Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

‘omo Onile’ : Popular Property Developer, Tomori Williams In Land-grabbing Scand - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘omo Onile’ : Popular Property Developer, Tomori Williams In Land-grabbing Scand (1249 Views)

The Arrest Of Hacker, Doctor Michael Williams: Nigerians React / Dr. Williams Michael, The Hacker: "I Can Pull N1bn From Any Bank In Nigeria" / Property Developer Bags 2,670 Years In Prison For Duping 133 Tenants Of N25m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘omo Onile’ : Popular Property Developer, Tomori Williams In Land-grabbing Scand by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
*He said he has the backing of Bola Tinubu – Akerele

*He threatened to kill us if we don’t vacate the premises of the property – Tenants

Mrs Olufunke Akerele, a property owner in Yaba area of Lagos, has accused the Oloto Royal Family of Lagos Mainland of threats to her life over a landed property she acquired 15 years ago.

Akerele, owner of two plots of land in the area, alleged that she had received several death threats from Otunba Tomori Williams, a Property Developer turned land grabber in the same area.

Akerele told Echo News Online that she originally bought the land from one Ayoola Olutufese in 2001 as a Free Hold property adding that she never had dealings with the Oloto royal family upon purchase of the land.

“In 2001, I paid a sum of N250, 000 to the representatives of Oloto Royal family in order to commence construction on the site.

“Although in 2007, one Alhaji Yaqub Ishola took me to the Lagos High court to contend the ownership of the land. Ayoola was with me in court all through the period and I won the case which was presided over by Justice Abiru,” she said.

Akerele, a two-time Councillor in Yaba Local Government, explained to Echo News Online that on December 15, 2015, Tomori Williams led a group of hoodlums, armed with guns, machetes, and other dangerous weapons, to her compound and threatened everyone in the house while she was away on a trip.

oloto
Sign post erected by Tomori Williams on the property
Williams, who claims to have the backing of former governor of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, allegedly gave Akerele an ultimatum to vacate her property, adding that he had been given the power of attorney by the Oloto royal family to seize properties in the area.

“When I returned from the trip in January, 2016, I contacted my lawyers, Jide Zahid and Co. and my husband, a civil servant with the Federal Ministry of Defense in Abuja to wade into the matter.

“My lawyer advised that I should not release any of my documents to
Tomori or any other person. We have since begun proceedings to take
the matter to court.’’

In a chat with the Managing Partner of the law firm, Jide Zaid , Echo News Online gathered that the disputed land had valid documents as a proof of ownership.

oloto2
A letter from the Oloto Royal Family demanding for the documents of Mrs Akerele’s property documents
The two plots of land have both first and second title; “1st Property Title: No. MO8023 also known as plot 111, 2nd Property Titled: MO8024 otherwise known as Plot 109.”

He also provided a copy of the letter sent to the Oloto Royal family which was addressed to the Secretary, warning them to desist from the land.

The letter titled; “Unlawful Trespass and Threat to Life in Respect of Free Hold Property at No. 7 Joseph Harrison Street, Onike Yaba reads:

“We hasten to inform you that our client is the lawful owner of the freehold Title situate, lying and being at No. 7, Joseph Harrison Street, Onike Yaba Lagos and it is a notorious fact that all plots of land along Joseph Harrison/Afolabi Ayorinde Street corridor are duly REGISTERED FREEHOLD TITLES within Da Costa Layout as shown on the Original Survey Plan No. JJ234/66B made by Late Mr. J.J. Medeiros, a licensed Surveyor on 13th June 1966.”

“In the circumstance, we have the instruction of our client to warn you to desist, henceforth from further acts of trespass on our client’s as we shall not hesitate to set in motion the necessary civil and criminal processes aimed at curtailing your excesses and obtaining the necessary remedies available to our client in law court.”

lawyer
He also noted that a letter was sent to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, State Criminal Investigation Department at Panti, Adekunle in Yaba area, to report the matter, adding that both letters were acknowledged but no response has been received so far.

A tenant of the said property, Taiwo Azeez, who has spent four years on the property, said Williams, an ‘Omo Onile’ (land grabber) had become a terror in the area to landlords in the area.

Another occupant, Eze Maureen, who runs a Pure Water factory in the compound said she decided to relocate her business after receiving death threats from Williams and his hoodlums.

“This situation is no longer safe for my business and to receive death threats is a serious matter. My landlady has been a kind woman to me and we have never had any issues with her and we never doubted if she originally owns the land or not,” she said.

Letter from Mrs Akerele's lawyer to the Oloto Royal Family
Letter from Mrs Akerele’s lawyer to the Oloto Royal Family
“We have been occupying this space for over six years now and we have never experienced any hitches over this property until recently when the Omo Oniles threatened to evict us.’’

Efforts made by our Correspondent to reach Williams, on the matter however proved abortive, as was said to be away on an assignment.

News Credit : Echo News Online
www.echonewsonline.com

Re: ‘omo Onile’ : Popular Property Developer, Tomori Williams In Land-grabbing Scand by aftergod(m): 2:27am On Mar 06, 2016
NEW YEAR PROMO,OWN A PIECE OF LAND IN ANY PART OF NIGERIA@ABC GARDENS at this locations sango ifo phase3 ilogbo ,sango ifo phase2 sojuolu,sango ifo phase 1 okenla lamula,ewekoro itori phase 2 otan ota phase one. Ajibowo one ajibawo onse with c of o ,atan ota phase two sokoto road,agbowa ikorodu,agbara,lekki ajah,ofada owode phase1 owode road,ofada owode phase 2,abeokuta ita -oshin,kuje abuja,agbiaka tanke ilorin,some of this properties are 200000,300000,400000,450000,600000,5525000,700000,800000,if you are paying at ones for this. Properties.but you can pay for this properties installmentally,within 20month,for this for information call mr samuel obona number 08144377400,09093887939

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Brothers Charged For Stabbing A Young Father To Death In London. / Nigerian Soldiers Allegedly Force Lady To Pull Camouflage She Wore (photo) / Prominent Gay Rights Lawyer Sets Himself On Fire In Protest Suicide(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.