Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC (850 Views)

12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by onomefm(f): 6:41am On Mar 07, 2016
Following the arrest of top aide of the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for the diversion of the bailout funds to the state, the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) yesterday took a swipe at the governor, accusing him of lack of sincerity in the handling of the funds, thereby causing workers in the state untold hardship.

The EFCC had last week arrested the Principal Secretary to the governor, Dr Pascal Obi over allegation of diverting about N2 billion collected by the state from the federal government as part of bailout funds for states.

But according to the NLC President, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, “the arrest of Governor Rochas Okorocha’s top aides by the EFCC for allegedly diverting part of the N2billion bailout funds meant for Imo State did not come as a surprise to us at the NLC.

“The lack of transparency in the handling of the funds wherein stakeholders for whom the funds were meant were kept in the dark as to the availability of the funds in the first place flew the red flag for us.

“Curiously rather than apply the funds to cushion the hardship months of salary arrears indebtedness had caused workers, the Imo Governor chose instead to summarily shut down government establishments and force workers out with backlog of unpaid salaries.

“We were not fooled by the governor’s claim of lack of funds to pay salaries as he clearly could not show where he had channelled the Bailout funds. Thus, our shutting down Imo State over two weeks ago through mass protests and strike action by workers has been vindicated,” the NLC president stressed.

Wabba explained: It is pertinent to point out here that most of our state and local governments have not keyed into the president’s passion, to change the way public funds are cornered as personal resources of the executives in power. This watery appetite for quickly channeling allocation from the centre, including loans, into personal accounts of the executives and their aides and cronies must be focused upon by the anti-graft agencies.

“We call on ICPC and EFCC to monitor the disbursement of the Bailout funds across the states. We further challenge the state governments in the spirit of the President’s gesture to publish how they have disbursed the funds.

“The alleged looting of public funds by the Imo State Government must be discouraged. The crave for looting of state resources by a few privileged persons in government while turning around to unleash wickedness on innocent and harpless workers through owing of salaries and crude redundancy disengagements will no more be left unchallenged.

“We recommit ourselves to eternal vigilance and never again will workers be sacrificed to oil the watery appetite for stealing by chief executives of states and government agencies,” he observed.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/07/bailout-funds-nlc-confronts-okorocha-over-arrest-of-top-aide/

1 Like

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by ORACLE1975(m): 6:43am On Mar 07, 2016
K
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by Tpave(m): 6:48am On Mar 07, 2016
Why are Nigerian politicians so selfish like this. They're just after their pockets and families.

2 Likes

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by popesam1(m): 6:52am On Mar 07, 2016
This same issue is happening in osun state
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by Abagworo(m): 6:57am On Mar 07, 2016
Thisday and Vanguard correspondents and NLC chairman Imo State are tribalists who think Mbaise can produce a Governor by using falsehood to incite the people against Okorocha. I've always written that Okorocha is too kind for my liking. He is now in a ruling party and from the majority oil producing and by far richest part of the State. He can use the media to equally incite his brothers against Mbaise and kill the little image left.
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by CyberTerrorist: 7:06am On Mar 07, 2016
Abagworo:
Thisday and Vanguard correspondents and NLC chairman Imo State are tribalists who think Mbaise can produce a Governor by using falsehood to incite the people against Okorocha. I've always written that Okorocha is too kind for my liking. He is now in a ruling party and from the majority oil producing and by far richest part of the State. He can use the media to equally incite his brothers against Mbaise and kill the little image left.
You are a shameless old man.. Did EFCC arrested his aids or not? Did the divert the bailout funds or not? Nawa for you ooo..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by ademega(m): 7:08am On Mar 07, 2016
worst of all governors

4 Likes

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by onomefm(f): 7:09am On Mar 07, 2016
smh
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by ItzTun3chi(m): 7:12am On Mar 07, 2016
Never bothered about the masses..bothered about fattening his account.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by luvinhubby(m): 7:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Are you not ashamed of yourself for blaming everybody except your thieving governor Rochas for the mass mess in Imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by BeardedMeat(m): 7:28am On Mar 07, 2016
Abagworo:
Abagworo please I am begging you in the name of whatever you worship to please pleaase and please stop this madness and face your woes biko.

3 Likes

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by EteEdoho: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2016
[s]
Abagworo:
[/s] how does this ur emotional banter corollate with what is in the news?. I always know how u do call out ma' Gov Udom.

1 Like

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by kuuljay(m): 7:41am On Mar 07, 2016
Buhari is a tyrant I swear!!! If I don't get some likes from some people then it's pure hypocrisy
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by LoveMachine(m): 7:48am On Mar 07, 2016
It's never good news with this guy.
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by onomefm(f): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2016
LoveMachine:
It's never good news with this guy.

I tire
Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by 3Ceagle(m): 9:05am On Mar 07, 2016
We await Gov Okorocha's response. He should give a detailed account on how he spent the Bailout fund. That said, Imo State have not been fortunate with the type of persons elected into the leadership of the state, Gov Okorocha inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC by onomefm(f): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
lalasticlala, we are waiting

(1) (Reply)

Appreciation Note: Buddah Finally Call It Quit / Amaechi Calls On People Of Rivers State To 'shame' Jonathan / Devaluation: Good For Nigeria & Ghana But Not China & Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.