Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,614 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Website For Modern Browsers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website For Modern Browsers (1110 Views)

All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. / UC Browser; King Of Browsers / Ie6 Browsers (deprecated Or Not)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2009
Please tell me what is good or bad about this site:  http://www.cygital.net/
Lots of ajax work there.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by isolutions: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
I think you have a good website, can I meet you?

my email is: isolutions365@gmail.com

Thanks

http://internetsolutions365..com

Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2009
Thanks. My email is cygital@yahoo.com.
Yahoo messanger id is cygital
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by yawatide(f): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2009
What is wrong?  You asked for it  cool

1) I click "contact", form overlay pops up, fair enough. I then enter bad email address and get "error: fill form properly".  Assuming I didn't know what I did wrong, I was expecting a message by the part(s) I didn't fill correctly.  Anyways, I filled the proper email address but still got the message.  After 10 clicks, it turns out it was because I had "test" in comments and I guess it was too short.  Please specify how many characters minimum.  Also consider putting red asterisks by required data.

2) Free quote form: same as #1 with addition that when I did enter good data, I was expecting, ala ajax, that the area would refresh saying "thanks, etc".  Rather I get overlay popup (again, fair enough) though the form wasn't refreshed to blank out the fields.

3) I clicked "free quote" and actually loved that rather than go to another page, the form blinked to show me it was there all along. Problem? Assuming I stood up from my seat and someone else took over my computer and clicked same link, the form didn't blink again after the first click.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2009
yawa-ti-de thanks. I will try and make those changes. I just want to give my visitors the best.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by TechPros(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2009
undecided do you really design website ?
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2009
Tech Pros, yes I design website.
lol.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2009
Tech Pros:

undecided do you really design website ?

I do design website just like my website says including window applications.

I outsource to USA and other countries through GAF. My profile url is http://www.getafreelancer.com/users/426142.html

If you are a programmer, designer, content write etc. you can get job from GAF. It is not easy to win project, but you can give it a try.

I need your candid comment on http://www.cygital.net/  for improvements.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
Guys have you seen the now changes

The new address for site is now www.cygital.net

My domain hosting company trying to wicked me. Can you believe this, I  registered domain name with N1500. Just recently they said I am to be paying N3000 annually.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Cactus(m): 8:12am On Aug 21, 2009
It looks sparse. Feels like things are here and there.

1. If you can make your services and free quote container the same height that would make the look better.

2. You need to add a left margin so that the page title and the footer are not touching the left side of the screen

3. I would prefer to put the super developer name at the top where you have the menu, (home, contact, free quote line). I kept pushing my scroll bar up and down trying to go more than the page height, Dont know why. maybe it it the color at the header and footer.

4. I would prefer the previous project not to be scrolling. just static then you can have a left and right button to move them in either direction.

5. Increase your font size in some parts since you dont have much textual content.

6. I will recommend removing the "WAIT" loading image.

7.  For your profile you have

HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML AND SEO
√ JAVASCRIPTS AND AJAX
√ PHP AND MYSQL
√ GRAPHIC DESIGN AND FLASH ANIMATION
√ ASP.NET, C#, MSSQL AND ACCESS
√ J2EE AND J2SE

Why dont you break things up a bit

WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
html, xhtml, css, xml
php, asp.net
etc

JAVASCRIPT not JAVASCRIPTS

GRAPHICS DESIGN
list the tools used
photoshop cs, , corel, illustrator,  etc

DATABASE DEVELOPMENT
mysql, mssql, access etc

You can categorize them as you like. makes things clearer

8. Your terms page looks better if you remove all the boxes and hr or the line below the heading. Try it.

9. Consistency. If you are using a square box container for your content, use the same for your free quote box. Not rounded corners. things look cleaner if consistent

also the background headings for your SERVICES panel, FREE QUOTE panel, PREVIOUS PROJECT panel, all different.  Likewise some part text colors

10. You can still move the stylings in your pages to your css file. especially the boxes around the terms content.

11. At the footer you have Copyrights © Super-developer 2007- 2009. All rights reserved
no need to spell out copyrights (copyright*) you already have this ©

Ok when I have time i write more if i remember
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by yawatide(f): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2009
You are still having issues with the home page - fill out all the details and hit "send". Notice that though I get the lightbox-y type box that says the email has been sent, the contents of my email still remain in each text field. Why not just make the form "disappear" and get replaced with text that says, "thank you", then make the form reappear again, with blank fields?

