Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos (30825 Views)

Drunk Policemen Cause Accident In Uyo, Many Injured (Photos) / Police Officers Cause Accident In Imo State (Disturbing Photos) / Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by thorpido(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
I don't know how they make cars nowadays.They look like cardboard.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Iwonttell(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Video or i dont belive it
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
CastedDude:
Two vehicles were smashed after being involved in an accident in the early hours of today in Lagos. According to a witness, the horrible accident was caused due to over speeding of one of the drivers -which may be attributed to excessive drinking. One of the cars which landed in a ditch after the crash -was seriously destroyed. The condition of the drivers is yet to be known.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/03/see-horrible-accident-which-happened.html

Very very nice, not one undented panel on the bimmer.

All these maroons that buy these fast cars for Nigerian roads. I'm pretty certain he hit a pothole/bump at speed, pulled out some suspension/steering links and the rest is history.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by fart: 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good. Shey the person has stopped rushing
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by DBossNG(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
God have mercy!
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Godsate: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
What kill people in most of the time is when you are overjoyed and you didn't allow the spirit of God to be in control when you are filled with joy.

The be one of them is coming from night party.

May God help them.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
Damn! That's a Beemer lipsrsealed
Hope they get well soon o. The offending driver must have been clubbing.
Again...that's a beemer angry

No, it's not.

BMW Cars = Bimmers
BMW Motorcycles = Beemers
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
thorpido:
I don't know how they make cars nowadays.They look like cardboard.

Actually what you wrongly considered as cardboard is why they mostly didn't die.

Modern cars have crush zones now. The absorb the impact by deforming instead of transferring that energy to the occupants on the inside.

Have no doubt that this was a very high speed accident hence the immense damage to the vehicle.

They should be thankful that they were in a BMW and not in a Hyundai or something of lesser quality.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by thorpido(m): 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Actually what you wrongly considered as cardboard is why they mostly didn't die.

Modern cars have crush zones now. The absorb the impact by deforming instead of transferring that energy to the occupants on the inside.

Have no doubt that this was a very high speed accident hence the immense damage to the vehicle.

They should be thankful that they were in a BMW and not in a Hyundai or something of lesser quality.
Hmmm.The high impact will still crush the occupants and most times the cars are irreparable.
I guess absorbing the impact by deforming saves more lives.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
thorpido:
Hmmm.The high impact will still crush the occupants and most times the cars are irreparable.
I guess absorbing the impact by deforming saves more lives.

No, the high impact will not always crush the occupants. Look at this accident for example, we have not heard of any casualty. Also even though Princess Diana died from not wearing a seatbelt in the back seat but the front occupant survived.

A car being destroyed in an accident is not a concern in developed countries and is to be expected where these car was designed for because the insurance company will replace it.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by edoyaK276: 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
VickyRotex:
Eleda mi o shocked
I pray they survive it.
Amen ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by godwin120alex: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
Speed is not good
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by lonelydora: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Mehn, this guy don crash his BMW. Choi......
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Abee79(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
BMW
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Emilo247(f): 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmmmm..too bad
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by thorpido(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

No, the high impact will not always crush the occupants. Look at this accident for example, we have not heard of any casualty. Also even though Princess Diana died from not wearing a seatbelt in the back seat but the front occupant survived.

A car being destroyed in an accident is not a concern in developed countries and is to be expected where these car was designed for because the insurance company will replace it.
I see what you're saying.Preserving the lives of the occupants is more important than the loss of the car.In developed countries,the cars can easily be replaced.I guess I was looking at it from the position of a car owner here
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
thorpido:
I see what you're saying.Preserving the lives of the occupants is more important than the loss of the car.In developed countries,the cars can easily be replaced.I guess I was looking at it from the position of a car owner here

An interesting point.

So I wonder if Nigerian Insurance companies offer full replacement value for accidents like this?

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by iyaegin: 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
I would not be surprised if this accident occurred on the lekki Epe express, it's like there is a spirit of racing on that road that just makes people overspeed unnecessarily...
Hope there was no casualty anyway....
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by thorpido(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

An interesting point.

So I wonder if Nigerian Insurance companies offer full replacement value for accidents like this?
I'm yet to see someone who got a full value.Some insurance companies pay(usually with a lot of pressure) but what they pay must be a percentage.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
Omo X6 don kpangolo so o!! shocked....12milla
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Rhea(f): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
[size=18pt]See how they wrecked the grass and the soil because they were drunk. Poor grass and soil. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by VickyRotex(f): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
akinszz:
Even if dey survive it they can't be the same again.

Yea true though. But I do hope they survive it.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by shamecurls(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
If its a BMW X6, Some cars re worth dying inside
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by zynzyn(m): 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2016
Too much i be expert driving!

Even when they are drunk!! SEE?!! cry
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by euniselfyahoo: 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Be careful next time, speeding kills.
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by firearm1: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Accident occurred on Lekki Ajah expressway. The BMW is currently at Jakande first gate on the right if coming from the 4th roundabout.

Boys gotta be careful. There is always a serious accident on that road Saturday early hours
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 06, 2016
VickyRotex:
Eleda mi o shocked

I pray they survive it.

undecided undecided alabosi
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by VickyRotex(f): 4:52am On Mar 06, 2016
searchiing4love:

undecided undecided alabosi

Ki lo man worry e gan na angry
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 06, 2016
VickyRotex:

Ki lo man worry e gan na angry

kinla ni undecided
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by tickles2luv2016(m): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2016
Ise ki pa eeyan,ayo lo n pa eeyan
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by VickyRotex(f): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2016
searchiing4love:

kinla ni undecided

Smh!!!
Re: Excessive Speeding Cause Accident In Lagos - Photos by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2016
VickyRotex:

Smh!!!

olobo fife undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

GIGM: Commuters Lament Over Poor Service, Unprofessional Staff / FAAN Releases Statement On The Man Who caused a scare At Airport today / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.