Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers (849 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / Sponsoring Relatives To Study Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by theolar: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2009
Pls share ur various experiences hilarious or not
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2009
They just wanna help, however, sometimes, it is crazy
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by iice(f): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2009
They have never tried it. They wouldn't dare grin
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Sissy3(f): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

They just wanna help, however, sometimes, it is crazy

usually with their "own self interest" included
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 17, 2009
i got stories to tell but not on a forum. Left to my family and friends i'd long have been married to no less than 5 women.
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by sparta(f): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2009
Yeah, one or two friends tried it but i aint just cut out for that kinda crap! wink
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by tpia5: 4:37am On Aug 21, 2013
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

it depends.
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Pampers: 6:23am On Aug 21, 2013
You get to know someone tru another person. Its a good thing if it is done maturely and with Gods guidance. I have done it on about 4 occasions, and 3 of them ended up in happy marriages. it gives me so much pleasure to know I have bn an instrument to someone's happiness. I try to be careful tho. I get involved only in d early beginning and hands off except there are very serios misunderstandings. I feel so happy nd fulfilled whenever I see them wt their kids now
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Chinwem(f): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2013
Nothing wrong with matchmaking by parents and close friends.
I d rather have them matchmake than a computer, a stranger or a pastor(if he's not a friend)
After all who doesn't have a hidden agenda...........I'd prefer a mothers agenda to that of some pastor looking out for his pocket
Not everyone can stumble on Mr Right in the supermarket or bustop you know, sometimes serendipity needs a little push now and then
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Tthere is Notthing wrong witth it.
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Chinwem: Nothing wrong with matchmaking by parents and close friends.
I d rather have them matchmake than a computer, a stranger or a pastor(if he's not a friend)
After all who doesn't have a hidden agenda...........I'd prefer a mothers agenda to that of some pastor looking out for his pocket
Not everyone can stumble on Mr Right in the supermarket or bustop you know, sometimes serendipity needs a little push now and then

True talk
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2013
chaircover: That is my part time job embarassed. . . always matchmaking people together. mostly it works but sometimes it doesnt. I am in the middle of one at the moment and I am looking forward to tying my skyscraper gele on D-Day smiley
Seriously, if one is sensible about it and no one is not under any pressure or forced, and both parties are mature and ready then there is nothing wrong with it
Madam CC,matchmake me naw!
Mr YPP tenure has expired.
I want fresh blood.
Re: Parents ,relatives,friendr:as Matchmakers by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2013
chaircover: That is my part time job embarassed. . . always matchmaking people together. mostly it works but sometimes it doesnt. I am in the middle of one at the moment and I am looking forward to tying my skyscraper gele on D-Day smiley

Seriously, if one is sensible about it and no one is not under any pressure or forced, and both parties are mature and ready then there is nothing wrong with it

Can I apply to be on your list? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Christmas miracle: The mother and baby who BOTH died during labour... then came / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General / People Are Funny Sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.