Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,707 members, 7,855,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? (455 Views)

Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Nnamdi Kanu Addressed As ‘his Excellency, President Of Biafra’ In Kuje Prison / President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? by TobennaOkoli: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2016
I am just a curious youth that feels that my government is not transparent enough for my understanding, and so I am asking, in high hopes that you please give me an answer to my question or at least a way to approach thinking about it. Thank you as you answer smiley God bless you.
Re: Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? by ayindejimmy(m): 10:50am On Mar 05, 2016
Pressing issues like what exactly? Can u b specific? Whats ur definition of 'pressing issues?'
Re: Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? by TobennaOkoli: 11:01am On Mar 05, 2016
ayindejimmy:
Pressing issues like what exactly? Can u b specific? Whats ur definition of 'pressing issues?'
I realised my question was quite vague, please give me some time to restructure it and ask again. Thank you for replying.
Re: Why Are Pressing Issues Not Being Addressed By The Nigerian Government? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2016
TobennaOkoli:
I am just a curious youth that feels that my government is not transparent enough for my understanding, and so I am asking, in high hopes that you please give me an answer to my question or at least a way to approach thinking about it. Thank you as you answer smiley God bless you.
You mean like the Fulani fun ride? The issue is simply lack of love for the entity but love for your tribe and faith. It's easy for the President to assume what is happening is not really what is being reported and demand an investigation but difficult to assume the same thing with the IPOB because it's not really his tribesmen or of similar faith. It's not just him it happens with every one of us in this entity called Nigeria. Only few Nigerians will do it differently.

Or do you mean the reason for the corruption in our system and how it's been tackled? That too is another pity. As long as the source of any monster is left untouched it will always spring more monsters. Stealing does not make us corrupt but we steal because we are corrupt. The corruption of the mind is the stem of every evil. But our leaders fight the evil but leave the mind behind.

Above all is Patriotism. A country is not backward because it exhibits monetary corruption. No. Corruption does not stop countries from industrialization only the lack of love for that country makes it possible. A boy may steal his fathers money but if he loves his father and family so much he will invest it to feed or heal them. Patriotism is what we need and not necessarily the war on monetary corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Renames Uniosun, Other Institutions In The State / Army Arrest Three Big Boko Haram Suppliers In Cameroon / Corruption & Wastage: Buhari And Jonathan, At A Glance. Fact Is Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.