Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter (23106 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by timidapsin(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
Quickteller
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Eyop: 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
Donpressman:
yes remaining in darkness is better than stealing

That's not stealing because PHCN refused to do the right thing even after paying for a new meter. It would have been a different story if they provided the meter and he decided to bypass the connection directly to the source. For your information, this similar issue happened to me and it was after the direct connection that they decided to bring the new meter which was 4 months after.

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Jabioro: 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
See good Samaritan.. very good avenue ,hence they couldn't do the needful, help them the wrongful. all you needed is a perfect electrician that will the wire through the meter and it will look like nothing happened ..and begin to enjoy the off and on light. shekina !
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by donem: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
sammily:
We have been using this prepaid meter (picture attached) in our family house in festac which we got since the time of NEPA. Its uses a smart card which we take to their office to load, and then insert the card into the meter to transfer the credit into it.

But since the introduction of the discos (EKO Electricity Distribution Coy), we have been unable to recharge the meter, they told us they don't have the machine to load the card again (as if it all just suddenly disappear with PHCN). We were advised to pay for a new prepaid meter again, which we did but to date they keep saying to meter.

Now the current meter is running out of credit (luckily the last recharge was large), that's why it could last this long, with the fact that they hardly give us power (light) here, and we've been strictly conserving it since.

Has anyone gone through or is going through similar problems with this Disco coy and is there a way one can still load/recharge the card for this prepaid meter?

PS; what is even the rational for telling us to pay for another prepaid meter when we paid for the last one, like it is my fault that they changed their name form NEPA to PHCH to Disco undecided undecided undecided
bro those phcn or disco what ever are bunch of thief's, I'll advise u to bypass that meter and make use of electricity free as their punishment for not providing u with a replacement meter even after payment.

or if you don't know how to carry out bypass should I explain it step by step here for you?
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by yjgm(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
sammily:
We have been using this prepaid meter (picture attached) in our family house in festac which we got since the time of NEPA. Its uses a smart card which we take to their office to load, and then insert the card into the meter to transfer the credit into it.

But since the introduction of the discos (EKO Electricity Distribution Coy), we have been unable to recharge the meter, they told us they don't have the machine to load the card again (as if it all just suddenly disappear with PHCN). We were advised to pay for a new prepaid meter again, which we did but to date they keep saying to meter.

Now the current meter is running out of credit (luckily the last recharge was large), that's why it could last this long, with the fact that they hardly give us power (light) here, and we've been strictly conserving it since.

Has anyone gone through or is going through similar problems with this Disco coy and is there a way one can still load/recharge the card for this prepaid meter?

PS; what is even the rational for telling us to pay for another prepaid meter when we paid for the last one, like it is my fault that they changed their name form NEPA to PHCH to Disco undecided undecided undecided
Contact me to hellp you out
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by DaV8King(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
sammily:

Please check your NL email sir. I promise you will not regret it smiley grin
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by saint2ace(m): 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
OP take ur card to ijora olopa close to the julius berger office, they'll load the card for you, I still use the same type of meter. Though it can be a pain having to go all the way, but we just have to make do. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Omexonomy: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Piss inside grin
best advice ever given since the days of adamu and eve
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by ric78(m): 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
sammily:

Op, I can authoritatively say that there is no way you might have loaded any amount of credit on your last recharge and still have it running till now even if the power supply has not been regular.
Those set of meters have all been replaced and new meters being used by customers. Its either 'cos u bypassed during the time the meters were been changed so you could not approach the eked plc officials.
Also on the issue of saying no meters available I can also say that if you have applied before june 2015 u should have gotten a meter.
So op, stop all this lying even though we know eked plc have their issues but you also do have a bigger issue, bypassing,lying and trying to play on nairalanders' intelligence.
Kindly go to the district office @ 23rd and do what is required and stop deceiving us with lies .

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Boo3nity(m): 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
It is disheartening, the kind of reception/advice most staff of the various EKEDC customer care centres offer their customers lately.
Dear OP, kindly make your way to the EKEDC headquarters at Marina n bring this to their notice.
You will not be disappointed.
Please update me on developments as they arise.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
Favolly:
OP! So since 2005, you and your family members have been using one recharge that you claim to have bought in bulk?? Ole ni yin!!

Or was it in 2013 that PHCN was unbundled? Is that what you meant by since the time of NEPA? Either way, this is 2016 and it's not possible for that card not to have finished since if you've not been tapping directly from the source

So kindly quit being an hypocrite and keep tapping/stealing from the source until you get a new meter.

