Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Ways To Get Closer To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways To Get Closer To God (665 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / How God Used My Premature Baby (5 Months, 2 Weeks; 790grams) To Bring Me Closer / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Get Closer To God by kingsfield(m): 7:50am On Mar 07, 2016
1. Admit you can’t do everything on your own.
One of the first steps to gaining a closer relationship to God is admitting that you need him in your life. The reality is that we can’t do everything on our own, so admitting this will not only show a sense of humility in your life, but will also show God that you have faith in his strength and promises.
2. Remove yourself from harmful relationships.
One of the biggest roadblocks to finding a deeper relationship with God is harmful relationships. Whether these relationships be with family, friends or co-workers, taking yourself out of the equation will help give you the space and energy needed to first get right in your relationship with God. Although this might sound tough to accomplish, you won’t believe the freedom and liberty you will encounter when being able to solely focus on your relationship with God.
3. Get plugged in to a local church or small group.
You won’t believe how much having a group of people to support you with help you along your journey with God. Getting plugged into a local church or small-group will help keep you accountable, give you wisdom when needed, and even be there for you in times of distress. The Church of God was indented to be done in community, so I encourage you to get yourself plugged in to a community that cares about your relationship with God has much as you do.
4. Read your Bible on a daily basis.
Reading your Bible is key. I’m not saying you need to memorize the whole thing in Greek, but you should be spending reading it at least once a day. Whether you simply read it, listen to a podcast or go through a devotional, reading your Bible will help build a foundation for your faith in God. Write down notes that you can look back on, and always be transparent when incorporating what you’ve learned. God will speak you in ways that will not only transform you from the inside out, but will also give you a better grasp as to who you are as a person.
5. Make prayer a priority.
Prayer is key. Although prayer can sometimes be looked at as weird or awkward, it’s really not. Look at prayer as a conversation between you and God. You don’t need to light candles, burn incense, or even wear a black robe. Just relax, get somewhere peaceful, and begin a conversation with God that will help build your relationship with him. Martin Luther once said, “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” That quote is packed with powerful truth, and I want you to begin looking at prayer as your way of staying connected to God. Any relationship with meaning is one that has great communication.
Share this with someone who needs it.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Algerian Churches Still Fighting For Freedom Of Worship / It Take The Following Things To Walk With God And To Be A Good Christian. / How To Develop A Stronger Spiritual Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.