Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard (1519 Views)

5 Warning Lights You Should Never Ignore In Your Car! / Is It Illegal To Fit Extra Lights On Cars / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard by akonfe7(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello,
My elder brother helped me buy a Nigeria use Toyota Corolla 08 a little over 3 weeks ago. I noticed warning lights on the dashboard indicating "Check Engine", Check ABS" and "Check Brake". But he said the dealer told him they tampered with the electricals that there is nothing to worry about. The Ac isn't working and he also said it just requires gas. On taking it for gas refill, we discovered that the compressor is bad. On account of the lie about the Ac, I decided to check the warning lights and the electrician I met , after doing a scan said the ABS module is bad and to replace it will cost about N115k, though he said I should still be using the car. readings I have done online suggest that I shouldn't take the warnings lightly. Attached is a picture of the dashboard.
I stay in Makurdi, is there any suggestions on how to deal with the warnings?
God bless you as you help a brother.

Re: Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard by AdeniyiA(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
Autosbay...
Re: Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard by mayor2013: 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
Any result. When next you run a scan on your car always request for the scan result. You might want to go back to get the scan result, that would let you know the cause of the check sign
Re: Warning Lights On My Toyota Corolla 2008 Dashboard by akonfe7(m): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2016
@mayor2013
Any result. When next you run a scan on your car always request for the scan result. You might want to go back to get the scan result, that would let you know the cause of the check sign[/quote]

Thanks. Will go and rescan.

(1) (Reply)

Car Mp3 Audio Player Bluetooth Fm + Hands-free Lcd Display Usb Charger / Nigerian Prolific Car Racer And Engine Designer (pic) / ABS Malfunction In My Pajero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.