At this point, I ask myself, "What is the purpose of this site? To prove to the world that you know ajax? To showcase your business?" I think there is ajax overkill here. You still could have shown the world that you know ajax without showing the world that you know ajax if you know what I mean - by being subtle. Or are you using a particular javascript framework for special effects and saying that is ajax? if that is the case, I withdraw all I have just said.

Ajax has its place on a site - it is for retrieving and displaying data that would hitherto have required a page reload or taken too long to load. Other than that, it is overkill. Why? For one, you are flooding your server with request calls for no just reason. Also, at least based on my experience, there are many times I have tried to view an ajax site at a cybercafe, to no avail. I see on intrinsic value in seeing a "wait" animation pop up each time I click a tab. When I see that, I am wondering if something is being retrieved from the backend and if yes, what.

I hope say you no vex o. Just saying it like it is. Based on the nature of the site, the only place I see ajax (and this is only if you are storing the data in a database) on your site is the "contact form".

Thanks,
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ Cactus. Thank you very much for your observations and recommendations.

@ yawa-ti-de. The purpose, apart from showing my services, is to show my Ajax skills. I will later use jquery and lightbox for other aspect of the site. Just like this one http://www.cygital.net/test/ (I made it for a client) I refer some people to my previous work, therefore, the site will be used to show other works I haven't done in other sites.

I have another site that is stricly for my services. Therefore, these one will be for new technologies.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2009
Zat site looks like a toy to me, or it is just different in a way. . .not sure which one
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ *dhtml. Please can you point out what make the site look like a toy or a toy.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2009
Erhm, maybe it is because everything is rather compact. and then inside that your terms, as small as that DIV/whatever is, a scrollbar now
shows again and you have to scroll down. But the site is ok to me sha,

Meanwhile does the pages have direct links, for instance if you want to visit the download page of my ajaxified site: http://mwebng.net/?net=dl
then the dynamic script section: http://mwebng.net/?net=dl because sometimes, u wish to post a reference to a point, then you start saying, go to www.dgs and click on xgdfgd. That is one of the problems of the ajaxified websites. But no problem, keep it up, i love ajax / javascript too.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dhtml. It does not have direct link. my aim is to keep the user on one page, that is the index page. While I build it further, I would still like to ensure that the user remain in the index page no matter how big the site becomes.

There is still alot of changes i will make when time is on my side.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2009
there was a site i made some years ago, very similar to yours. It had 4 pages, and uses an "ajax cache". Meaning that it preloads the contents
using ajax after the page loads. A page is only requested via ajax once if it is a content page. At first i assumed your site was using a similar stuff.

Then i noticed that nothing sort of happens (or i did not see it) when you click on "free quote" on the bottom right corner of the page
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2009
Actually the free quote link is there for conviniency. When you click on it, it makes the free quote form already in the home page to dim just to tell the user that it is aready there.

Yes, it is possible to preload, that is by loading the entire content when the page is first loading. This is triggered with onload event. It has the advantage of making the subsequent request by user to be fast.

But i chosed to load when a link is click on, my aim is not to delay the first loading of the page. This is because at once loading delay the initial loading.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2009
well, i kinda expected it to ehm scroll up and select the first field in the request form. something like element.focus(); element.select();
But as a form of cosmetics, well, that is just classified as waste of precious space, but carry on, i guess it is acceptable.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2009
@jayzi, You mean when the page is loaded?
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2009
still talkin abt the free quote link. i meant when zat empty link is created. and i am not jayzi, actually *dhtml, lost my posting privileges for a most stooooooopid reason (not the anti-spam this time though - but for committing an offense not written in the books).
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2009
Yes, that's a good one. Thanks. What kind of offence could that be? Must be very painful like I am about losing my domain name.
Re: Website For Modern Browsers by dhtmlstar: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
Well, this is between seun and I (name of the game is called - 2 can play)! Losing domain name keh? i will rather lose dis one.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Before You Start Bulk SMS Business / Didyouknow A Dating Site Just Launched Called Linda.com.ng / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.