Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms (1211 Views)

Imoudu Sule, Apostle Suleman's Father Warns Him Over PMB, APC Criticisms / Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic / Why Is It Necessary To Appeal To God For Objective Morals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 1:39am On Mar 08, 2016
Notice that to make their points about how God is an unfit character,
Atheists point to verses in the old testaments that depict God in a negative light.
They draw attention to these examples and emphasize them.

But they're also equally numerous examples that put God in a good light.
I never see any atheist mention those. Never.
So how objective are their analyses about the character of God?

Being biased while trying to come off as not is nothing but hypocrisy.

This makes me doubt the sincerity of the atheists here.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by ifenes(m): 1:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Ok,please explain!

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by orisa37: 5:24am On Mar 08, 2016
He who God wants to kill, He makes mad or drunk first before sending assailants after them.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by onetrack(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2016
asalimpo:
Notice that to make their points about how God is an unfit character,
Atheists point to verses in the old testaments that depict God in a negative light.
They draw attention to these examples and emphasize them.

But they're also equally numerous examples that put God in a good light.
I never see any atheist mention those. Never.
So how objective are their analyses about the character of God?

Being biased while trying to come off as not is nothing but hypocrisy.

This makes me doubt the sincerity of the atheists here.

Well if you claim to be perfect and all powerful, I am going to try to show you why you are not. This is all that atheists are doing with this god. If god said, 'hey I'm not perfect and occasionally I do evil stuff', then we probably wouldn't be laughing at all the awful things he does in the Bible.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 8:42am On Mar 08, 2016
Besides, accusing a person of having a particular quality (good or bad) does'nt make the person non-existent.
If God is evil/wicked that isnt sufficient grounds to disqualify His existence or make Him unfit to be God.
If God exists then atheism is a delusion. Whether He is good or bad is irrelevant.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
asalimpo:
Besides, accusing a person of having a particular quality (good or bad) does'nt make the person non-existent.
If God is evil/wicked that isnt sufficient grounds to disqualify His existence or make Him unfit to be God.
If God exists then atheism is a delusion. Whether He is good or bad is irrelevant.
Objective criticisms?

It sounds off...

You can't call something God and still talk about a bad reference of it. God shouldn't have a flaw in the first place. That is why the atheists pick on those parts of the Bible, but what do you know?

Have you contemplated on the word "God"?

Can he be the Bible God if he exists?

Can there be a God with all the imperfections in the world?

This are questions you should answer before criticising atheists.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
Pyrrho:
Objective criticisms?

It sounds off...

You can't call something God and still talk about a bad reference of it. God shouldn't have a flaw in the first place. That is why the atheists pick on those parts of the Bible, but what do you know?

Have you contemplated on the word "God"?

Can he be the Bible God if he exists?

Can there be a God with all the imperfections in the world?

This are questions you should answer before criticising atheists.
it is'nt off.
Objectivity here means the way critics draw materials from the source to make their points.
The source here is the bible.
Critics , atheists, deliberately lean in only one direction, ignore sorrounding contexts to make their points.
That is by every definition of the term biased.

Its a smear campaign rather than objective deconstruction.

For example in your statement , "All the imperfections in the world",
that's a sweeping and false statement right there.

Also an objective enquirer would want to know the nature ,customs and reach of the entity under debate. That will shed more light on His actions. Without this perspective your criticism will be premature and off the mark.
These are the areas you atheists fail in. A more honest and intelligent debate would of course prove God right. Even,then Nobody can argue for God on every issue , they'll always be some unanswerable questions.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
asalimpo:

it is'nt off.
Objectivity here means the way critics draw materials from the source to make their points.
The source here is the bible.
Critics , atheists, deliberately lean in only one direction, ignore sorrounding contexts to make their points.
That is by every definition of the term biased.

Its a smear campaign rather than objective deconstruction.

For example in your statement , "All the imperfections in the world",
that's a sweeping and false statement right there.

Also an objective enquirer would want to know the nature ,customs and reach of the entity under debate. That will shed more light on His actions. Without this perspective your criticism will be premature and off the mark.
These are the areas you atheists fail in. A more honest and intelligent debate would of course prove God right. Even,then Nobody can argue for God on every issue , they'll always be some unanswerable questions.
Christians are criticised by atheists based on the arguments and evidences they present.

But there are numerous reasons why atheists do not believe in the existence of God.

The problems is that there is always a fault in any theistical claim.

