Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued (18743 Views)

Delta Teenage Schoolgirls Lured Into Prostitution In Lagos (Photo) / Lagos Schoolboys Gang-Rape Schoolgirls, Initiate Them Forcefully / Illegal Arrest: How 2 Young Men Were Rescued From The Hand Of SARS In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by adisacool: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2016
Thank God they're found.
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by Gboliwe: 9:44am On Mar 07, 2016
The good and perfect news is that the lil girls are back to the comfort of their homes and loved ones.

Soon we will know exactly how it happened, not like I am interested though. If not for Pa. Falae's encounter, I may have believed this account.
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by jaybee3(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2016
I like the fact that they were able to trace at least one of them through his regustered SIM.
Goes to show the penalty slammed on MTN by the FG is very apt

Kudos to the officers!!!

1 Like

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by emzila(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2016
this people registering SIM cards are found of this act of using their own pix especially when they are in haste. i hope this will teach others some lessons. I happy for the family of the girls. no room for crime in Lagos and by extension, Nigeria at large.

1 Like

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2016
Henry said he was a victim of circumstance. He said he helped customers to register their lines in Ikorodu, adding that a line, which he registered, using his photograph, was used by the kidnappers.

It was learnt that the kidnappers had used the line to negotiate ransom with the school and Henry was picked up after the police tracked the number.

He said, “I register SIM lines for customers in Ikorodu. I helped a customer to register his line but after he had left, I discovered that his photograph did not appear on his profile. In an attempt to submit his details, I used my photograph instead. That was how the police traced the line to me. Except the photograph, other details are not mine.”

I have always said it that Nigerian Kidnappers, Robbers etc are not smart. The issue of SIM Card registration is the trump card which helps the DSS, SARS and other security agencies to help track you when you commit a crime.

Commiting crime today in Nigeria and getting away with it is not easy especially if phone calls and even internet data was involved in communication during perpetrating the crime. The NCC and GSM service providers are now like Big Brother watching and listening to your every conversation.

Make a call, the nearest mast marks your location and when you move to another location, the mast there marks your location and every mast in Nigeria had an id number which is recorded on the system of the GSM service provider. When the security operatives go to them, as long as your phone has the sim card in it even if it is switched off but the battery is on the phone, they will be tracking your locations.

1 Like

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by Faith111: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2016
Thank you JESUS!
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by nanadeeva01(f): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2016
Na wa oh! Abduction 2day abduction 2morrow may god protect frm any evil eye
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by shotgun22(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2016
lessons learnt

1. report any issue of theft to the police to avoid trouble. your phone or laptop gets stolen report to the police and write a report. the thieves might want to use your phone to make this type of calls

2. Nigerian police can be good, smart when they are motivated.

3. The media is still very important in fighting crime. If not for media, ESE and these three girls will still be missing
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by bittertruthz: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2016
ajibolabd:

www.punchng.com/how-over-500-security-agents-rescued-lagos-schoolgirls/

Thank God they didnt play politics on this like chibok girls.

THE ABDUCTION OF CHIBOK GIRLS WERE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE GOVT. DENIED THE STORY INITIALLY. IF THE MILITARY HAD GONE AFTER THEM EVEN AFTER 3 DAYS, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

1 Like

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by FOLLEY20(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2016
akpumping7720:
this abduction here and there is just embarrassing and irritating!
That is the result of unemployment in our nation
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by Image123(m): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2016
A very poor, shoddy and unprofessional process by our security agencies. Yes, the job was "accomplished" as the girls were rescued. But it was through torture, coercion and intimidation of family members. Little intelligence was deployed. They could have secretly followed the suspect to their hideout and get the gang that way instead of being lucky.

1 Like

Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by dyn1800: 10:38am On Mar 07, 2016
MAY BE HE'S NOT HAPPY THAT THE GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED BY FULANI..... JUST MY THOUGHT

olaolulazio:

Do u know em?
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by blackprowler: 10:41am On Mar 07, 2016
Yeye ppl. These ones were out to make money and aren't hardened yet, or else they would have just killed the poor girls since the business had flopped. Some even collect ransom and still kill the victims. Whatever happened to patronising us doing electronic security and surveillance to prevent this in the first place? What is wrong with the people of this country? The parents all arrived and blocked school with all manner of cars? The security devices would not cost even half the value of the smallest car. They obviously prefer to do "dry fast" and prayers. Ok, until when kidnappers progress to killing their victims, we will see what "God" has to say about that as things, once begun, only get worse in this country .
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by introvertious: 10:42am On Mar 07, 2016
Mr Henry, sori o. Who will believe his story now: dat u registered a line for a customer n used ur picture n d said line is being used by d kidnappers for negotiation. Lessons........
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by 9jatatafo(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by spacyzuma(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2016
Good and very impressive work by the Lagos State Govt and Police Force.

Kudos!!!
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by blackprowler: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2016
FOLLEY20:
That is the result of unemployment in our nation

Yes, it is also a result of everybody reaching 20something and saying they must begin to have children everywhere, whether there is economic crisis or not. Of course nobody tells you that and no one has the ability to think in this country, only to follow-follow. IT WILL GET WORSE, remember that. When we get to 400 million while born born is our creed and there is no creation of value, we will resort to killing and eating one-another (just kidding but I'm frustrated). Not long ago we were c.65million and Gowon said we had so much money we didn't know what to do. Now we have jumped to 170+ million and each one is raring to grow up quickly and begin to born his own crowd. It is a geometric increase if you understand mathematical terms. We shall see!
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by Austin234(m): 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
Thank God for d rescue. Kudos to our security operative. But 4 some security reasons needless to narate how they were rescued. It should be best known to d security officers
Re: How Babington Macaulay Schoolgirls Were Rescued by thatchick: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
Too much rescue details were disclosed. Now other criminals who have such thoughts in mind will note these points.

(1) (2) (Reply)

48-Year-Old Businessman Who Was Kidnapped In Bayelsa Regains Freedom (Photos) / Kindapper Evans, Denies Knowledge Of Lawsuits Filed Against IGP And Others / Nursing Mother Of Two Kidnapped From Her Home In Delta. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.