Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai (24634 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 9jaclicktivist: 3:37am On Mar 05, 2016
Gov. Nasir El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State said on Friday that the government, Bank of Industry, business tycoon Aliko Dangote and some states will acquire the Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Ltd (PAN).
El-Rufa’i who said this during the state’s special day at the ongoing 37th Kaduna International Trade Fair, named the other states as Katsina, Kebbi and Jigawa.
He said a proposal to acquire the majority shares of the company had already been submitted to Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON).
According to him, the step is part of efforts to revive ailing industries in the state to provide huge employment opportunities to the teeming unemployed youths in the region and Kaduna State in particular.
He said that PAN, a critical partner in Kaduna State industrial history, had gone down from assembling 90,000 cars per annum to merely 200 a year.
“Our hope is that when we acquire the majority share of the company, we will restructure it to operate to full capacity of assembling between 90,000 and 100,000 cars yearly.
“We have the support of PAN as well as the government of France in this drive.
“We are determined to bring back all industries related to Peugeot established in Kaduna as part of plans to ensure that every youth in Kaduna State has something doing,” he said.
The governor added that his administration had created more than 120,000 jobs in nine months, “but it is not enough; we have to work harder considering the number of unemployed youths in the state”.
He added that plans were underway to revive textile industries in the state.
He said that Kaduna used to be the Manchester of Nigeria because of the concentration of textile industries in the state.
He, however, said that all the textile companies had closed down except two that were operating skeletal services.
“Kaduna State Government is committed to the revival of not only the textile industries, but the entire cotton, textile and garment value chain in the state in our development strategy,” he added.
El-Rufai also said that as part of effort to revive the agricultural sector, the state government would soon enter an agreement with a company to enable the state become a poultry hub in sub Saharan Africa.
“We are also making arrangement with another company to establish the largest fertiliser storage facility in the country in Kaduna to ensure that our farmers have access to fertiliser.
“The commissioner for commerce is currently negotiating with a foreign company that is interested in establishing a fertiliser plant in Kaduna,” El-Rufa’i said.
On mining, the governor said that artisan miners would be organised into cooperatives to streamline all mining activities in the state to tackle illegal mining.

He commended the organisers of the trade fair, the Kaduna Chambers of Commerce, Mines, Industries and Agriculture (KADCCIMA), for bringing captain of commerce and industries to the state.
He promised to work with KADCCIMA to ensure a better outing in the 2017 edition.
President of KADCCIMA, Dr Abdul Bello, said that the fair’s theme, “Promoting solid minerals sector for sustainable economic development,” enabled stakeholders to brainstorm on the way forward due to current economic challenges.
Bello added that the theme was deliberately chosen to complement and support the genuine aspiration of the current government for a robust diversification of the national economy.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the trade fair which began on Feb. 25, will end on March 6. (NAN)
http://telltimes..com/2016/03/kaduna-dangote-boi-others-to-acquire.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Siberia101: 3:48am On Mar 05, 2016
Nice One Governor, exactly what Nigeria needs now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 05, 2016
I wish we can replicate same down south. I won't be surprised if Peugeot is adopted eventually as the official car of government official

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by pacino26(m): 4:47am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:
I wish we ran replicate same down south. I won't be surprised if Peugeot is adopted eventually as the official car of government official

ANAMMCO & INNOSSON already exists down south. Patronage and policy should be our drive. True our brothers up north enjoy some kind of monopoly but it's all part of a grand design to save the economy.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by pacino26(m): 4:47am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:
I wish we ran replicate same down south. I won't be surprised if Peugeot is adopted eventually as the official car of government official

ANAMMCO & INNOSSON already exists down south. Patronage and policy should be our drive. True our brothers up north enjoy some kind of monopoly but it's all part of a grand design to save the economy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 05, 2016
pacino26:

Both to me are not aggressive in their marketing and that's the most important part of business. Some peeps can literally make you buy poo with proper marketing.

With dangote involved in PAN, I see the North exporting cars to the south

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 05, 2016
And that was how innoson was kicked back to relegation.

14 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by englishmart(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
Buhari, weldone o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by slap1(m): 6:38am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmm... Instead of making Innoson bigger. undecided
Innoson nwanne m gbado anya o!

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 05, 2016
Just here to read how some people will blame buhari and the northern oligarchy for conniving together to sabotage Innoson.and i am like WTF

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Sunnycliff(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2016
So the midget, dwarf and zombie El Rufai thinks that his selfishness will not surface in handling PAN?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by mccoy47(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2016
Peugeot?
Thats like assembling Nokia! grin

Why not toyota or even Honda!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 05, 2016
phantonce:
And that was how innoson was kicked back to relegation.

