Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. (44246 Views)

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code / 5 Reasons Why Google Allo Is Here To Murder Whatsapp Messenger / How To Share Apk Files (android App Files) Via Whatsapp Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by biafranking: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:
A few days ago, Whatsapp announced that the'll be restricting support to all blackberry, Nokia S40, S60 and older android smartphones. This implies that this phones can't use whatsapp any longer.

Just this morning i got a push notification to update my whatsapp to the latest version and BOOM, There goes my whatsapp from my blackberry phone.

Anyway, that's the only way they can stop us from using whatsapp on this devices. So if you still wish to use your whatsappp on you Nokia, Blackberry, Just ignore the push notification to update your whatsapp that way you can still use the app.
i updated my whatsapp yesteday and nothing happen, am still using my whatsapp to chat via blackberry phone.
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by kunletoks(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
DavidGodwin:
Na so Nokia take start sha. Very soon another one, better than this will come and overtake it

Nice talk
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by wajab(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
if na so,make una switch to Nokia 3310i,whatsapp works better with that....naim i take they browse now sef
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by 0taPiaPia(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Yomii:
OP it seems your Blackberry is finally out of extinction. download another whatsapp.

out of whatt . bros i bow for your diction oh grin grin
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Peritus(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
Heromaniaa:
hi. I have an issue with my camon c8. the tethering and hotspots keep consuming data megabytes up to 400 mb in a day. and I don't even switch it on. the mb consumption happens on the back ground. have you experienced it? any solution?
Go to ur settings, click on data usage, go to options and select restrict background data usage. The steps in ur phone may be different. Thank me later
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Bishops10(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Xhaka:
As long as they won't remove it on camon c8, ama keep updating it.
bro how is that phone?
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by mykel25(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:
A few days ago, Whatsapp announced that the'll be restricting support to all blackberry, Nokia S40, S60 and older android smartphones. This implies that this phones can't use whatsapp any longer.

Just this morning i got a push notification to update my whatsapp to the latest version and BOOM, There goes my whatsapp from my blackberry phone.

Anyway, that's the only way they can stop us from using whatsapp on this devices. So if you still wish to use your whatsappp on you Nokia, Blackberry, Just ignore the push notification to update your whatsapp that way you can still use the app.

Get older version apk from someone then ure good to go
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Lex1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
I think it's time for those devices start thinking of Telegram... My opinion
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:
What's the point of the whole post ✉. Was it not to educate people that the function to eradicate whatsapp on those mobile devices has commenced?
I asked a simple question and you decided to give a bitter complex answer. move aside.
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Iamlordgee(m): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Buy android phone them nor go buy.. Android is the next generation phone.. *na only iOS nor wan Surrender *
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by feelme3(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
I updated 2days ago and after updating it asked to restart my device. I did and its been working. Using Blackberry so op maybe you deleted it by mistake.
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by loperterlevi1: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:

. Thanks for the information. Smart one.
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Marvell23(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Go an android phone and let us here word .Lots of cheap Android phones ranging from Infinix , Itel ,Tecno and even Xiaomi
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Eeroh95(m): 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
I updated mine today nothing happend....I use bold 5 tho
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
AmmarOscar:
OMG! does that phone still exists? please I am asking honestlyyyy
You better pass that phone..... From Tecno H7 down are not better than Nokia C3...
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
AmmarOscar:
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by bashtee09(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
am using a bbz10, I was told to update my watshap but blackberry world is not opening on my device, wat can I do pls?
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by abimbawealth(f): 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
bashtee09:
am using a bbz10, I was told to update my watshap but blackberry world is not opening on my device, wat can I do pls?
Network ish...switch to 3G and retry
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by SirDurotade: 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
Am presently updating mine now
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:

please sorry to ask is nokia java included?
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by benigneOne(f): 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
i just downloaded whatsapp on my bold 4 and it's working perfectly. there's probably smthn wrong with your phone.
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by donsheddy1(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adikam:
please sorry to ask is nokia java included?
Yes sir. That's where s40 falls under thanks
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
donsheddy1:
Yes sir. That's where s40 falls under thanks
ok thanks
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by giftedheart1(m): 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Watchout for another chatting platform!!! Na only whatsapp dey?? If they like, let them come and collect my phone!!
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Was updating beforeb I dabbled into this thread, only for me to check and dicovered I no longer have whatsapp on ma phone.... Gush !!!
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by jameslucy: 1:09am On Mar 06, 2016
I updated on my curve 7 this morning & mine is still working.

donsheddy1:

Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by BabaArmstrong(m): 1:17am On Mar 06, 2016
Abeg my brother , they talk of new Samsung phones ?
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by meaday: 4:33am On Mar 06, 2016
LIE. updated my Q10 today and still working perfectly
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by oodua1stson: 5:46am On Mar 06, 2016
prettythicksme:
Telegram is better!
stop lying to yourself

How many people even know there's an app called telegram?

1 Like

Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by MukaboxNG: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2016
YOUNGKAHUNA:
same here, updated mine on my bold 5 and it's still working perfectly well.

Let's hope it will continue working because we use it for our business
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by fabulous18(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
AmmarOscar:
?? Any ans!!!!
Re: Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. by fabulous18(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
AmmarOscar:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Transfer Money From Your Phone (all Banks) / Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do / All Bank Networks Are Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.