Present one argument for the existence of God, or evidence, that is indubitable.

Give it a try.

In the end, all your conviction are just believe not evidence or proofs. And I respect that.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by lepasharon(f): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
I know Christians say the old testament doesn't matter. But the fact is those things did happen and it's there in the Bible. Yahweh was a monster and you know it.

If you are saying the old testament doesn't matter, why did God make those rules and laws in the first place? He made a mistake? Changed his mind? I thought God never changes. If he made a mistake, is he perfect? If he isn't why call him God?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
Pyrrho:
Christians are criticised by atheists based on the arguments and evidences they present.

But there are numerous reasons why atheists do not believe in the existence of God.

The problems is that there is always a fault in any theistical claim.

Present one argument for the existence of God, or evidence, that is indubitable.

Give it a try.

In the end, all your conviction are just believe not evidence or proofs. And I respect that.

Christians take their authority from God's written word ,the bible.
They Bible is the final authority on God.
Atheist attacking or critiquing God, without understanding the nature of God
as contained in the bible are simply trying to put their spin on things and caricature God.
How biased is that?

The bible and christianity is not a polytheistic book or religion. To God,there's only one God and way to him,
thru His Son Jesus' other religions are are misleading and crooked and a deliberate lie because they dont stem from Him.
So naturally, they may contain blatant fallacies.
But notwithstanding, though decieved , adherents of false religions , at least believe in a supreme being.

"One argument for the existence of God"
Simple. The world you live in. The world around you.
It speaks of God , all the time.
The night sky, a beautiful sunset, the scent of a rose,
the tumbling of a water fall, the grace of the cheetah,
the majesty of the Lion. The marvel of conception - from feotus to full human.
The order and immaculateness of nature.
A planet that hangs on nothing.
A sun that has never failed to rise.
A solar system that has been constant for millenia.

All these point to God. They're God's signature. That man may see and marvel and know that there's a
mighty God.

The bible says "The heaven's declares God's Glory. " (psalm 19v1)

No sane person can look at all these and say "chance made them"! that's poo!
but if you want to deny the existence of God, you can go to any length to believe anything.
Including the poo of evolution.

Scientists of all walks of life, have looked at the works of God (so called nature) and marvelled!!
They're still learning new things every day!!
So much inventions, infact all inventions i'll dare say, have been inspired by God (so called nature).
To solve complex problems scientists go to nature (God's works) to learn. Then they mimic.
Why, because, God had created it before.

God, created some things in this life so that man would ponder on his wisdom.
Look at the ants, their unity. As tiny as they are, bonded together they can stop and kill
a tiger (i.e the soldier ants).
How large is their brain? See how house ants can tear a cockroach apart and before you know,
its entire body is gone. by strenghts,this tiny creatures can carry things 10 times their body weight!
Where did they get the brain or wisdom?

All these came from chance?! puleez. think again!!.

Anyway, the bible says, God made the visible world pointing his works to man. That man may marvel and ponder about Him (my paraphrase).
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
lepasharon:
I know Christians say the old testament doesn't matter. But the fact is those things did happen and it's there in the Bible. Yahweh was a monster and you know it.

If you are saying the old testament doesn't matter, why did God make those rules and laws in the first place? He made a mistake? Changed his mind? I thought God never changes. If he made a mistake, is he perfect? If he isn't why call him God?

I never say the old testament doesnt matter. The old testament God appears harsher, than the God in the new testament, specifically, God the Father appears sterner than God the Son!
But they are one and the same.
The issue, is a fallen human being, you and I, cannot fully grasp the enormity of sin.
Sin has a numbing effect. After sometime, you get used to it.
But Sin as God sees it is so vile, that His holy presence destroys it.
He doesnt even physically have to move against it.
His mere holy presence thwarts it out. Because He is holy.
Can you grasp that? No.
In the Bible, when Isaiah, saw God, He fell on his knees trembling.
Was God trying to intimidate him? No, Isaiah was a normal man, but when he saw, the Holy God,
His physical body couldnt stand it?! Think of that for a minute.

In the old testament God judged sin, punishment against sin was judged when due.
Why did sin have to be judged?
God's judgement agains sin wasnt harsh, vengeful or vindictive. It was pure and complete.
It only looks harsh to man.

