Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,393 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic (2235 Views)

As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / 2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price) / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
Please folks. I have been a guest the past year and I respect the valued information i get here mostly.
I have a Ford Edge 2008 SEL. It over-heats after 15-20 kilometers

Problems
1: The Radiator became clogged with mud during the rains from 2015 (Radiator is a single-cell with 2 FANS)
2: The mud was washed away with high-pressure spray and the fans replaced. The water flow was tested for any leakages
3: When Air-Conditioning is turned-on the Car Over-heats much faster. When it is turned-off, it does not over-heat

I bought a Ford Diagnostic Tool but do not know how to use it.

I need a recommendation to a reliable mechanic from anyone who has used him and can confirm that
1: Is knowledgeable enough to know what the problem(s) is(are) and how to fix it without re-occurrence
2: Does not inflate prices of parts to cheat owner - this is 2016 and cash is hard to come by
3: Does not introduce a new problem after fixing the one detected (the ones I have used in the past always fix one problem and give me 3 others)

Please I await your recommendations
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by sooperrescue(m): 5:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Come to air force engineering squadron yard in Ikeja and ask for shina
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by sultaan(m): 5:42am On Mar 08, 2016
Hot hot is overheating and are the new fans turning in the right direction put some nylon bag in front while the fan is turning to see if it will suck it to the radiator problem is a simple one the initial wash of radiator would have fixed it but you changed fans

2 Likes

Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
sultaan:
Hot hot is overheating and are the new fans turning in the right direction put some nylon bag in front while the fan is turning to see if it will suck it to the radiator problem is a simple one the initial wash of radiator would have fixed it but you changed fans

I changed the fans because they stopped working after the wash. Initially the fans where rigged to work together as soon as the ignition was turned on.. rather than when the AC is turned on. but I was advised that this was not the original configuration. Please advise of a reliable mechanic to use
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by mayor2013: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2016
everydayperson:

I changed the fans because they stopped working after the wash. Initially the fans where rigged to work together as soon as the ignition was turned on.. rather than when the AC is turned on. but I was advised that this was not the original configuration. Please advise of a reliable mechanic to use

You need to ascertain the cause of the overheating? Do your fans work with a control unit? A coiling system pressure test needs to be carried out. If you are in lagos call multiautolab for a proper diagnosis and solution. 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by honmusa(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
everydayperson:
Please folks. I have been a guest the past year and I respect the valued information i get here mostly.

Problems
1: The Radiator became clogged with mud during the rains from 2015 (Radiator is a single-cell with 2 FANS)
2: The mud was washed away with high-pressure spray and the fans replaced. The water flow was tested for any leakages
3: When Air-Conditioning is turned-on the Car Over-heats much faster. When it is turned-off, it does not over-heat

I need a recommendation to a reliable mechanic from anyone who has used him and can confirm that
1: Is knowledgeable enough to know what the problem(s) is(are) and how to fix it without re-occurrence
2: Does not inflate prices of parts to cheat owner - this is 2016 and cash is hard to come by
3: Does not introduce a new problem after fixing the one detected (the ones I have used in the past always fix one problem and give me 3 others)

If you are in Lagos ,contact autologic @08061166316 .
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by sultaan(m): 12:51am On Mar 09, 2016
If fans were washed in place electrical connector should not get wet, and when they were splicing wires its possible to blow a fuse or relay for the fan so it won't work.

Remember fans don't come on until temperature is ~5-10 degrees over thermostat rating and fans come on to cool system down.Right now if the fan was running from battery check the relay or wiring for damage.

or

Just find Gazzuzz
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by Joshua17: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2016
This could be the possible effects to the overheating of the ford edge 2008...
*Engine coolant level may be low.
*Cylinder head gasket may be bad.
*Engine drive belt may be broken or slipping.
*There may be a leak in the cooling system.
*The ignition timing may be set wrong.
*The electric cooling fan may NOT be coming on.
Please take note of your cooling fan and make sure its functioning well. WE HAD SAME ISSUE WITH A CUSTOMER'S VEHICLE SOMETIMES 2WEEKS PAST, AND A NEW COOLING FAN WAS IMPORTED FROM US TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE. If the cooling fan is not performing to its required optimum rate, a change of the cooling fan is required and please go for the prescribed cooling fan for the vehicle. IF THIS PROBLEM PERSIST, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT NO 38, OBA AKRAN ROAD IKEJA LAGOS STATE OR CONTACT US VIA THIS MOBILE NUMBER 01-2956684
THANKS.
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by Shadeolad(f): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
everydayperson:

Problems

I had this same issue with my Mpv mazda. Get a good radiator mechanic to remove the radiator completely from d vehicle and wash. Not the car wash kind of washing. Trust me ur vehicle will be good to go. I initially washed d radiator at the carwash without bringing it out. Problem persisted, but when it was loosened and brought out to wash by a radiator man. U need to see d caked mud. Ever since it was washed, the overheating stopped.
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks Guys for all the input. I have started making contact and will update you as I progress

Thanks again.
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by OkeyUK: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
How did mud get into the radiator?
I suspect the car had a faulty headgasket and was treated with a K-Seal (it looks like mud) or there is definitely an airlock in the cooling system.
Re: URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic by sultaan(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
OkeyUK:
How did mud get into the radiator?
I suspect the car had a faulty headgasket and was treated with a K-Seal (it looks like mud) or there is definitely an airlock in the cooling system.

Radiator fins from driving on dusty road and through floods

(1) (Reply)

Normal RPM For EOD When Idle / Photos: 2015 Toyota Yaris VS 2015 Honda Fit Which Would You Go For ? / Car Seat Guide: Best Choice For Your Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.