Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

Domestic Violence In Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Domestic Violence In Islam (2699 Views)

Pastor Chris Prays Against Those Behind Violence In Our Country [Video] / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament? / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Domestic violence is a common thing in most homes today, be it a christian home, muslim home, bhudist home, hindu home, etc. There is no people of any religion thats is excluded from domestic violence, especially against the women.

However, what makes islamic domestic violence different is that, while other faith does not specifically sanctioned domestic violence against women, the islamic faith does. I know this will surprise and embarass many muslims, but that is the truth. We will consider the quranic verse(s) and al-hadith that sanctioned domestic violence against women.

In quran 4:34, muslims are enjoined to punish their wife if\when they misbehave. In fact part of the punishment recommended is beating (some western quranic versions render it beating lightly, what is the parameter to measure the extent or effect of beating?). And as usual, many muslim apologist will argue that mohammed never beat or hit any of his wives. However the alhadith below showed that bodily harm to women, in order to correct them, is perfectly acceptable in islam:

Sahih Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women (muslim women)'" Muhammad's own wife complained of the abuse that the women of her religion suffered relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's fathers- in-law (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.
These are few alhadith that serve as a guide to how muslim men can discipline their disobedient wives.

In the western world, a husband merely hitting his wife can land him in jail but in a muslim world, wife-beating in part of the sunnah of the prophet and perfectly acceptable. As a matter of fact, an abusive husband can never go to jail in a country like saudi arabia or Iran. Why is this so It is in the quran and the hadith.

We, as decent and normal human, must not allow the culture of the arabs dictate the relationship we must have with our wives. Women, in the bible, are described as 'weaker vessels' and anything weak or fragile must be handled with care and respect.

Of course some women are sturborn and can make a man lose his temper, however a religious book must not sanction wife-beating the way islamic religious books do, it is immoral and unacceptable in a civilize and decent society. There are many ways of correcting an insurbordinating wife without physically harming her. What if it is the man that is the problem in the house, should the woman also beat the man for him to behave?

Men should show love and care for their wives and not follow the quranic advise of wife-bearing or the sunnah of the islamic prophet on how to maltreat a supposedly sturborn wife. Men should know what makes their wife rebelious and maturedly reach a compromise in order to build a happy home and a healthy society.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by preggi(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
This one strong.

Anyway, why single out Islam?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Amiano(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
Waiting for a counter thread

bt d muslims in SW n deir brodas up north dont behave dis same way
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Junior66(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Muslims will never agree with you. Most of them allow their Koran to think for them and will do whatever it prescribes.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Junior66(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
preggi:
This one strong.

Because Islam is the only religion in which wife beating is expresslly reccomended.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Junior66:

Because Islam is the only religion in which wife beating is expresslly reccomended.
Kudos for your great comprehension skill.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
Wow! This piece is for women in islam. Women in islam are slaves. There was a time that the Islamic scholars from Palestine stated that God made mistake for creating women that they satanic in nature. No wonder they are subjugated and used as sex slaves. All the muslim women are in bondage.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Junior66:
Muslims will never agree with you. Most of them allow their Koran to think for them and will do whatever it prescribes.

They don't question quran, that is why they are innocent of islam, it is even stated in the quran that they should not question quran but believe it( even when it is full of lies). That is why even the educated among them are gullible of the religion
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
Amiano:
Waiting for a counter thread

bt d muslims in SW n deir brodas up north dont behave dis same way
True muslims must beat their disobedient wives (quran 4:34). It is not what muslims think that is supreme but what the quran instruct.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Annunaki(m): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
proudkafir:
Domestic violence is a common thing in most homes today, be it a christian home, muslim home, bhudist home, hindu home, etc. There is no people of any religion thats is excluded from domestic violence, especially against the women.

However, what makes islamic domestic violence different is that, while other faith does not specifically sanctioned domestic violence against women, the islamic faith does. I know this will surprise and embarass many muslims, but that is the truth. We will consider the quranic verse(s) and al-hadith that sanctioned domestic violence against women.

In quran 4:34, muslims are enjoined to punish their wife if\when they misbehave. In fact part of the punishment recommended is beating (some western quranic versions render it beating lightly, what is the parameter to measure the extent or effect of beating?). And as usual, many muslim apologist will argue that mohammed never beat or hit any of his wives. However the alhadith below showed that bodily harm to women, in order to correct them, is perfectly acceptable in islam:

Sahih Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women (muslim women)'" Muhammad's own wife complained of the abuse that the women of her religion suffered relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's fathers- in-law (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.
These are few alhadith that serve as a guide to how muslim men can discipline their disobedient wives.

