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
AZeD1:
Are buses for animals?

No for dogs and cats. Thats ur elected officials. The PM of Britain has been known to use the commercial metro to go to work. Our leaders are vampires. So cos you are elected to that position you can walk anymore. Na cars u dey find.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Common guys, why would you pack senators in a bus?

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
I keep saying this, that the national assembly are the one pulling this nation backward, despite getting some benefit and entitlement, i pray they know that all is vanity
IyaIode:
Nigerians get ready to pay more taxes to make these fools more cofortable.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by TGLINKS(m): 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
Then resign u no come 2 work as simple as ABC.
People need d work even 2 go with bike

In hong Kong I enter same train same seat with prime minister yet no siren no big car u are dia saying rubbish and people I mean young 1s are out dia searching 4 work .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by repogirl(f): 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
The British Prime Minister rides the train to work, are our senators any better?

Even our ministers need their entitlements trimmed. Amaechi's convoy has four luxury vehicles out of five vehicles, of which the fueling and maintenance will be from Government coffers abi?
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by mashin(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
You can't pack yourself inside bus, but you pack yourself inside plane when travelling, why not have private jets or helicopters too.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by yhemsy62(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
AZeD1:
Are buses for animals?
I tire o
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by VagileVictor(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
Reading through the Senate leaders comments in defence of the 4.7billion naira car loan or grant to the Senate makes me believe that APC is not out to make any change rather to do more harm to the system.
I rest my case with this ignobly conceived utterances from a silly-billy idiotic animal.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by 989900: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
This is where we have to blame ourselves for voting in this kind of people. This same guy would still win in the next election!
And they want the masses to sacrifice.
We are like a girl who sleeps with the same man, time and time again, and still claims she was tricked -- no, that's foolishness -- stupidity, or you'r loving it!

And the cars won't be made in Nigeria either, but they want you to . . . there goes Ben Bruce and Emefiele's hypocrisy . . . George Orwell, where are you?

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by nicolosam(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ali Ndume is an epitome of foolishness just as most of the senators! It is time Nigerians rose to defend their rights by forcing these animals to do the right thing!
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by basadenet: 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
NDUME does fit to a senator, this is a.man thatvwas linked with b k, yet still have the effontry to talk. Are Senators better than ordinary Nigerians? No.
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by badonkadonk: 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
contactmorak:
Senate Leader. Ali Ndume, was a guest on Channels TV this morning where he spoke on the controversial N4.7 billion reportedly meant for the purchase of new cars for each senator to carry out their oversight function. Ndume queried why Senators are expected to pack themselves in a coastal bus when carrying out their duties when Ministers and Local Government Chairmen have official cars. According to Ndume, Senators have not taken delivery of the cars as the budget has not been passed.

"No not yet. Money has been budgeted but the budget has not been passed and you know there is this public debate going on that Senators should not buy cars. Look I am a senator representing 9 Local governments. A Minister was appointed, 36 of them. All of them are driving a convoy of at least 4 cars. By protocol I am the senate leader. For example, I came with a car. I don't mind for example but what happens to my rights and privileges. For me personally, I don't care about driving a particular car. I move with any car but what happens to my rights and privilege as a Senate leader. For example the revenue and mobilization commission n their entitlements to my own office, are saying the senate leader should own two cars. We are supposed to do oversight as you know. Should I use my private car to do that?"he said
When asked why senators cannot ride in a coastal bus, he said
"How can I be going in a bus? You want me as a Senator to go in a bus? Senators going in a bus is as a matter of choice. When Senators are going to one place outside Abuja, how do you expect to pack them in a bus? Lets be honest. We are not buying cars for Senators. No. We are buying cars so that they will use those vehicles for committee work"he said
Asked if they will be made in Nigeria vehicles, he said "Well that one is another thing".

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/how-can-you-pack-senators-in-bus-senate.html

See one of the people, Nigerians voted into power..

So we the masses wey dey enter coaster bus everyday.. We come be wetin kwanu?

The lightening wey go strike am still dey under construction for God hand...
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
These men are bent on finishing our money even as we are witnessing serious economic crises they are still bent on having an official car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamawa:Court Restrains INEC From Conducting Supplementary Governorship Election / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / GEJ Crying At The Crash Site - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.