Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. (595 Views)

Private Universities Should Stop Offering Healthcare Courses In Nigeria !!! / See Hw They Are Calculating Ur Jamb Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
OPINION: Universities should neglect aspirants jamb scores. And just use the post ume score of candidates to process their admission.

I will be brief because I'm in pains and can no longer harbor my disheartening thoughts. As it happened. On 27th march 2016, I wrote my Jamb examination after a successful series of entrance examinations. The atmosphere of the exam hall was very much conducive and the jamb officials were very cool and friendly, everybody was in high spirit for the much awaited exam. Fast forward, we were told to type in our reg number and everybody focused on their system.

The first subject I began with was English, its questions were extremely easy because majority of them were extracted from series of previous past questions. So I answered all the questions without skipping any of 'em.

The second subject I wrote was physics, as usual physics was the reason why I chose to be a science student, theoretically and practically it was and is still my best subject. I solved the mathematical aspects of it and their answers to it were always dancing on the options. Questions that didn't contain calculation in physics was like bonus for me. After writing English and physics, I was glad.

Then the almighty Maths yet very friendly. Maths like we all know it has its formulas, most of the questions were easy since it was culled from past questions. I wrote maths in high spirit got most of my answers before checking the options to confirm. It was very good but not as good as English and physics.

Chemistry. Ok, I'm not that good in chemistry but I can still be able to get my pass mark on it like I always did. I finished chemistry and was pleased.

The next day, I didn't receive any text message from jamb, I didn't take it serious because I know that I can still check it online. Later that day I went to check it at a nearby cyber-cafe, to my surprise my score was and is still 184.

Use of englsh: 46
Mathematics:48
Physics:52
Chemistry:38

JAMB WHAT DID I DO?? I may not be the only student that this kind of fate has befallen. Jamb why? After the sleepless nights... *sobs*

Some of my friends I use to tutor on physics and maths scored higher than me. JAMB WHY

I'm calling upon every well meaning educationist in Nigeria, ministry of education, even the National assembly. To com to our rescue.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by ClassCaptain(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oga o
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by RexKexMilann: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2016
How many JAMB threads Lalasticlala wan push go front-page Ni?undecided
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
RexKexMilann:
How many JAMB threads Lalasticlala wan push go front-page Ni?undecided
haha, no be season of jamb we dey so? Jamb is trending.
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by ChyNnel: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Get admission as transfer student to accredited and affordable universities in Cotonou, Benin republic. For more info, please contact on 58F8C9A1
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by fabfunmi(f): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
dibu is just as useless as the ay in okay...imagine me getting 224.. all is well sha....
Re: OPINION: Universities Should Neglect Aspirants Jamb Scores. by darkenkach(m): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
[Nigeria don't have a house Parliament.

(1) (Reply)

Study In UK: University Of Westminster International Scholarships (free Tuition / The Left Side Of Your Brain Controls The Timing And Rhythm Of Your Body. / A Kogi State Student Caught Sleeping With Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.