In the western world, a husband merely hitting his wife can land him in jail but in a muslim world, wife-beating in part of the sunnah of the prophet and perfectly acceptable. As a matter of fact, an abusive husband can never go to jail in a country like saudi arabia or Iran. Why is this so It is in the quran and the hadith.

We, as decent and normal human, must not allow the culture of the arabs dictate the relationship we must have with our wives. Women, in the bible, are described as 'weaker vessels' and anything weak or fragile must be handled with care and respect.

Of course some women are sturborn and can make a man lose his temper, however a religious book must not sanction wife-beating the way islamic religious books do, it is immoral and unacceptable in a civilize and decent society. There are many ways of correcting an insurbordinating wife without physically harming her. What if it is the man that is the problem in the house, should the woman also beat the man for him to behave?

Men should show love and care for their wives and not follow the quranic advise of wife-bearing or the sunnah of the islamic prophet on how to maltreat a supposedly sturborn wife. Men should know what makes their wife rebelious and maturedly reach a compromise in order to build a happy home and a healthy society.

Tola9ja yourmain come and read this very interesting article smiley
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
Annunaki:

Will they read it? The article does not promote mohammed or islam.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Annunaki:

Very interesting.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
I accepted some of the views that Koran thinks for us and we follow, and this is because we are not invisible or in control, had it been you are in control, you should have found a WAY OR THOUGHT to LIVE TILL ETERNITY AND NOT TO DIE, so I am expecting those that can think on their own to bring a plan on how to be immortal. Secondly on domestic violence, I think the viewers were just too myopic, they have identified one way but what of other ways that you have succeeded in circumventing and singling out wife beating WHY. And again it should be part of the characteristics of a good religion to have prescribed and proscribed REALITY and not to prescribe and proscribed WHAT IS IN LINE WITH YOUR SELFISH AGGRANDISEMENT AND BLIND THOUGHT. Islam says if you fear dissertion between you and your wives, then you ADMONISH them when they misbehave, IF IT'S NOT WORKING then you DISSERT THEM ON BED and if it's not working then You BEAT THEM. these are the beautiful stages before beating, and it goes further to say if they are corrected, then you HANG YOUR MALICE AND APOLOGIZE. All these was just to prevent divorce or grudges, and if really she is a GOOD WIFE she won't fall a victim of the third stage and that is the REALITY, and even if she is to be beaten, scholars have put down a very fair procedure in doing that. Lastly on the hadith you have brought in, they are all misunderstood, and I will indulge you to read the reasons behind the prophets judgment on them, and stop interpreting on surface of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Annunaki(m): 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
proudkafir:
Will they read it? The article does not promote mohammed or islam.

They must read it na, it's the sunnah of mohammed.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Annunaki(m): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
YourMain:

Very interesting.

This is even more interesting smiley

Ephesians 5:25-33

25 Husbands, love your wives , just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Yourmain which would you rather have, a husband that is commanded beat you or a husband that is inspired to love you as he loves himself. smiley
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
Mty4real:
I accepted some of the views that Koran thinks for us and we follow, and this is because we are not invisible or in control, had it been you are in control, you should have found a WAY OR THOUGHT to LIVE TILL ETERNITY AND NOT TO DIE, so I am expecting those that can think on their own to bring a plan on how to be immortal. Secondly on domestic violence, I think the viewers were just too myopic, they have identified one way but what of other ways that you have succeeded in circumventing and singling out wife beating WHY. And again it should be part of the characteristics of a good religion to have prescribed and proscribed REALITY and not to prescribe and proscribed WHAT IS IN LINE WITH YOUR SELFISH AGGRANDISEMENT AND BLIND THOUGHT. Islam says if you fear dissertion between you and your wives, then you ADMONISH them when they misbehave, IF IT'S NOT WORKING then you DISSERT THEM ON BED and if it's not working then You BEAT THEM. these are the beautiful stages before beating, and it goes further to say if they are corrected, then you HANG YOUR MALICE AND APOLOGIZE. All these was just to prevent divorce or grudges, and if really she is a GOOD WIFE she won't fall a victim of the third stage and that is the REALITY, and even if she is to be beaten, scholars have put down a very fair procedure in doing that. Lastly on the hadith you have brought in, they are all misunderstood, and I will indulge you to read the reasons behind the prophets judgment on them, and stop interpreting on surface of it
All I see a write-ups without making any valid point. The quran gave 'endurance' stages before beating your wife and you think beating is the last resort for 'disobedient' wife, thats bad. What if it is the husband that is provoking the wife's rebellion? What protection does the quran give to a woman with an abusive husband? None. But the quran gave the husband the right to punish an erring wife without any sanction to an erring husband. That means islam promotes misogyny.

