Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (116637 Views)

Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by PTAwal: 6:44am On Mar 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:
So how come some retired and serving offices live in extreme opulence and loaded in cash and assets?
Tell that to Magu
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by discusant: 6:45am On Mar 05, 2016
phemmyutd:
Contrary to the belief by most people that the
Nigerian Army are being paid heavily, the
opposite is the case as the Nigerian Army
salary structure reveals that these men who
risk their lives to defend the sovereignty of
Nigeria go home with stipends.

A Nigerian soldier is being paid according to
his or her rank and years of service. The list
below is a report seen as of December 2015..

Salary Structure of the Nigerian
Army
Private Soldier earns about N48-49,000
Lance Corporal earns about N54-55,
Corporal earns N58,000
Sergeant earns N63,000
Staff Sergeant earns N68,000
Warrant Officer earns N80,000
Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

Nigerian Army Salary Structure for
Commissioned Officers
Second Lieutenant- N120,000
Lieutenant- N180,000
Captain- N220,000
Major- N300,000
Lt. Colonel- N350,000
Colonel- N550,000
Brigadier General- N750,000
Major General- N950,000
Lt. General- N1 million
General- N1.5 million
Those are the salary of Nigerian soldiers.
What is your take on the Nigerian Army
Salary?..
www.nigerianinfopedia.com/nigerian-army-salary-structure-much-nigerian-soldier-salary/

Every Economic Index considered for Nigeria and European countries, Nigeria soldiers are better paid than their European counterparts.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by biggjoe(m): 6:46am On Mar 05, 2016
Thats an ernormous improvent because back in In 2006 when I was with them, a Private earns 11,600 naira. While a 2nd Lieutenant earns about 45,000 naira.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by NemzySeries(m): 6:47am On Mar 05, 2016
unfortunately W're not paid according to our problems so make do wit watz available or change ur line of duty or responsibility
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by bisi16(m): 6:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Not bad but e no dey hungry me again. Make dem hol their salary.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by begwong: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
nakamora:

Pls which one is private soldier.
New entrant, like those coming newly from the Depot or in a nutshell, those that don't have a single rank are referred to as PRIMARY in the army.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Xtracoool(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
eedriyz:
Don't get, i thought they earn more. it's just hype, right?

They earn more mostly by stealing
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by bluegrass217(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
@ OP are u sure of diz cos dis ur source av a doubt nofin personal jst saying.....am in2 diz it if nt full buh a li2 xo i wonder diz ur figures r coming frm.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by begwong: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
nakamora:

Pls which one is private soldier.
New entrant, like those coming newly from the Depot or in a nutshell, those that don't have a single rank are referred to as PRIVATE in the army.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by alibaba1995(m): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2016
alexistaiwo:
end time salary
end time alexistaiwo..
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Souljaboi1: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2016
danduchi:
I can swear that staff sergeant collects more than #150k

Please don't swear with anything dear to you. You would most certainly lose it.

The OP is not far from the point, as these are the range of the BASIC SALARY.

However, depending on your Corp and number of courses you've attended, your pay would increase. For example, personnel under the Medical Corp collect some stipends (even though its been watered down from what was initially budgeted) which is coveted by all other Corp.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Souljaboi1: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2016
Nelkoko:
I fit rob shoulder with Lt cononel oooo......

Just make sure your shoulder carries the Eagle and Star that is on his shoulder. tongue

9 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by loomer: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2016
Some people wives don know how much their husband dey earn. Amebo OP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by loffyloffy: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2016
my friend. .there is nothing wrong with this salary..
how much do resident doctors in govt employment collect as salaries..i am sure it may not be up to what a 2nd leutanant gets.

the qualification and background needed to get the jobs are lesser than the requirements in many high profile jobs both in public and private sector that earns significantly less than them

what we should be talking about is a contributary life insurance for them, with the government paying a higher share..this should also apply to bankers and other high risk jobs

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
So I even earn more than that captain that bashed my car at mile 2 and was harassing me with his boys.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Junior66(m): 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
why exclude their allowances? Even most lecturers earn less than 100k once their allowances are removed. I neva see anybody where na only basic salary him de carry go house o, allowances must join.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Rekeb: 7:12am On Mar 05, 2016
loffyloffy:
my friend. .there is nothing wrong with this salary..
how much do resident doctors in govt employment collect as salaries..i am sure it may not be up to what a 2nd leutanant gets.

the qualification and background needed to get the jobs are lesser than the requirements in many high profile jobs both in public and private sector that earns significantly less than them

what we should be talking about is a contributary life insurance for them, with the government paying a higher share..this should also apply to bankers and other high risk jobs