Take a concentrate beam of white light channeled into a laser. It will cut throw steel like it is a hot knife
passed through butter.
That's because its concentrated and potent.
God's Holy presence is terrible against sin. Going into his presence with sin can kill you outright.
It's in the old testament itself.
If a priest was to offer sacrifice, he had to make sure he was 100% pure. Any mistake, and it is his dead body that will be dragged out.
Now, think how the world will feel when they'll stand before God and explain how they sanctioned gay marraige!!
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
asalimpo:
If God exists and he isn't All Good, then Christianity is a delusion. That's what Atheists are getting at when they emphasize all those horrible passages.

you know, an Imperfect God wouldn't be such a bad Idea.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by ValentineMary(m): 12:50am On Mar 09, 2016
The OP is trying to make his God look more "presentable" lol. If u want to talk of ur God, then u trace him to the old testament. Unless he changed somewhere along the line or Jesus lied.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 8:51am On Mar 09, 2016
Teempakguy:
If God exists and he isn't All Good, then Christianity is a delusion. That's what Atheists are getting at when they emphasize all those horrible passages.

you know, an Imperfect God wouldn't be such a bad Idea.

God exists and is not only Good but Perfect. Again,i'm talking about the bible God.
A God with evil in Him would unqualified to judge evil or satan.
The problem lies with you people, atheists,critics , trying to define the standards of uprightness, then fit God into that mould. He doesnt fit so, you sit on thrones to judge Him as a felon. Like I said, your judgements are deliberately biased, sweeping,exaggerated.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2016
ValentineMary:
The OP is trying to make his God look more "presentable" lol. If u want to talk of ur God, then u trace him to the old testament. Unless he changed somewhere along the line or Jesus lied.
I provided some context , which you atheists/critics deliberately ignore or are ignorant of, for God.
Those contexts are needed to evaluate the actions of God .
Like I said previously, God the Father is reflected through God the Son in the New Testament. Did He change? No.
I'm not trying to polish God's image or tell you guys stop criticising. I'm saying, your arguments are skewed, out of context, biased. You guyz try to come off as objective, but you are not. You are rather, fishing for facts/evidence to convince yourselves on why you should be atheists and reject God.
Good,you have free will . God, wont force any1 to choose Him. He gave you Jesus,salvation, redemption etc. It's left to you to accept or reject. If you reject His offer of salvation, don't turn around and justify your actions with some lopsided arguing.

If you want to critique His actions in the OT, understand FIRST, the context sorrounding His actions then and why He reacted so-sin,judgement,holiness,death- otherwise your judgement will be biased.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2016
orisa37:
He who God wants to kill, He makes mad or drunk first before sending assailants after them.

Your God is a murderer.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by orisa37: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
My God is the Boss of Satan the evil spirit and the exclusive purveyor of the Holy Spirit. He is jealous but doesn't want us to be jealous like Him. Consequently, He can murder by instructing any demon of Satan to kill you because you're a sinner, you deserve to be punished and He is the Almighty Authority. Atheists have no focus, no aims and no objectives.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Your God is a murderer.
murder is justified,if there is no God.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
orisa37:
My God is the Boss of Satan the evil spirit and the exclusive purveyor of the Holy Spirit. He is jealous but doesn't want us to be jealous like Him. Consequently, He can murder by instructing any demon of Satan to kill you because you're a sinner, you deserve to be punished and He is the Almighty Authority. Atheists have no focus, no aims and no objectives.

Murdering either directly or by proxy makes your God a muderous monster

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

There is a God, created in Man's mendulla.

That God is just some few men idea. . .and it is passed down to sheeps who become indoctirnated.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by orisa37: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
The words you are using are God's. No sinner can ever go unpunished. Evil words against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by ValentineMary(m): 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

I provided some context , which you atheists/critics deliberately ignore or are ignorant of, for God.
Those contexts are needed to evaluate the actions of God .
Like I said previously, God the Father is reflected through God the Son in the New Testament. Did He change? No.
I'm not trying to polish God's image or tell you guys stop criticising. I'm saying, your arguments are skewed, out of context, biased. You guyz try to come off as objective, but you are not. You are rather, fishing for facts/evidence to convince yourselves on why you should be atheists and reject God.
Good,you have free will . God, wont force any1 to choose Him. He gave you Jesus,salvation, redemption etc. It's left to you to accept or reject. If you reject His offer of salvation, don't turn around and justify your actions with some lopsided arguing.