Last recharge was late 2014, no were did I say 2005, please don't jump into conclusion and yes, its lasted this long, we are not as much as you think and we don't live there always.

If I were doing illegal connection, I wouldn't be visiting their office asking for a way out and I wouldn't be here asking for solution after the I couldn't get anything tangible from their office. All I want is a means of recharging it pending when I get the new meter.

Not everybody is criminal minded, some just want things done in a right way. Please be guided.

4 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by lanrejoe10: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
It's all Jonathan's fault..kick his ass
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
ric78:

Op, I can authoritatively say that there is no way you might have loaded any amount of credit on your last recharge and still have it running till now even if the power supply has not been regular.
Those set of meters have all been replaced and new meters being used by customers. Its either 'cos u bypassed during the time the meters were been changed so you could not approach the eked plc officials.
Also on the issue of saying no meters available I can also say that if you have applied before june 2015 u should have gotten a meter.
So op, stop all this lying even though we know eked plc have their issues but you also do have a bigger issue, bypassing,lying and trying to play on nairalanders' intelligence.
Kindly go to the district office @ 23rd and do what is required and stop deceiving us with lies .

New meter was applied and paid for early this year as advised. Last time I visited for update I was informed that they were still treating those that paid May 2015 and I have to wait for my turn to reach, now they said when I exhaust my credit, they can connect me directly and charge me on estimated bill. You and I know that estimated bill is another word for crazy bill.

Thus, the reason for asking if its possible to still recharge the meter since they can't at festac, pending when my new meter arrives, whenever that will be.

I'm explaining this to you because you seem informed on the issue, but you got your assumptions wrong. You can either choose to believe me or not, but if you do have an advise based on my explanation that is of useful help, i'm very much open for it.

Do have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Habeebpain(m): 11:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
obinna2nv:
Whatever you do, do not Bypass, its illegal and when discovered you'll pay a bypass penalty plus loss of revenue. Here in PH, it can be up to 100k sanction! Since you've already paid for a new meter, when the old credit finishes, you can approach the Ekdc peeps for a legal bypass and reach an agreement how much you can be paying monthly pending when you meter is available.

What are you saying? The distribution companies are always saying meters are free, yet they collected money for a new one from him. Is it his fault that they no longer support the old meter or who issued it to him in the first place? He doesn't need to reach any agreement with them. There's no assurance that he'll get that meter in a year. Yes, a year. They're that Bleep*d up. So if he is told to pay a sum more than what he uses monthly on the meter, he should agree abi?

I think you work for a distribution company that's why you're not seeing things from the perspective of the masses. Distribution companies are one of the biggest frauds in this company called Nigeria.

OP, check their tweeter page and drop a message. I think Ikeja's own is @ieserve. Update us on how it goes. angry
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by ric78(m): 12:20am On Mar 08, 2016
ric78:

Ok, since u applied this year, truth be told it is likely u get your meter sometime around may(not sure,c to verify).
Yes its true ,the procedure is for u to be connected directed as billed without a meter which we all know its not ideal for any one and I feel u on that, however, I will suggest/advice u go to the office and discuss with the business manager who I believe is reasonable enough to empathise with u and reach a considerable solution until u get your new meter.
Please note that, your paying for the meter puts u under the 'CAPMI scheme' and will be billed differently and if am correct, u will be entitled to extra units upon every first recharge of the month.
I agree with u and anyone else that they are 'bad eggs' in the organisation(just like in any organisation or society) but also some good ones who are willing to ensure things work properly, all they require is your cooperation and patience. To rebuild takes time but very possible.
Wish u all d best.
sammily:

Last recharge was late 2014, no were did I say 2005, please don't jump into conclusion and yes, its lasted this long, we are not as much as you think and we don't live there always.

If I were doing illegal connection, I wouldn't be visiting their office asking for a way out and I wouldn't be here asking for solution after the I couldn't get anything tangible from their office. All I want is a means of recharging it pending when I get the new meter.

Not everybody is criminal minded, some just want things done in a right way. Please be guided.