On the alhadith I quoted, are they fake, weak or fabricated? If not, can you give a better explanations to the actions of your prophet and his sahadas?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Annunaki:

This is even more interesting smiley

Ephesians 5:25-33

25 Husbands, love your wives , just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Yourmain which would you rather have, a husband that is commanded beat you or a husband that is inspired to love you as he loves himself. smiley
Love is unconditional, whether your wife is sturborn or cool-headed. At least a man will have a little knowledge of the temparament of his wife before they get married. A lovely husband doesnt beat his wife and a luvly wife will respect her husband, it is a symbiotic relationship.

In one of the hadith, Aisha, mohammed's youngest wife, said she never saw other women suffer as much as muslim women. That muslim women are really suffering. Who do we believe, Aisha or muslim apologist?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
I am glad you admit that we have someone called a disobedient wife, but what I will now ask you is to bring any other suitable way to treat a disobedient wife apart from these stages prescribed by the Holy book, at least if you are condemning something, then you bring up the better ones so that we can now discuss it and wage it. Again you should stand corrected where you said there is no way of dealing with men too if they misbehaved, indeed we have several ways in dealing with them, some of it is to seek REDRESS in court when she is MALTREATED or NOT MAINTAINED, OR EVEN TIRED OF THE HUSBAND ON SOME OTHER GROUNDS OTHER than THE ONES MENTIONED. Infact Islam came purposely to save them from evil and unjust men and of course you wouldn't expect the Holy book to be silent on that,just pick a topic and let us discuss. Lastly with regards to the hadith, they were misunderstood as I have said, I will like to treat each hadith on its merit, starting with the woman that comes to the prophet complaining that she was beaten by her husband, yes agreed she was beaten and it is only an unreasonable man that will beat without reason, as such the prophet gave her medication, and that is to be SUBMISSIVE to her husband when it comes to SEX. That means she has been denying him SEX all along before he went berserk. And I did not see any reason why you will persistently deny your legal husband of SEX. With regards that of Aisha, the prophet has tried to caution Aisha by leaving a husbands house WITHOUT PERMISSION WILL be unacceptable, as he is the bread winner and leader of the family, or maybe I should ask if it's good to leave husband house without permission. To be continued.....
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
It is also agreed that before marriage, couples would have known each other and habits, but it is also possible that after a long way in marriage, the couples will start what they don't do before perhaps because of longevity in the marriage or otherwise, SO PLEASE WHAT WILL BE THE SOLUTION APART FROM WHAT THE HOLY BOOK HAVE Said. And you cannot support your argument with what jesus have to say, because he is not ELIGIBLE to INTERFERE on marriage affairs as it an established fact that he was not MARRIED
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by analice107: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
proudkafir:
Love is unconditional, whether your wife is sturborn or cool-headed. At least a man will have a little knowledge of the temparament of his wife before they get married. A lovely husband doesnt beat his wife and a luvly wife will respect her husband, it is a symbiotic relationship.

In one of the hadith, Aisha, mohammed's youngest wife, said she never saw other women suffer as much as muslim women. That muslim women are really suffering. Who do we believe, Aisha or muslim apologist?