If you want to critique His actions in the OT, understand FIRST, the context sorrounding His actions then and why He reacted so-sin,judgement,holiness,death- otherwise your judgement will be biased.
Let me get it straight, they were conditions affecting God's manner of approach to man? are u kidding me something as small as humans and earth could alter the thought of the almighty God, waw and I wonder why he is still called ALMIGHTY. Now my next qus, which seems to be encapsulated in my original: Is Jesus the same as Yahweh if yes, why the sudden change and if no, then why worship Jesus?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
ValentineMary:

Let me get it straight, they were conditions affecting God's manner of approach to man? are u kidding me something as small as humans and earth could alter the thought of the almighty God, waw and I wonder why he is still called ALMIGHTY. Now my next qus, which seems to be encapsulated in my original: Is Jesus the same as Yahweh if yes, why the sudden change and if no, then why worship Jesus?
you have a mould for who you think should be God. But, the bible God doesnt fit that mould so ... You reject Him as God.
Sorry,dude, nobody appointed you the new God-makers.
You all are unqualified to coronate a God,if ever such was possible.

Do some sincere research and your other questions can be answered.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by ValentineMary(m): 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

you have a mould for who you think should be God. But, the bible God doesnt fit that mould so ... You reject Him as God.
Sorry,dude, nobody appointed you the new God-makers.
You all are unqualified to coronate a God,if ever such was possible.

Do some sincere research and your other questions can be answered.
Lol, I thought as much. Christians always shying away in face of arguments.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
ValentineMary:

Lol, I thought as much. Christians always shying away in face of arguments.
this is funny. It's wisdom to not educate a scoffer. If it were sincere enquirer, you may explain.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

God exists and is not only Good but Perfect. Again,i'm talking about the bible God.
A God with evil in Him would unqualified to judge evil or satan.
The problem lies with you people, atheists,critics , trying to define the standards of uprightness, then fit God into that mould. He doesnt fit so, you sit on thrones to judge Him as a felon. Like I said, your judgements are deliberately biased, sweeping,exaggerated.
This must be a joke.
God said it himself. "I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil: I am the LORD that does all this."

The guy is evil as _fuck. And then he goes on to parade himself as the epitome of Goodness. yeah, right.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Teempakguy:
This must be a joke.
God said it himself. "I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil: I am the LORD that does all this."

The guy is evil as _fuck. And then he goes on to parade himself as the epitome of Goodness. yeah, right.
and how many verses like those do you have in all the verses about Good and evil. You jump on that to pass judgement that "God is evil as --".
Are you being objective or just lookng for evidence to smear Him.
Ok,lets assume God is as evil as fvck,as you say.
Then, this evil God,

1) Loved the world so much He sent His only begotten Son into the world that Whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Note: The world isnt the church, it's the people under satan. The satanic mindset and world view.
The unsaved and lost.

2) I know the thought that i think towards you,thoughts of good and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
(oh,and it's old testament. The era God was a tyrant)

3) God is not willing that ANYONE should perish but that all should come to repentance

4) No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.
And any tongue that rises up against you in judgement shall be condemned

5) Cast your cares upon the Lord for He cares for You!

6) I will lift up my eyes unto the hills for whence cometh my help. My Help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. He shall not suffer my foot to be moved.

7) God put a hedge around Job,everything He had. A hedge of protection.

8.) The Lord maketh me lie down in green pastures. He restoreth my soul. He prepareth a table before me in the presence of my enemies..
Etc

you know the verse painting Him black,supposedly. You cite it.
Can you ever cite these verses or acknowledge them? Can you weigh both verses side by side and reach a conclusion?
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by lepasharon(f): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

this is funny. It's wisdom to not educate a scoffer. If it were sincere enquirer, you may explain.

It's not wisdom to educate a scoffer? Why did you open the thread then
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 1:28am On Mar 10, 2016
lepasharon:

It's not wisdom to educate a scoffer? Why did you open the thread then
Read thru my earlier posts, if you really wanna know why? I think, i've made my point abundantly clear?
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

Merely because you derive your morality from religion doesn't mean that all other people do.
Re: Atheists,be Objective In Your Criticisms by asalimpo(m): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2016
koonbey:
Merely because you derive your morality from religion doesn't mean that all other people do.
morality without religion is hypocrisy and foolishness.
If we are freaks of nature, accidents, with no purpose, destiny,calling. Just matter. Then it is no more wrong to kill a man than it is for a cat to kill a mouse.
It's all survival of the fittest.

(1) (Reply)

Manifestation Of The Sons / Are Tongues Meant To Be Understood? / How Preachers Successfully Exploit People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.