Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt (1028 Views)

The Scam Behind Jamb Result Upgrade / JAMB Expo Center And How To Avoid The Scam In 2018 / The Scam Going On In Africa's Best Polytechnic, Auchi Poly Auchi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Joshalorsdanse(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
The CBT system for Jamb is a novel idea, but with the occurence of the last few days to my kid brother in particular i think they need to give this a rethink.
My opinion is that
1. With the reduction of cost of forms by the senate, Jamb is out to recoup money and they don't care how they do this.
2. In their minds they may have found an ingenious way to reduce number of students writing JAMB though collection thousands from millions of applicants.
PLEASE READ MY PERSONAL STORY BELOW, It's a bit long but please read and help put on your platform. I attached a shot of the SMS sent. I am on a campaign to right this wrong, injustice and unfairness and expose JAMB's scam and if scrapping or modifying the exam is the outcome, then i believe i have done something right.
(As sent to JAMB)
Good day, My name is Amisu Oluwafemi Tunde, brother of Amisu Oluwafunmito Abdullahi, a 2016 Jamb candidate with registration number, 65913730AD.
My brother was meant to write the Jamb exam at center number C37994 with seat number 042 on Monday February 29, 2016 at original time of 01:30pm.
Due to server issues, as we were told, he didn’t seat for this exam until about 7:30pm on the same day and at the same center finishing at about 20minutes past 9pm in the night. However inconvenient that was.
After writing the exam, we awaited the result as we were told we would get it within 24 hours to the registered number which happened to be my dad’s. Upon checking, we got a “result pending” notification. Understandably, we continued to wait.
On Friday March 4th, my dad on his way out at about 7am was checking through outstanding sms on his phone when he opened a message with subject “2016” containing information that my brother, Amisu Oluwafunmito had been rescheduled to rewrite the JAMB exam a second time without any notice of cancellation of re write.
He was directed to go and reprint the exam slip and present himself for the exam.
Upon taking a closer look at the sms sent to my dad, I discovered that the sms was received at exactly 5:25AM, a mere 35minutes to the time my brother was asked to report for an exam resit he was never informed about.
My dad, turned back home immediately and got the slip printed. On getting to the exam center at about 15minutes to 8am, they were told the exam was almost concluded and my brother won’t be able to write the exam anymore.
While protesting, we were asked to forward a letter to the JAMB office at ikoyi which my dad, has done. To fulfil all righteousness, I decided to follow up with an email, hoping that this email will be acted upon.
Being a Nigerian citizen, I do not want to believe that this unfair and unjust treatment as well as the trauma this has caused was intentional.
I want to believe it’s a mix up and would be resolved promptly. Dashing my brother’s hope of securing admission to a tertiary institution due to some act of negligence or nonchalant attitude is unacceptable.
A refund would not work either considering the rigorous study sessions and training he had to go through. Needless to say this does not encourage positivity and hardwork in any student.
I have attached a picture of the sms to back my claim and you can as well confirm the details and numbers of the candidate, center amongst others.
Issues I would like resolved are
1. Why would my brother go through the stress of writing an exam at 9PM in the night only for it to be cancelled?
2. Even if it was cancelled why wasn’t this cancellation made public on time. Was this some covert action to trim number of people writing the exams?
3. Why would an SMS notify me of rescheduled exams be sent to me by 5:25am, 35 mins to the paper?

Kindly expedite action as this is a first option to resolve this issue.
Thank you for your anticipated attention.
Amisu Femi
Nigerian citizen with a voice.

cc: lalaclasticlala please promote to FP so we can end this injustice. Thanks.

Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
My advice : It’s better to let the sleeping dog lie.
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 08, 2016
Fhis same problem happened to some of ma friends. But they rewrite the exam sha
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Joshalorsdanse(m): 7:36am On Mar 08, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
My advice : It’s better to let the sleeping dog lie.

I would have but the nonchalant attitude of the jamb officials at the center just irritated me. They called the police on some protesting parents and students and that just passed me of totally. If they don't have what it takes either they invest in the system or shut it down. I hear this happens a lot too
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Joshalorsdanse(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2016
adebayor1490:
Fhis same problem happened to some of ma friends. But they rewrite the exam sha

At least he was able to rewrite.. I'm not against re writing but sending a notification 35mins to the re write time for an exam we never knew was cancelled seems shady to me.
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by zenti99(m): 5:53am On Mar 09, 2016
Has the issue been resolved pls can I get the email you forwarded the mail to
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by walexsy(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2016
Am a jambite as well,actually did mine yesterday...and I kind of find d exam way 2 easy for a national one,at one stage I was even blaming myself for reading as extensively as I did...only to get home and check result...pakam!218!for who?I also did jamb last year and I got 260,without reading as much as I've dis year,and i was looking forward to a 300+ score,only to get THAT
I think we are not just ready for a cbt exam...it seems like dey are just dashing out marks Dis year...it either dey scrap da CBT mode cos they ain't ready for it or we scrap dem all together...
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Joshalorsdanse(m): 10:54am On Mar 09, 2016
zenti99:
Has the issue been resolved pls can I get the email you forwarded the mail to

Unfortunately no and they seem less concerned. I sent emails to jamboutstations@gmail.com,
UTME2014.info@jamb.gov.ng, jambannexlagos@yahoo.com, beatrice.okorie@jamb.gov.ng, jambnhalagos@yahoo.com

No acknowledgement or response.
Re: The Scam Machine Called Jamb Cbt by Joshalorsdanse(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2016
walexsy:
Am a jambite as well,actually did mine yesterday...and I kind of find d exam way 2 easy for a national one,at one stage I was even blaming myself for reading as extensively as I did...only to get home and check result...pakam!218!for who?I also did jamb last year and I got 260,without reading as much as I've dis year,and i was looking forward to a 300+ score,only to get THAT
I think we are not just ready for a cbt exam...it seems like dey are just dashing out marks Dis year...it either dey scrap da CBT mode cos they ain't ready for it or we scrap dem all together...

The CBT is not actually a big deal and its something that can be set up, quite straightforward. But between cutbacks, corruption and that lack of maintenance culture and understanding the need to constantly upgrade, the system is just a mess.
My take

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Can Help Me To Answer This Question / HONG KONG Phd Fellowship Scheme - 2017/2018 / Uniben Comp. Science And Comp. Engineering Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.