Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria (12315 Views)

5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
Main rotor head pictures

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
HOW I MAKE MY WOODEN BLADE
My blade was gotten from a tyrod that is used for ceiling.Now you are going to get a tiny one atleast i tinyas a normal rc helicopter blade,i was lucky to get one.
Now,you measure your prefered and suitable length my was 20cm long and 0.9inch wide,use a pencil and rulerto rule the line of the length and width then cut with the saw gently to avoid any damage.After you are done doing that cut the ruled line now you will be having two parts which are the 0.9inch and a small piece.cut the 0.9inch of 20cm wood into two now,you will be having two pieces of 10cm.Balance each wood equally on a weighing balance.shave the two pieces of wood into an airfoil shape with your knife and sand paper smoothly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2016
Take a look at this pictures

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
I spin the heli up but it is not stable due to lack of servo
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2016
@you who called me
THE SWASHPLATE
The swashplate i made has no bearing in the middle,it can only create up and movement when it recieve command from the servo.
Here is how i make it,in full details-but first this is how it works.it contains to plastic,one can rotate freely while the other one cannot.
I got the two plastic from a dvd and a tape player.if you check your dvd i mean a spoilt one those gear used to control the open and close of the dvd exactly the one that uses belt drive(the motor has a mini belt gear connected to the bigger belt gear with the black belt)the bigger one in the dvd is the i used as the rotating part.
As for the non rotating part,it is similar to the one gotten frm the dvd but a little bit bigger than it.it perform the same function in a dvd but you can hardly find it in a dvd instead you can get it in your tape
Note- once the two belt gears are ready,you have to put them together.i used a viju straw and i cut it then put it inside the hole of the bigger belt gear and glued then i put the smaller belt gear into the straw because it was a little wider than the straw,so the cause the small gear to move freely while the big gear doesnt.The shaft you would be using should be able to enter the straw.
I melt three hole at angle 180 each on the big belt gear with a tiny metal rod and fold it like a pedal,i did the three times at angle 180 of the big gear.I melt two holes on the smaller on with the rod at angle 90 straight but make sure you didnt melt it through the straw.THE pic Should explain better.

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by tdboy59(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2016
it nice but how do you build the swashplate
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
It's simple if you are planning to build.The swashplate has no bearing
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
Here is how i built it.it depend on what you have,i used belt gear drive of two pieces big and small and i insert a plastic straw into the big belt gear,the smaller gear hole has to be bigger than the big gear so as to move freely then i add a some metal rod to it
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by tdboy59(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ok. But wat is the ball joint for?? kissOk. But wat is the ball joint for??
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
If you building a cyclic control heli the swashplate must have bearing in the middle so as to control the heli rotor head right,left,forward,backward etc
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Kcblossom(m): 2:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Pls i need to know were I can chat on rc group
Becus I wanna discuse about my own project.
Less I forget nice work tommyclancy
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Kxngstein(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tommyclancy good work, very impressive

1 Like

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by matrixme(m): 3:47am On Jul 25, 2016
young man I have a proposal for you. There is something I want you to design for me. what's your email address or WhatsApp let's get talking? Nice one
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2016
my email is holuwatomiwa96@gmail.com and Whatsapp 09030693116
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Pakingzzz(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2017
Nice going...
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 28, 2017
Keep up the good work lad
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Bumbee112(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
Your. Work is cool
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by RCDIY(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nice work. Well done

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Appointed Secretary-General Of CTO / China To Nigeria: Aliexpress, Dhgate, 1688, Alibaba Shipping Advice And Tracking / Doctor Regrows Man’s Missing Fingertip Using Pig Bladder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.