My dear if you read Wafa Sultan's "A god Who Hates", you will cry for what men in Islam do to women. Satan is so wicked.
What father's do to their own daughters, they rape and get them pregnant, because in that condition no man will marry them, meaning shame for the family, the girls are accused of adultery, the same men who rape them are the same men who shout out adultery then these girls get stoned to death. blood brothers rape their sisters constantly, younger brothers beat their senior sisters any how they like.
It's not just husband's who beat their wives, any man can beat a woman. When that happens, the only responds from men in her family will be, you deserve it, if not he wouldnt have done it. No one will ask you what happen?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Annunaki(m): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
Mty4real:
It is also agreed that before marriage, couples would have known each other and habits, but it is also possible that after a long way in marriage, the couples will start what they don't do before perhaps because of longevity in the marriage or otherwise, SO PLEASE WHAT WILL BE THE SOLUTION APART FROM WHAT THE HOLY BOOK HAVE Said. And you cannot support your argument with what jesus have to say, because he is not ELIGIBLE to INTERFERE on marriage affairs as it an established fact that he was not MARRIED

Honestly your statements here are so embarrassingly idiotic that I don't even know how to start responding to someone whose brain as been fried with seventh century barbaric ideologies. Just read your statements again and ask if it was written with any brains at all.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
With regards to what Aisha said, that shouldn't have been the complete statement of what happened in that hadith, definitely there would be something that happened before she uttered such, with due respect you are mischievous in posting all the hadith, they are not narrated completely and I have gone to check it out, you are quoting some specific part of it without acknowledging all other parts left out, this is just to suit your self and your argument, not until we have read it completely as narrated, that will be mischievous
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by pneumaticos(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
Demmzy15

come ooooh,to see the foolishness of islam displayed
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 4:47am On Mar 07, 2016
Mty4real:
I am glad you admit that we have someone called a disobedient wife, but what I will now ask you is to bring any other suitable way to treat a disobedient wife apart from these stages prescribed by the Holy book, at least if you are condemning something, then you bring up the better ones so that we can now discuss it and wage it. Again you should stand corrected where you said there is no way of dealing with men too if they misbehaved, indeed we have several ways in dealing with them, some of it is to seek REDRESS in court when she is MALTREATED or NOT MAINTAINED, OR EVEN TIRED OF THE HUSBAND ON SOME OTHER GROUNDS OTHER than THE ONES MENTIONED. Infact Islam came purposely to save them from evil and unjust men and of course you wouldn't expect the Holy book to be silent on that,just pick a topic and let us discuss. Lastly with regards to the hadith, they were misunderstood as I have said, I will like to treat each hadith on its merit, starting with the woman that comes to the prophet complaining that she was beaten by her husband, yes agreed she was beaten and it is only an unreasonable man that will beat without reason, as such the prophet gave her medication, and that is to be SUBMISSIVE to her husband when it comes to SEX. That means she has been denying him SEX all along before he went berserk. And I did not see any reason why you will persistently deny your legal husband of SEX. With regards that of Aisha, the prophet has tried to caution Aisha by leaving a husbands house WITHOUT PERMISSION WILL be unacceptable, as he is the bread winner and leader of the family, or maybe I should ask if it's good to leave husband house without permission. To be continued.....
First you lied that your prophet gave the woman, that was seriosly beaten by her husband, medication. You need not lie to drive home a point. The woman came to seek redress from your prophet because she was tired of the man who constantly beat her, she wanted a divorce because she no longer love the man.

What did your prophet suggest? He didnt ask the man to stop beating his wife. As a matter of fact the reason why the woman came was purely defeated. If the woman happen to be your sister will you ask her to go back into an abusive home and give her abusive husband the sexx he wanted and enjoyed most, while the beating continue whenever she refuses him sexx again? Dont reason like your prophet bro, be logical.

On the issue of Aisha, you said mohammed wanted to caution her by hitting her on the chest. Where do you caution a woman by hitting the woman on her chest that will cause her great pain, as narrated by Aisha herself. Is there no other way to correct her instead of mohammed physically hitting her by the chest? Compare how mohammed treated Aisha here with how the first man treated his wife and you will understand why Aisha said she never saw any woman suffer like the muslim women.

