Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open (1294 Views)

How Kofi Annan Died – Wife, Nane Maria Annan / Meet Nane Maria Anna And Titi Alakija, Kofi Annan's Widow & Ex Wife Respectively / Violent Clashes At Australian Race Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by scully95: 1:41am On Mar 08, 2016
Previous world number one Maria Sharapova, 28, uncovered today March seventh that she fizzled a medication test at the Australian Open. The five-time Grand Slam champion tried positive for meldonium, a substance she says she has been taking since 2006 for her personal health issues.

Take it or leave it, even if she had been taking panado extra or paracetamol, those Neocons sponsoring the game will surely add component of the drug to the ban list. Since they are in war with Russia.

--> ***** CC: Soldiers of Truth, Justice and on the right side of history - Appleyard, Nairaminted, Cyprus000, Fineguy11, Shymm3x, Seagulsntrawler,Zoharariel

-> -*CC: The Pentagon Propaganda Head Honchos - Missy89, Vedaxcool, Mazeltov, ValerianSteel, Obagadaffi, Lucasbalo.

See what she said bellow.

"I did fail the test and take full responsibility for it. For the past 10 years I have been given a medicine called mildronate by my family doctor and a few days ago after I received a letter from the ITF [International Tennis Federation] I found out it also has another name of meldonium, which I did not know."
"It is very important for you to understand that for 10 years this medicine was not on Wada's banned list and I had been legally taking that medicine for the past 10 years. But on 1 January the rules had changed and meldonium became a prohibited substance, which I had not known. I received an email on 22 December from Wada about the changes happening to the banned list and you can see prohibited items - and I didn't click on that link."
"I made a huge mistake. I have let my fans down, and let the sport down that I have been playing since the age of four that I love so deeply.
"I know that with this I face consequences and I don't want to end my career this way. I really hope to be given another chance to play this game."

"I know many of you thought that I would be retiring today but if I was ever going to announce my retirement it would not be in a downtown Los Angeles hotel with this fairly ugly carpet," she said.
The Russian beauty was charged on March 2nd. She is officially suspended pending further action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by jeffizy(m): 2:08am On Mar 08, 2016
The ongoing drug test issue is a tsunami and I believe both saints and sinners will get washed away.

That's how they create entertainment out there.

1 Like

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by JhimmySpark(m): 2:13am On Mar 08, 2016
See as she tek responsibility for her actions... If na Africa na to dey blame devil or one old grany for village.

2 Likes

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by Missy89(f): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
Everything is not Russia / US politics.

Calm the fvck down and stop tagging people everywhere. Start taking your Zyprexa and try to get some sleep.

2 Likes

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by Appleyard(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2016
jeffizy:
The ongoing drug test issue is a tsunami and I believe both saints and sinners will get washed away.

That's how they create entertainment out there.
Your sense is there!
Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by Appleyard(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2016
JhimmySpark:
See as she tek responsibility for her actions... If na Africa na to dey blame devil or one old grany for village.
cheesy
Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by GBR1(m): 11:09am On Mar 08, 2016
scully95:

Take it or leave it, even if she had been taking panado extra or paracetamol, those Neocons sponsoring the game will surely add component of the drug to the ban list. Since they are in war with Russia.
Calm down and stop trying too hard to appear foolish. Maria might be Russian but she's the western media darling and she's revered by them over Serena the Black American and they enjoy creating some sort of rivalry(which doesn't actually exist) between them. Serena is the undisputed tennis champion for several years having achieved unprecedented success on the court and Sharapova is a very distant second but strangely she earns more than Serena in endorsements and you should think about that before going full re.tard with Russia propaganda every time. In fact i'm also certain those "neocons" you refer to are Maria's fans if you really actually understand what goes on.

The drug involved is melodium. It is on the banned list now because Wada started seeing it in lots of samples and found it does have performance enhancing properties.

It was on Wada's watchlist for over a year and added to the banned list on 1 January. I'm certain there are a lot of other drugs like that which haven't been included yet and they are taken by a lot of athletes.
A lot of Russians are on it unsurprisingly since Russians are serial cheaters and that should tell you something.

I hope she pays if she's found guilty but i wouldn't be so certain on that because even the media is already giving her such an easy ride.

1 Like

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by scully95: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
GBR1:

Calm down and stop trying too hard to appear foolish. Maria might be Russian but she's the western media darling and she's revered by them over Serena the Black American and they enjoy creating some sort of rivalry(which doesn't actually exist) between them. Serena is the undisputed tennis champion for several years having achieved unprecedented success on the court and Sharapova is a very distant second but strangely she earns more than Serena in endorsements and you should think about that before going full re.tard with Russia propaganda every time. In fact i'm also certain those "neocons" you refer to are Maria's fans if you really actually understand what goes on.

The drug involved is melodium. It is on the banned list now because Wada started seeing it in lots of samples and found it does have performance enhancing properties.

It was on Wada's watchlist for over a year and added to the banned list on 1 January. I'm certain there are a lot of other drugs like that which haven't been included yet and they are taken by a lot of athletes.
A lot of Russians are on it unsurprisingly since Russians are serial cheaters and that should tell you something.

I hope she pays if she's found guilty but i wouldn't be so certain on that because even the media is already giving her such an easy ride.

Ode, you are still saying the same thing. Over 10 years they did not find it right. It's now they found it. Same goes to Blatter... Since the prevous FIFA chiefs have been giving the host to the west. There was no corruption charges, but the moment the otherwise started happeing.. O yes Corruptoon charges.... Yes, they see I will still update you on the next Championship which I am waiting patiently to see what they will say about the country hosting it. May be all of them too will be tasted for Melodin. We shall see.

Anything being organized by the west.. Forget it.. They are empire of lies, deceit and for tht reason will never ever, believe in that tracts.. Anything U.S has influence in is lies and continue attacking shows massive pt of weakness.

Same goes to even the Amnesty international.. Anything international.. U.S (Neocons) is a demon and one that pushes you to do something if you don't do it, the same bad guys got your balls to break.

So, my pt is still valid.. You said they started seeing melodin or melodium right.. How many other ppl did melodin affect aside Maria ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by vedaxcool(m): 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
-^
You are such a child you seriously need to grow up! Desist from tagging me from your brain dead thread.

What's happening wrt the police? Why haven't they arrested me yet?
Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by fineguy11(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
I watched her remorseful statement today and instantly,i fell in love with her..i also watched sky sport public interviews regarding her ordeal,many in the US were of the view that it was unintentional on her part.i think she'll get off easy,probably a 1 year ban..Maria isn't the only tennis star that is DOPING,she's just unlucky to have been caught!
Re: After A Decade, Famous Maria Sharapova Failed Drugs Test At Australian Open by ValerianSteel(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
I think my only problem with her is the fact that she claimed she never read the mail sent to her about the substance detailing information about it now being banned from use.

That's ludicrous as far as am concerned.

The issue of substance abuse can't be easily dealt with,people use and take all sorts of things without knowing they are necessarily performance enhancers.

BTW.I hope Russia is banned from world athletics for the next ten years grin grin grin tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Western Media Especially CNN So Biased And Anti Trump? / UK Prime Minister Refuses To Shake Two Black Men At An Event / Saudi Teen Throws Off Niqab After Fleeing To Canada To Be A Free Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.