Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) (41503 Views)

Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) / Harrison Set To Break World Record By Riding A Bike With Ball On His Head / Tonye Solomon D-BOY Breaks Guinness World Record In Bayelsa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by timidapsin(m): 2:37am On Mar 07, 2016
Another video from me again smiley smiley

[size=14pt]GUESS WHAT?[/size] oops! the title says it all

Nigerian Chinedu Harrison has broken and set a Guinness Book of Record for the Farthest distance walked with ball on the head.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Y2KVJKNm4K8/VtlF-EduYjI/AAAAAAAIgQs/ckef9nykkPk/s400/1.jpg[/img]

Nigerian footballer based in Cambodia, Harrison Chinedu, has broken the Guinness World Record for the farthest distance traveled while balancing a football on his head and cover a distance of over 45. 64km reports afriwap.com. The record was set in 2014 as Indian soldier NaibSubedar Azad Singh traveled a distance of 45.64km.

Chinedu began his journey yesterday Sunday 06 March at 7am from Kilometre 46 at the RCCG Redemption Camp and broke the record by not allowing the ball to touch the ground before reaching the National Stadium in Surulere.

The history-making event which was flagged off by representative of Minister of Youth and Sports, Demola Ali, after the ball and his head was inspected by President of Nigeria Referees Association, Tade Azeez assisted by former FIFA-badged referee and senior lecturer at the National Institute for Sports, Dr. Alex Mana, and ex- Olympian, Henry Amike, saw him trek from the Redeemed Camp to the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. At the National Stadium, he trekked round the main bowl eleven times to break the record before trekking further eleven times to set a new record. Chinedu told National Mirror that he was happy to put Nigeria in the World Records, even as he ascribed his feat to hard work and dedication.

The athlete, who expressed appreciation to the Rafiu Oladipo Sports Foundation which organised the event, for believing in his abilities, stated that his greatest challenge during the event was when he nearly had a muscle strain at Berger Bus Stop.
“I am happy that the scare gave way immediately to enable me continue the journey unhindered,”
he added.
“I thank the Rafiu Oladipo Sports Foundation for encouraging me both financially and otherwise and also made contacts with the Guinness Book of World Records office to ensure the event took place.”

President of the Foundation, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, who doubles as President of Nigeria Football Supporters Club, recalled that the foundation received less support at inception of the event.
“I am happy that it saw the light of the day in the end,”
Ladipo remarked. Ladipo described Chinedu as a Nigerian sports ambassador and pledged his foundation’s sponsorship for the athlete to
“Tafisa 2016”
championship.
“We are also committed to helping any talented Nigerian youth put the country’s name on the world map,”
the NFSC boss concluded.

Congrats Chinedu Harrison for making Nigerians proud.

watch him breaking and setting the world record below

mobile devices can watch directly from youtube here=>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmVT1kBrp8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmVT1kBrp8s

SOURCE: http://afriwap.com/global-world-news/nigerian-chinedu-harrison-breaks-guinness-book-of-record/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by timidapsin(m): 2:38am On Mar 07, 2016
Mostwanted7 do you remember 8 years ago when i set my own record with tray on my head? grin grin
I actually think using tray is harder undecided
Angels come and see this @ (sinaj tiaralove modsenemy)
emmyw harmored Ladyf

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by dannie007(m): 3:04am On Mar 07, 2016
Wow so so happy for him, using his skills positively to inspire the young and the old! Thanks bro!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by OKorowanta: 3:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Wich one be bet9ja own for inside?abi dem drink Guiness?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 4:29am On Mar 07, 2016
Good for him
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by JhimmySpark(m): 4:30am On Mar 07, 2016
Consistency, Focus, and Determination.. More grace to break and set greater records.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by cruzita(f): 5:09am On Mar 07, 2016
wow !!!amazing .continue setting records for naija abeg no be only messi dey break and set record

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:33am On Mar 07, 2016
dt cool
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Adonis3: 5:42am On Mar 07, 2016
shoooo shocked

make person trek from redemption camp to surulere embarassed

nawa oooo

#Adonis3HasSpoken

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 07, 2016
how does this bring back our beloved corruption
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 07, 2016
wow this is great...kudos to him

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Frank3n2(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2016
Name checkers, you won't come and check now...but if it's about drugs una go dey jump inside the thread.. grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by robosky02(m): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2016
issorite
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by tomnjerry: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Nigerians are so talented, we dont just know yet..

Lalasticlala, this should be moved to promise land.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by theshaderoom: 10:19am On Mar 07, 2016
I saw it in the news yesterday.. lalasticlala come and see

1 Like

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Modsenemy(f): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2016
Wow!

Bt let's skip the ball on the head part , this is the vice president trekkers association.

My enemies ,pls come and put dis on FP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by 400billionman: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2016
Igbo boys to the rescue.

Chukwu Abiama Daalu.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by 400billionman: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2016
crotonite:
how does this bring back our beloved corruption

Nah so Buari pursue Jonathan and coruption away.

Since may last year, nah so so badluck.

Smh.

#BringBackCorruption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by 100Cents: 10:41am On Mar 07, 2016
Ndi Wild Wild West no go like this news.

Guiness Book of Record be IPOB youths organisation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by 100Cents: 10:42am On Mar 07, 2016

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by peaceafex: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2016
nice one bro

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by ShitHead(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2016
The guy papa na winch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by wiloy2k8(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2016
nice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Lovexme(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2016
He's made Nigerians proud.
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2016
As if walking from Redemption Camp to Surulere is not work enough, he had to do it with a ball on his head shocked. Congrats to him!

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by seunlayi(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2016
PMB IS GREAT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by dammytosh: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2016
Nice....
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by lekkie073(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2016
I believe to refuse it
Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2016
Trekked to surulere from the redemption camp?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by ERONX(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian: Chinedu Harrison breaks Guinness Book of Record (Pic+Video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2016
Juju

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Eagles Brazil 2014 New Jeysey / Deniz Kedah Wanted To Take Penalty, Fans Left The Stadium In Turkish League / Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.