Ok, since u applied this year, truth be told it is likely u get your meter sometime around may(not sure,c to verify).
Yes its true the proceed is for u to be connected directed as billed without a meter which we all know its not ideal for any one and I feel u on that, however, I will suggest/advice u go to the office and discuss with the business manager who I believe is reasonable enough to empathise with u and reach a considerable solution until u get your new meter.
Please note that, your paying for the meter puts u under the 'CAPMI scheme' and will be billed differently and if am correct, u will be entitled to extra units upon every first recharge of the month.
I agree with u and anyone else that they are 'bad eggs' in the organisation(just like in any organisation or society) but also some good ones who are willing to ensure things work properly, all they require is your cooperation and patience. To rebuild takes time but very possible.
Wish u all d best.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sameolg616(m): 12:58am On Mar 08, 2016
we have been having the same problem for like 2weeks now,,,we have been told we mustnt exhaust it lower than 30 units...we have called endlessly...they even advised that we press 00 and green button for 10secs.....its a 3 phase meter.....and this is the 2nd time we are experiencing the problem...moreso,someone said until there is light in the 3 phases would it work.....
i keep wondering why phch or watever would invest in such china products without a manual or technical support from the manufacturers
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by idupaul: 2:04am On Mar 08, 2016
Gombs:
same here o..

the folks in the complaint unit aint helping sef... Ever felt like sacking all Federal/State government staff, who are more than 40 years old and without a degree?

sometimes, we bypass (connect directly), when they tire, they'd come recharge the meter.

They even had the effrontery to increase the tariff, when they can't help us credit the unit angry angry

But degree is not not the problem it's generational wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by kk4real: 4:11am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=sammily post=43556546]We have been using this prepaid meter (picture attached) in our family house in festac which we got since the time of NEPA. Its uses a smart card which we take to their office to load, and then insert the card into the meter to transfer the credit into it.

Find out if yaba is under the same jurisdiction as Festac, if it is you can load at yaba. Know someone who still uses it. Pm me if you need further information.

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by kk4real: 4:15am On Mar 08, 2016
sammily:

?? undecided undecided undecided

Find out if yaba is under the same jurisdiction as Festac, if it is you can load at yaba. Know someone who still uses it. Pm me if you need further information

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by Jerem19(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Piss inside grin
guy nawa for u oo

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by singwa: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
I wonder how much you recharged the last time that lasted since the time of NEPA. Just thinking
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
ric78:

Yes its true the proceed is for u to be connected directed as billed without a meter which we all know its not ideal for any one and I feel u on that, however, I will suggest/advice u go to the office and discuss with the business manager who I believe is reasonable enough to empathise with u and reach a considerable solution until u get your new meter.
Wish u all d best.

Thanks, I will take your advise to see the Business Manager if I'm unable to recharge my current prepaid meter. The CC never hinted that to me.

I so dread their estimated billing, there is no day I visit their office I don't meet sets of people complaining bitterly of some ludicrous and farcical crazy bills

You are right on the CAMPI Scheme, though I never really understood what its all about.
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by lasunray(m): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2016
donem:

bro those phcn or disco what ever are bunch of thief's, I'll advise u to bypass that meter and make use of electricity free as their punishment for not providing u with a replacement meter even after payment.

or if you don't know how to carry out bypass should I explain it step by step here for you?

bypassing is equivalent to stealing + cheating.
it has great repercussion!
Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
saint2ace:
OP take ur card to ijora olopa close to the julius berger office, they'll load the card for you, I still use the same type of meter. Though it can be a pain having to go all the way, but we just have to make do. Cheers

Can you please give me a better description to the location. How will I get there from mile 2 using public transportation?

1 Like

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by saint2ace(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2016
sammily:

Can you please give me a better description to the location. How will I get there from mile 2 using public transportation?

Since u'll be coming from mile 2, U have 3 options: the first will be to take a bus going to boundary / ago hausa u'll get the buses close to the PHCN installation at mile 2 close to julius berger, stop at the last bus stop which is boundary and take a bus going to oyingbo stop at ijora olopa and ask of the Nepa office.

Second Option, still from mile 2 on the other side of the road going to apapa, take a bus going to wilmer/boundary; get to the last bus stop which is boundary and follow the instructions on 1 above.

Third option, from mile 2 take orile, stop at the last bus stop, u'll see a road to ur right with vehicles calling ijora seven up, take it to the last bus stop when u get there, u take a bus or keke going to oyingbo, stop at ijora olopa and follow the instructions on 1 above.

Hope these helps.

2 Likes

Re: Difficulty In Recharging NEPA's Old Prepaid Meter by sammily(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2016
^^^

Thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two-Storey Building Collapses In Rivers state, Three Feared Dead (Photos) / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations / Cost To Supervise A Foundation Of 2storey Building Of 6flats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.