Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer (1129 Views)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / Twitter - The Request Was Understood But Has Been Refused / Must One Be Good In Mathematics To Be A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by wizziweb: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
I have been friends with this beautiful girl i met sometimes back in april.We've been hanging out for a while and i think she finds me attractive and funny.I think she makes a good company too.But wen i asked her out she gave me a big NO.When i tried to find out why, she said its cus i am a programmer and she doesnt believe i would have enough time to cuddle her and do all those luv stuffs.She noticed that most of the times i am always glued to my computer.
but the thing here is do you think am too serious being a programmer cus i think am loosing out on some other important stuffs.
someone pls tell me,
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by smartsoft(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
omo find another baby jare! my baby enjoy me as a designer  lol but serious must you kill yourself cos of that stuff under skirt
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
From all indication, u enjoy what you do. What is life without happiness? You need your programming more than any selfish girl. I suggest u leave her alone. There are some other girls out there!
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 17, 2009
I had this girlfriend then, about 10 years ago, she wanted me to quit programming so i can have more time for her.
But now, she has been tryin to find her way back. . . .but in life, it does not always work that way.
@poster, you can always find another girl jor - besides, if someone really likes you - you will know, not just find u
attractive.
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by abhosts(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2009
Is she saying that she wants you to be a non-entity or a Yahoo boy? Cos virtually all money-making occupations require time and dedication. She is probably one of those romance novel freaks that wants you to do the unthinkable to express the measure of "love" you have towards her.
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by smartsoft(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2009
this guy you still never give this baby RED card
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by bug24(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2009
HAAAH! dats 1 thing am so scared of. i keep waitin 4d day my baby will shout at me in anger , U DONT HAVE TIME 4ME. U DONT EVEN TOUCH ME. lol. i already told her my laptop is my 1st wife. lol. our work nids time. and plenty of it. but, aint we gona marry at long last?
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by wizziweb: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2009
I think u are all right about this.
I think the most important thing is i enjoy what i do,
If she deserves the time and commitment she wouldn't be that selfish you know,
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 18, 2009
Fact is, you need to dedicate your time and space it out so that you can have a life.
When i first started learning development ages back, i spent all my time on the pc,
worked at least 16/24 hours consistently for a couple of years, no social, no church. .

But now, i try to live a more balanced life, go to church at least on sunday. . .and
have more time to do more stuffs other than coding. In fact, there are times i do
not code for 3-4 straight days in a week (which seemed impossible before)
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by yawatide(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2009
Geez, I can't believe this is still going on, at least one year since posting undecided

It seems many on here are forgetting those very early lessons they had in economics and commerce classes - money and time management.

Manage the 2 aforementioned well and believe me, you can have a personal, social and "geek" life all at the same time.  Having said that, they say birds of the same feather flock together.  No one can convince me that out of all the girls/boys in a particular place that there isn't at least one who doesn't like going out with someone in a particular trade.  Will it take time to find such? sure but that doesn't mean you should give up.  If you can't find, keep searching.  Don't let oyibo culture influence you into believing that if you are by yourself that something is wrong with you.  "Distractions" can often prevent us from utilizing our talents in full wink

Good luck!
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by talk2hb1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2009
It seems many people don't understand what it means to have feeling for someone, You just have to sit her down and let her understand whats up, but if she refuse. joo o file. let her love you and accept you for who you are that is the utmost
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
Nobody is saying that OP should not have feelings, just that he should not kill himself over a girl that says no.
Go and find another one, and before you know it, you will forget about this shakara one jor.
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by bug24(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2009
Whao, so easy to say, 4get abt the shakara one, i keep telling peepz, when u r in love, u will even be the one begging her to PLZZZ STAY WITH ME, bet u guyz dont know what love can do to even a geek.

unless of course u are lookin at being a play boy, just need her to dump ur refuse whenever its so full. lol,

LMAOOOO i cant believe webmasters are talking women here. lol,
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by flexinet: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2009
Lol, you need to learn how to manage your time, at least 30-minutes to 1 hour for her, any time she is around you, don't try to be too hard on her, she is a human being and have feelings. grin grin grin grin
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by smartsoft(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2009
okay make una tell am now! hope you they hear
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by TechPros(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
guy, u are too young for that now. grin grin tell me what do u need her for grin grin
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Kashif(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2009
@poster,

I dont know how old you are, but if you are old enough to settle down, then you'll understand what your woman's needs are. I used to find it difficult understanding why women reason the way they do - they all need attention. If you have found what you need in a woman in her, please try as much as possible to make her understand. If she really loves you, she will understand.

Don't mind people who tell you "give her red card; there are many women out there". I am telling you this from experience.

Shalom.
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by quadrillio(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
shit happen,

Maybe she is not d one for you, at least u never said GIRLS dump you cos u are a programmer.

It's just d first one. why not try another and see what life has to offer it doesn't stop on just one girl you know.

wishing you d best
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
Tech Pros:

guy, u are too young for that now. grin grin tell me what do u need her for grin grin
Interesting question, are there ehm various reasons?

bug24:

Whao, so easy to say, 4get abt the shakara one, i keep telling peepz, when u r in love, u will even be the one begging her to PLZZZ STAY WITH ME, bet u guyz dont know what love can do to even a geek.

unless of course u are lookin at being a play boy, just need her to dump ur refuse whenever its so full. lol,

LMAOOOO i cant believe webmasters are talking women here. lol,
Now this is turning into a typical romance thread. But then, even masters cannot write codes all the time nau?
Re: She Refused To Go Out With Me Because I Am A Programmer by segsalerty(m): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2009
Abeg , that girl poster is talking about no be GOod girl at all ,
atleast , as youngest as i am , my girl encourages me more to be a Very Good programmer inclusive good with her wink, ehm !!!
i also adviced her to go learn Graphics designing in return, i got her materials , she study alot just like i do , that doesnt stop us having time for eachother ,,,, despite both of us are vry romantic, Programming/ book no stop us,
so, @poster ,
if you find a good girl ,
you go bumper things together at easy even if you be Core Programmer way fit code hheaven and earth !

(1) (Reply)

Fupre (computer Science) / Nigerian Election Monitoring Website / 500 Internal Server Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.