Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Thank God Jonathan Lost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God Jonathan Lost (915 Views)

Jonathan Lost The 2015 Presidential Elections Because Of The South East / Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God Jonathan Lost by Buchi001: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
On March 28 2015, I did not vote, not because I did not want to, or didn’t have a voter’s card, but because I was too broke to travel from Keffi to Gwagwalada where I registered and voted in April 2011. When news of the historic phone call filtered in on the evening of March 31st 2015, which incidentally was my birthday, it was a mixture of feelings. On one hand I was grateful that something significant had changed in Nigerian politics forever, but on the other hand, the man I was rooting for, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan had just lost and I was heartbroken.

Today however, I’m even more grateful that Jonathan never won the elections, because Nigeria indeed may have collapsed afterwards not because we as a nation could not have handled whatever manner of outbursts, outflows or aftermath that would have proceeded a result in the favour of the PDP, but simply because of what we Nigerian would never have agreed to or believed if Jonathan were still president of Nigeria.

We would never have believed that the free fall of the naira against the dollar today is largely an economic issue, a direct result of the falling price of crude oil in the international market. The APC would have convinced us that it is because the administration is clueless or on autopilot and that if their candidate had won, he would have easily equaled the naira to the dollar by now.

We would never have believed that insurgency would still be existing in Nigeria, or that the Chibok girls would still be missing, Lai Mohammed, the APC and indeed millions of Nigerians would have been absolutely sure that it was because Jonathan was weak or inexperienced and lacks a military background and the APC would have been sure that their candidate would have written off all these wrongs by now.

If Jonathan were still president of Nigeria, no one, absolutely no one (especially in the north) would have believed that the Nigerian army was provoked on the day that Shiites were massacred in Zaria. The likes of el-Rufai and Adamu Ciroma would have been living at The Hague by now, in the name of protesting the massacre of Muslims. But since there was no Christian president or Christian Chief of Army Staff from Rivers or Abia state to politicize, the catastrophe moved from being classified as category 1 – “an attack on the north” to no category at all, at best, a simple and Sunni and Shia feud.

Who would have believed that Mohammadu Buhari actually has a certificate in his army file or that the budget was not actually missing, who? Who would have had the tolerance to listen? We all would have been sure that President Buhari never finished basic education or also that the
http://www.mybeautifulnigeria.com/thank-god-jonathan-lost/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God Jonathan Lost by NaijaCuzin: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
Buchi001:
On March 28 2015, I did not vote, not because I did not want to, or didn’t have a voter’s card, but because I was too broke to travel from Keffi to Gwagwalada where I registered and voted in April 2011. When news of the historic phone call filtered in on the evening of March 31st 2015, which incidentally was my birthday, it was a mixture of feelings. On one hand I was grateful that something significant had changed in Nigerian politics forever, but on the other hand, the man I was rooting for, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan had just lost and I was heartbroken.

Today however, I’m even more grateful that Jonathan never won the elections, because Nigeria indeed may have collapsed afterwards not because we as a nation could not have handled whatever manner of outbursts, outflows or aftermath that would have proceeded a result in the favour of the PDP, but simply because of what we Nigerian would never have agreed to or believed if Jonathan were still president of Nigeria.

We would never have believed that the free fall of the naira against the dollar today is largely an economic issue, a direct result of the falling price of crude oil in the international market. The APC would have convinced us that it is because the administration is clueless or on autopilot and that if their candidate had won, he would have easily equaled the naira to the dollar by now.

We would never have believed that insurgency would still be existing in Nigeria, or that the Chibok girls would still be missing, Lai Mohammed, the APC and indeed millions of Nigerians would have been absolutely sure that it was because Jonathan was weak or inexperienced and lacks a military background and the APC would have been sure that their candidate would have written off all these wrongs by now.

If Jonathan were still president of Nigeria, no one, absolutely no one (especially in the north) would have believed that the Nigerian army was provoked on the day that Shiites were massacred in Zaria. The likes of el-Rufai and Adamu Ciroma would have been living at The Hague by now, in the name of protesting the massacre of Muslims. But since there was no Christian president or Christian Chief of Army Staff from Rivers or Abia state to politicize, the catastrophe moved from being classified as category 1 – “an attack on the north” to no category at all, at best, a simple and Sunni and Shia feud.

Who would have believed that Mohammadu Buhari actually has a certificate in his army file or that the budget was not actually missing, who? Who would have had the tolerance to listen? We all would have been sure that President Buhari never finished basic education or also that the
http://www.mybeautifulnigeria.com/thank-god-jonathan-lost/
nice post but which side are you :\

#iStandwithBuhari

1 Like

Re: Thank God Jonathan Lost by emekamn(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
I'm affraid GEJ wears a confused look more often than not. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank God Jonathan Lost by mightyhazel: 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bleep dem both! Buhari and jonathan! I didt vote cos I didt hav a candidate.

5 Likes

Re: Thank God Jonathan Lost by Aufbauh(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Panamapapers And CCT Revelations: Senate President Saraki Must Go Now - MURIC / Kaduna State Government Led By Apc Has Failed / Shocking!Nigerian Man Went To Ikeja, Lagos To Buy Phone & This Happened(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.