A lot of Nigerians till this day are totally oblivious of northern agenda. As soon as they saw Innoson getting media spotlight and possible patronage...cash going into SE, they met and agreed to stop this Igbo man immediately. A northern billionaire will champion the cause...Dangote. Expect Dangote vs Ibeto scenario to play out...using government connection to stifle Innoson like they did to Ibeto. One Nigeria for you!

You may ask...why do I think like this? Well from experience, it happened to Ibeto.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by 175(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2016
Time for the Southern Govs to invest in Innoson. Or better still patronise the shi.t outta IVM motors.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by MissingBudget: 6:41am On Mar 05, 2016
Innoson has put fear in them. Now they will ressurect PAN and make it their official car. Imagine if Innoson were Dangote, government would have banned importation of cars completely because of him.

Every local government in Imo State has at least two Innoson vehicles. I urge other South East governors to patronize Innoson products. I bet the rise of Innoson is the major reason for calling Dangote to invest in PAN. The same thing happened to Ibeto and Slok Airways...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by tonyx4x44(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Dangote will definitely make those cars the norm...

that is one business tycoon.

... El Rufai is working, but I'm sure 80% of the state hate him already, same thing when he was minister of the FCT. You hate him while he's there but thank him when he's gone

11 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kingarizona1(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Welcome Development
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by kingdompropty: 6:44am On Mar 05, 2016
I am loving this. Hope it is not to check Innoson's recent achievement.

Anything that will make Nigeria better I am in it. The Ndigbo is good at marketing and I encourage Innoson to trying hijacking the African market.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by tonyx4x44(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2016
slap1:
Hmm... Instead of making Innoson bigger. undecided
Innoson nwanne m gbado anya o!

Innoson need to sign more partnership, get bigger, and seek support from state government.

Every good needs competition to ensure the keep developing

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by NaLaugh: 6:44am On Mar 05, 2016
Dangote steady making moves.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by MissingBudget: 6:47am On Mar 05, 2016
tonyx4x44:

Innoson need to sign more partnership, get bigger, and seek support from state government.

Every good needs competition to ensure the keep developing

He just signed with Sterling Bank. I believe he knows what is right but it may not be as easy as we make it seem, given that he may not be that politically connected. But I think he's making some progress now.

10 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
kingdompropty:
I am loving this. Hope it is not to check Innoson's recent achievement.

Anything that will make Nigeria better I am in it. The Ndigbo is good at marketing and I encourage Innoson to trying hijacking the African market.

Don't be surprised if they prevent Innoson from even exporting but allow PAN to export.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Sunymoore(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
Cool.. That's a good progress..
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by xreal: 6:49am On Mar 05, 2016
tobimillar:
I wish we can replicate same down south. I won't be surprised if Peugeot is adopted eventually as the official car of government official

as it was then.

But can these officials leave Lexus, Toyota Prados and M class Benz for Peugeot?

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 05, 2016
MissingBudget:
Innoson has put fear in them. Now they will ressurect PAN and make it their official car. Imagine if Innoson were Dangote, government would have banned importation of cars completely because of him.

Every local government in Imo State has at least two Innoson vehicles. I urge other South East governors to patronize Innoson products. I bet the rise of Innoson is the major reason for calling Dangote to invest in PAN. The same thing happened to Ibeto and Slok Airways...

Exactly...I love people who can reason.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by ifeelgood: 6:51am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God for bringing Elrufai to rescue Kaduna from Namadina and Yero (Yaro).

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by TeamSimple(m): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2016
I hope it creates more room for employment..Nice move.
Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by olaiya2007(m): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2016
We'll get there

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
pacino26:

INNOSEN should move away from one man business mentality. He should go public or ask all d south east states to buy atleast 40% shares. This will guarantee patronage and d business will grow. If el rufai and nothern states buys PAN, INNOSEN growth will be slowed if he does allow the public and state govt tp buy its share.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 05, 2016
tuale4u:

[s]INNOSEN should move away from one man business mentality. He should go public or ask all d south east states to buy atleast 40% shares. This will guarantee patronage and d business will grow. If el rufai and nothern states buys PAN, INNOSEN growth will be slowed if he does allow the public and state govt tp buy its share.[/s]

Yoruba thinking. One man business is the hallmark of Igbo entrepreneurship. We don't do shares like yoruba.

Did Innoson tell you that he needs help with money? He is going at calculated pace...he knows what he is doing!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by BE811APP: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2016
Nice one...
d coy seems dead...

Dangote go soon buy everything in dis country... cool

1 Like

Re: Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai by bonechamberlain(m): 6:54am On Mar 05, 2016
once this happens watch how innoson motors would be killed. dangote cannot stand competition,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before You Take A Business Loan, Make Sure You Know The Answer To This Question / Excess Fresh Tomatoes Floods Calabar Markets / Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.