Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? (32626 Views)

Is Jamb Really Adding 40 Marks For The Candidates? / Jamb Reducing/removing Their 40 Marks / When JAMB Adds 40 Marks To Your Initial Score(hilarious Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
JOACHINpedro:
they did nt only cheat 27/29th most candidates that wrote on 1,2,3th were equally cheated dnt knw abt 4th. This is serious
how were March1,2 nd 3 candidates cheated? Cos I also write ma exam on 3
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by amtaken(f): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
May God forgive you.

I bet you were still in kindergarten when I was called to the Nigerian Bar.

adebayor1490:
cos as em add d 40 mks,ur score come reach 200+ nd e no reach that amount b4,abi?
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Sman37(m): 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
The truth is
it was not every body were given 40 marks cus i my self i sat for jamb on 2 march 2016 time 6:30am and i did not see any free additional 40mrk to my total scores oh
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by ejomsuccess(m): 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Vanpascore:
JAMB'S ADDITIONAL 40 MARKS, A BONUS OR COMPENSATION?

Hello nairalanders, especially those writing the ongoing UTME, the parents and the concerned citizens. Most of us must have seen or heard about the change that happened to the scores of those who wrote their exams on the 27th and 29th, i.e the 1st and 2nd days of the ongoing utme exam. I argued it when a friend told me that 40 marks have been added to his brother's earlier released score. Besides, what about very high scores obtained in some subjects? Imagine a candidate who had 95% in Geography! Also, here on nairaland, a screen shot showed a candidate who scored 399 over 400 in JAMB! Those who wrote UME under Salim will understand better. My questions about this additional mark are:
1. What happened to the first released result?
2. Were those who wrote after d first 2 days also given this additional mark?
3. What is the fate of those who are yet to write theirs? Will they have additional marks or deductions?
4. Can we say JAMB made mistake? If yes, it means JAMB's competency should be examined by another exam body. This is so because if mistake is to be made, should it be from evaluators?
With varying marks, what level of reliability or validity can one place these scores? As an educationist, who specialized in curriculum development and evaluation, i am begining to doubt JAMB because the 40 marks added after the initial release of result were uncalled for. Some said it is bonus while to others, it is just to compensate the candidates because of what they experienced with system in the exam hall.
Jamb should remark or reschedule the exam, we don't need their 40marks, it still don't match up
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by ebenholer(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
Na bonus, failure level plenty. Ask most of those who have check their score , they are mostly in d range of 200-280. So if they all fail, who will now be admitted?
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by MissJayne(f): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sman37:
The truth is
it was not every body were given 40 marks cus i my self i sat for jamb on 2 march 2016 time 6:30am and i did not see any free additional 40mrk to my total scores oh

No one mentioned 2nd.
27th to 29th!
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Maccoy1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
CuteDude53:

u can change when change of course and institution is out after d general exam.
u mean when everyone has finish writing thr exams or don't get?
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by JOACHINpedro: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hope dem no go use jamb 4 post utme o.
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by JOACHINpedro: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2016
adebayor1490:
how were March1,2 nd 3 candidates cheated? Cos I also write ma exam on 3
the score dy gave to me is nt smth to write home abt..i deserved beta ni,nd d course sef wey i apply na anoda wahala Med/surg
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
dannyfillz:
This is one of the reasons why ui never values high score in jamb, with minimum score of 200 u have the same chance with those with 250 above.

shey all those candidates that didnt put in effort but were favoured by jamb with high grades, more than us. They will once again prove themselves at UI's post utme. Thank God their admission processes are transparent.
Re: Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
JOACHINpedro:
the score dy gave to me is nt smth to write home abt..i deserved beta ni,nd d course sef wey i apply na anoda wahala Med/surg
kai...... U wrote one 3?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Madu Stephanie Gets Straight A's In Her WAEC Result (Photos) / UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike / Which English Words Do You Find Difficult Spelling Or Pronouncing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.