Still on the reason mohammed hit Aisha on the chest, you justified mohammed's wicked action because Aisha went out without mohammed's permission. My questions is why did aisha go out and where did she go? Aisha went out, in persuit of mohammed, when mohammed SNEAKED OUT of the bed thinking that Aisha was asleep. Why will a man go out in the middle of the night without telling his wife where he was going and on top of that was doing it secretly to avoid the wife's knowledge. On a rational level who is at fault here, mohammed or aisha?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 4:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Mty4real:
You said I cannot support the argument with what Jesus would have said because he was never married, can you see how silly you are? The same Jesus that never married asked people to stick with one wife and one husband. The same Jesus that never married asked women not to be stoned again for accusation of adultery, as earlier prescribed by moses and as still being practiced by muslim countries till date. The same Jesus that never married asked a man to love his wife. Your prophet that married 11 wives, while hypocritically asked muslims to marry 4, how did he treat them?
I know that a more mature muslim will not agree with you on this. I need not invoke Jesus decision here because we are all created with common sense and as such should make good use of it.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 5:03am On Mar 07, 2016
Mty4real:
With regards to what Aisha said, that shouldn't have been the complete statement of what happened in that hadith, definitely there would be something that happened before she uttered such, with due respect you are mischievous in posting all the hadith, they are not narrated completely and I have gone to check it out, you are quoting some specific part of it without acknowledging all other parts left out, this is just to suit your self and your argument, not until we have read it completely as narrated, that will be mischievous
You have no point, read my write-up above and you will see that I have summarized the entire hadith. You can quote them in full as you have the reference numbers. And dont tell me they are weak or fabricated hadith to tarnish the image of your prophet.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2016
pneumaticos:
Demmzy15

come ooooh,to see the foolishness of islam displayed
No matter how foolish a decision mohammed took, his honour must be protected by devout muslim. In fact immunity status started with mohammed.
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by proudkafir: 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
analice107:

My dear if you read Wafa Sultan's "A god Who Hates", you will cry for what men in Islam do to women. Satan is so wicked.
What father's do to their own daughters, they rape and get them pregnant, because in that condition no man will marry them, meaning shame for the family, the girls are accused of adultery, the same men who rape them are the same men who shout out adultery then these girls get stoned to death. blood brothers rape their sisters constantly, younger brothers beat their senior sisters any how they like.
It's not just husband's who beat their wives, any man can beat a woman. When that happens, the only responds from men in her family will be, you deserve it, if not he wouldnt have done it. No one will ask you what happen?
Domestic violence in islam, especially in the arab world, is so serious that it is almost a crime to be a woman. An incident happened in saudi arabia, few years back, when there was a fire outbreak in a female domitary. The female in the hostel were not putting on veil so were asked to stay in their hostels, while the fire raged, so that men will not see their faces. As a result many girls were burnt to death.

The saudi authorities prefer those girls burning to death to strangers seeing their faces in the public. And what is the source\cause of all this lunatic behaviors by the islamic authorities?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
Been a country like Saudi Arabia does not mean they are immuned from making mistakes, this is grievously wrong if at all there is an iota of truth in what you were saying, to curtail Muslim sisters in fire just for them to get burnt whereas DOCTRINE OF NECESSITY under Islamic law has been totally ignored, it is even a SIN to submit to demise where you can circumvent it. For instance it is a SIN to fast ramadan where you know that you have chronic Ulcer. And with regards to my friend, all the hadith you have cited are summarized very wrongly and inaccurate, because using them as your headlines to fit in your argument is very wrong, now I have checked the full of it and I can see that Aisha was just provoked to have said that when she sees a woman beaten up by her husband, but she later understood what actually happened in which you suppose to bring it up on this page if at all you are not malicious
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
Someone will now agree with me on the defective nature of jesus not getting married, now tell me how can you restrict a man with a woman, this is unrealistic looking at what is obtainable at the moment, some developed countries were now suffering from this selfish law of one man one woman, where women were rendered useless and derogated without husband,and they kept complaining. And for your information it is Only Islam that specifically told us to marry just ONE if we cannot do JUSTICE, but if you can do justice, what stops you from marrying more than one, at least it is better than having a lot of concubines and illegal sexual act. It is natural to go for more than one woman, no be so?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by Mty4real(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
On the other hadith Muslim, actually I have just read the mischievous headline posted without getting deep, but after reading fully you could now see what Aisha was deriving at, she is not trying to trivialize the struck on chest that you people hold on to, but trying to emphasize that Angels doesn't visit a house where women are uncovered or stripped, and as a wife you should no what your husband can and cannot do, as such for the fact that you are secretly tracing him means you are suspecting him, in which as a solution it is not to trace him but ask him where he is going before he left,if at all you aren't suspecting him. And moreover in the history, she is still called the favourite woman to the prophet, so is it wrong to correct someone you love most?
Re: Domestic Violence In Islam by truthman2012(m): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
preggi:
This one strong.

You need not ask that question at all, the answer is already in the OP.

Only in islam is violence against women enjoined.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of The Church / Assurance Of Salvation / My Mum Is Threatening To Disown Me Because I Am A Deist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.