Good point. But can you please enlighten me on what is high risk in banking compared to a soldier.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by alatbaba1(m): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2016
praxs:
What about that of Airforce? Any idea

Same salary structure for all armed forces. D diff is d allowance. Naval and Airforce hv more allowance to benefit from than the army chap.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by eddyroyal(m): 7:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Just passing through
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Stanbeto: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2016
This is not Bad shaa
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:20am On Mar 05, 2016
From Major General upwards Yeah..
Sunnycliff:
Is it true that once retired as a commissioned senior officer you earn same amount throughout life as if you are serving?
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 05, 2016
This salary structure is ok. How much does a fresh graduate earn?
How much does a PhD holder earn?
You said a general in the army earns abt #1.5m, how much does a professor earn?
There's nothing too low in the Army salary structure.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by KDULAR: 7:21am On Mar 05, 2016
That is the take home. There's no extra allowance all is embedded in the take home\, except professional allowances given to those in medical corps . Also I note that the take home for majors is not that much but about 40k or more lesser. For Bigger boys (generals), the take home is in quantum leap from one rank to the other. I think the take home of the lower ranks especiallly from seargent and above is abysmal low. A seargent is supposed to be in charge of about 30 lives.
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by Ayibaba1: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2016
Common, these are basic without allowances, it is very good. Most people commenting don't know about salary structure and division. Basic salary is just part of total take home. And if these are basic, quite good.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by udemzyudex(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Xtracoool:
OP their salary may be stipends considering the authority they wield as the rank goes higher. But these people, especially the officers, make way way more than that when you include proceeds from sharp practises and corruption.

As off topic : Their men become cursed with an obsession for women the moment they take the oath of allegiance, or whatever they call it.

Nobody is talking about sharp practice and corruption here, moreover why won't they misbehave when those who are doing nothing other than lobbying each other to say nee and hi are collecting more.

As for your off topic, I don't blame them, they believe that can die any time, that's their own way of enjoying life... Don't judge
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by chudi55: 7:24am On Mar 05, 2016
phemmyutd:

Army
Corporal earns N58,000
Sergeant earns N63,000

Commissioned Officers
Lieutenant- N180,000
Captain- N220,000
Major- N300,000
Lt. Colonel- N350,000
Colonel- N550,000
Major General- N950,000
Lt. General- N1 million
General- N1.5 million
Salary?..
www.nigerianinfopedia.com/nigerian-army-salary-structure-much-nigerian-soldier-salary/
field marshal nko
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by bejeria101(m): 7:25am On Mar 05, 2016
Jaycool18:
allowances not included

Thats just the basic? Why wont they put their hand into atrocities,sit n divert juicy contracts and inflate figures,GOD help us biko
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ikorodureporta: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2016
Pippl still dey join army..........i rememba how i try to join then- now d fear of boko is...
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by ourchoice(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2016
This is a very big salary compared to that of their American and Canadian counterparts.

The only difference is that American soldiers do get some benefits when they buy things with their army credit card; they get discount.

And their life insurance is very high that some of their wives do plan to kill their hubby if they discover he used them as next of kin

Again, if u add their allowances, you will then know that they are well paid.

Any employee in Nigeria with basic salary above 50k will be going home with more 100k.

And these guys earning 40 - 55k as basic salary usually enter the army with ordinary WAEC and nothing more.

Those ones earning between 80k - 150k as basic salary will be going home with at least 150 - 280k if u add their allowances....so they are very well paid.

The people that need their pay reviewed in Nigeria are the Police men not army

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by gidjah(m): 7:27am On Mar 05, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Is it true that once retired as a commissioned senior officer you earn same amount throughout life as if you are serving?
true true
Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by HAH: 7:28am On Mar 05, 2016
Stalwert:
Does this excludes allowance? It is quite low. Unfortunately the world is built on weird rationales the more risky and stressful your job is the less your pay seem to be.

What is quite low, when a secondary school drop out that get recruited almost same salary as a level. Graduate level 8 officer in a ministry

Beside this salary is called consolidated that means inclusive of everything unless you refer to allowance as the honorariums

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? by NemzySeries(m): 7:30am On Mar 05, 2016
phemmyutd:

Army
Corporal earns N58,000
Sergeant earns N63,000

Commissioned Officers
Lieutenant- N180,000
Captain- N220,000
Major- N300,000
Lt. Colonel- N350,000
Colonel- N550,000
Major General- N950,000
Lt. General- N1 million
General- N1.5 million
Salary?..
fankz bro but pls di u avda of dnigerian airforce?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here / Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.