Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. (2009 Views)

New Whatsapp Group For Only Blog Hosted Owners With Ads Running On It / New Whatsapp Group For Only Blog Hosted Owners With Ads Running On It / UC Browser; King Of Browsers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Jayclinics(m): 7:37am On Nov 08, 2014
Recently, i have being seeing so many popup ads, sliding ads and other type of ads surface on my browser wheb ever i am working online. The ads are seriously annoying and they are heavily disturbing me to the extent that i will just close the browser and open another one but the same continues, i am using, mozilla, chrome and the ads has forced me to start making use of my much hated explorer.
The same thing will always continue.
How can i block the ads please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by henryobinna(m): 8:01am On Nov 08, 2014
Jayclinics:
Recently, i have being seeing so many popup ads, sliding ads and other type of ads surface on my browser wheb ever i am working online. The ads are seriously annoying and they are heavily disturbing me to the extent that i will just close the browser and open another one but the same continues, i am using, mozilla, chrome and the ads has forced me to start making use of my much hated explorer.
I don't think the ads are from.your browsers, its the sites you visit

so look for a plugin/extention(or what ever it is called) that blocks ads.
but me no like ad blocking oh cos that's how the site owners make their money.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by dharyour93(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2014
Jayclinics:

It's from some apps dat U av installed. Check the ads very well and it will give U an insight to the app dat caused dem. Uninstall the app, restart Ur pc and boom it should be gone.

PS: dats Y I don't just download and install apps anyhow. You might be installing one app and it installs abt 5 more apps.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Vinshu(f): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2014
Are you using a VPN Proxy to surf? If yes, then its the VPN. Especially free VPN apps
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 08, 2014
INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE BEST!

Vinshu said it all...
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
Do system restore for the date you didnt see the ads popup
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Install wisecare utility and clear your cookies always
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by QuiverBox(f): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Jayclinics:

Reset Your Browser and it will stop - google up and see how to reset browser and it will stop.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
You cant rule out the chance that ur laptop has been infected by an ads virus that has been on rampage for months all over the internet.
Even when i finish coding and i view my html file on a browser like mozilla, ads still pop-up.
Just an AVG antivirus and u are safe but u are still at risk...some owners of some websites program their site in a way that ur pc will install and ads software subconsciously.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by henryobinna(m): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
Naijazoom:
INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE BEST!

Vinshu said it all...
you mean that slow, stooopid browser?

I've never browsed with the one I saw on my pc
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by dhsfbi(m): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jayclinics:
Bro, it is either you are using free VPN as Vinshu has already pointed out or the sites you are visiting. To stop the pop up ads, download adblock plus and install it to your browsers.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Jayclinics(m): 5:42am On Nov 10, 2014
dhsfbi:
Bro, it is either you are using free VPN as Vinshu has already pointed out or the sites you are visiting. To stop the pop up ads, download adblock plus and install it to your browsers.
i have downloaded adblock extension for my chrome and it looks like it is working perfectly, atleast the influx of irritating ads have reduced tremendously. Although i still see some unsolicitated ads shaa
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Jayclinics(m): 5:43am On Nov 10, 2014
henryobinna:
you mean that slow, stooopid browser?

I've never browsed with the one I saw on my pc
Sorry bro, but my internet Explorer is fast ooo, maybe u need an upgrade to a latest version
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Jayclinics(m): 5:47am On Nov 10, 2014
dharyour93:

It's from some apps dat U av installed. Check the ads very well and it will give U an insight to the app dat caused dem. Uninstall the app, restart Ur pc and boom it should be gone.

PS: dats Y I don't just download and install apps anyhow. You might be installing one app and it installs abt 5 more apps.
What u said is perfectly true, i looked at the ads and marketing d there host's names and then went to my program files and i saw about 5 diff software s i didnt install by mysef, nd u know what? They all bear the same name as dat of the providers of the ads. I was very angry, imagine this useless companies forcefully installing there softwares into my system, useless softwares to say. I started uninstalling them, most of them didnt want to uninstall sef, but i sorced dem. Now the ads have reduced shaa, but they are still coming but in a reduced way

1 Like

Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by henryobinna(m): 6:30am On Nov 10, 2014
Jayclinics:

Sorry bro, but my internet Explorer is fast ooo, maybe u need an upgrade to a latest version
ok, just do a research on the most used browser on desktop, you'll see IE is not close to first two
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by Jayclinics(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2014
henryobinna:
ok, just do a research on the most used browser on desktop, you'll see IE is not close to first two
Yea, dats true, and i was among the ppl criticising the browser and i never used it on my system, until dis stuff happened about ads, the first day i uaed it was as fast as splash, nd i have started swapping it together with my chrome, my mozilla is a mess now. Like it is the home for d so called irritating ads
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by henryobinna(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2014
Jayclinics:

Yea, dats true, and i was among the ppl criticising the browser and i never used it on my system, until dis stuff happened about ads, the first day i uaed it was as fast as splash, nd i have started swapping it together with my chrome, my mozilla is a mess now. Like it is the home for d so called irritating ads
mmmm...
I have lots of browsers to use before remembering IE.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by dharyour93(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2014
Jayclinics:

What u said is perfectly true, i looked at the ads and marketing d there host's names and then went to my program files and i saw about 5 diff software s i didnt install by mysef, nd u know what? They all bear the same name as dat of the providers of the ads. I was very angry, imagine this useless companies forcefully installing there softwares into my system, useless softwares to say. I started uninstalling them, most of them didnt want to uninstall sef, but i sorced dem. Now the ads have reduced shaa, but they are still coming but in a reduced way

I don't blame the ad companies though. That's one of deffects of free software.

What browser do you use? Check the plugins and extension installed on d browsers. U might be lucky to find it there and uninstall. wink grin
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by fleps(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello Jay.

You are right. The forceful adds won't go totally. I was faced with the same problem but I solved it. One I know well is Cantata web and smartweb or something. They are so annoying.

To remove totally go and check your browser extensions or add ons, you'll be surprised they are also there!
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by MSNNG(m): 2:39am On Nov 11, 2014
Jayclinics:

Try to install anti spyware software e.g adaware (you can Google it) and then scan your pc with it. Make sure the software is updated to the latest code definition before running the scan. If you are still having issues thereafter PM me I can give another software to clear the ads.
Re: All The Browsers In On My Laptop Are Bombarding Me With Ads. by henri2398: 7:27am On Apr 29, 2016
It looks like your system got infected with adware program and hence it is displaying lot of pop-up ads. And you will be getting more pop-up ads on your system when you try to surf internet. So, in order to get rid of any adware pop-up ads you can use anti-malware program that is designed to detect and remove adware and other related malware program.

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Website Speed / Naija Adsense With $46.97 For Sale @ N30k(its Verified)(click To See Proof) / Nigeria Adsense Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.